• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Rose Bowl is nuts.
      Strange - it was going along seeming like a normal game and then, - boom - long scores right and left. Fun though.
      Wow - another long one!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Ohio St's D woke up, and slowed the bleeding, and eventually passed Utah. The backup Utah QB managed to tie the game, but OSU had it last. Fun game to watch.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Sorry for the Utah fans.
          I think their downfall was missed tackles. Too many short passes became long gains.
          Kind of sad that it ends with a FG after all the great offense these teams played.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

That was a GREAT Rose Bowl. Devin Lloyd seemed to be MIA though????

Is that wide receiver/kick returner for Utah coming out in the draft? He is a baller.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              That was a GREAT Rose Bowl. Devin Lloyd seemed to be MIA though????

Is that wide receiver/kick returner for Utah coming out in the draft? He is a baller.
              Many guys that are gonna be top draft picks didnt play in their bowl games. Neither of Ohio st's starting WRs played but that one dude went off.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

What do you think of M. Rodriguez, LB #20 of Oklahoma State ?

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

Just got back from the Rose Bowl last night. While a disappointed in the outcome, still so proud of this Ute team and all that they overcame even to be there. An unbelievable atmosphere in a game that was just crazy, it was an amazing and even emotional experience. As someone that has been a season ticket holder for 20 years, it is just crazy to me that the Utes were playing a game on this stage. The future is bright. To answer some questions from above:

-Just too many injuries in the defensive backfield. Our leader in total tackles for the game was a RB. Not kidding, Micah Bernard is a RB and even scored a td in the game and was forced to double duty to play CB. Too bad, might have been a different outcome if we had a little more depth there.

-Turning point of the game was that muffed snap on the punt. Ugh...just a crusher in a game that is turning into a track meet.

-The backup QB came in and led them down for tying TD. Huge balls on that kid. He is from a tiny town in Southern Utah and played at the smallest division in Utah high schools. I don't believe he had seen any game action all season and when he came in, it took us a minute to figure out who he was. Unfortunately, everyone in the stadium knew we sored too fast. Not his fault, we should have tried to run the ball a couple of time there and take more time off that clock.

-Curiously, Devin Lloyd (the best defensive player in the country) was not involved. I believe OSU did a great job scheming him out of the game plan but I have to go back and watch the game to truly see what happened.

-Yes, Britain Covey has announced he is coming out. He has been in the program since 2015 and because of a mission, injuries and Covid he still has another year of eligibility believe it or not. He is probably the most popular player in Utah history and would probably win for Governor if he ran in this state. I would not have been surprised if he would have returned that final kick all the way back for a win.

Overall, an unbelievable experience and why I absolutely love college football. GO UTES!
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                  X