• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Yeah he was a legend. Didn't see a lot of his coaching career. Usually loved him as a broadcaster but sometimes he got out of hand with his marker thing though during broadcasts.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Oh, my lawd...you have video. Bless you for that.

OK, this is my Pat Summerall story....I am at a banquet hall at a sports luncheon and I'm the guy who taped the event where Pat is the keynote sports-motivational speaker. Then, Pat tells the worst story I've ever heard. The story is from around 1985-ish and Mickey Mantle is in rehab in Arizona and he calls Pat up on the phone.

Pat: Hey Mickey! What's up?

Mickey: Can you catch AIDS from being naked in a hot-tub with a bunch of ****?

Everything up until that moment had been wonderful and Pat so gracious, and it all just went to hell.

(I have been carrying around that awful story for twenty years, I've never, ever shared. thank you for letting me unload that burden)

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

A certain part of me wouldn't mind if Staley was a dirty, nasty coach.
        I wonder if Madden was affected by the Stingley paralysis....he got out of coaching early.
        Agreed.
        "just win" mentality
        The NFL has many exploitable flaws, I say exploit them all EXCEPT when it comes to serious injuries
        game within the game and the turds took advantage in the 70s
        There are reasonable ways to bend the rules and fully expect Staley to be savvy to them
        Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
        X