Hire New DC and Replace Hill? (was Vic Fangio, Wink Martindale)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Writer at CBS

Why did the Chargers call that timeout on third down? It sure seemed like the Raiders were going to be content to run out the clock. Extremely puzzling.

Jared Dubin

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

I think a few Charger fans here are going to be very disappointed when the coaching staff and front office return with no major changes.
      If thats true then fuck it time to do somethin useful with my Sundays lol.I am about at my end with the fucktard spanos clan right now.They literally make me wanna puke.

Comment

• bolthead123
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • San Diego
        • I work in IT.
        • Send PM

I think a few Charger fans here are going to be very disappointed when the coaching staff and front office return with no major changes.
        Only the newer fans. Most of us that have been following the team for years tend not be surprised.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

Denver flailing again. Now its a new HC and a new QB they need. In this division that is brutal towards next years chance to not be in the bottom spot of the afc west.
          Don't worry, I think we will give them a run LOL
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
            Reading CBS reporters thought the LVR were just going to run out the clock. " Why risk a kick which could get blocked etc." Run teh clock out and you are guaranteed in.

Then Staley called a timeout. ? Don't understand why? It seemed to rile Bisacci who then ran a run play . Projecting here but that sequence was odd.
            Why are people so up in arms about this?

Bisaccia ran a run play after the TO...because he was going to guess what....run a run play before the TO too. Hence, running out the clock.

The point is that Jacobs was basically gashing us in OT and they were happy to get the easy yards to get into FG range.

It sounds like if we didn't call the TO and get the right personnel in there, that last run (which still went for a first down), could have been even more damaging or even a home run. It be one thing if we were stopping their run game, then maybe the TO changes their strategy. But they were running it down our throats. It changed nothing.

So in this case I actually think he was right, try to keep the FG attempt as long as possible.

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Writer at CBS

Why did the Chargers call that timeout on third down? It sure seemed like the Raiders were going to be content to run out the clock. Extremely puzzling.

Jared Dubin
              The Raiders were never going for the tie, that is all post-game bullshit. The are just fucking with everyone at Staley's expense. C'mon, man.

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Why are people so up in arms about this?

Bisaccia ran a run play after the TO...because he was going to guess what....run a run play before the TO too. Hence, running out the clock.

The point is that Jacobs was basically gashing us in OT and they were happy to get the easy yards to get into FG range.

It sounds like if we didn't call the TO and get the right personnel in there, that last run (which still went for a first down), could have been even more damaging or even a home run. It be one thing if we were stopping their run game, then maybe the TO changes their strategy. But they were running it down our throats. It changed nothing.

So in this case I actually think he was right, try to keep the FG attempt as long as possible.
                I agree, there were only about 5 seconds left on the play clock when the chargers called timeout, so we saved 5 seconds. the raiders were going to run on the next play no matter what.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

No coaching change will turn Mike Davis into a true CB1.

No coaching staff will turn Norton into a solid starting RT.

No coaching staff will make Chris Harris younger, or Josh Kelley worth a roster spot
                  No coaching staff during the Telesco regime were able to improve special teams. It took better veteran players added in season to see a decent special teams for once.

Before they hire anyone.
                  They need to fire Telesco.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Chuckeezy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

No coaching staff will make Chris Harris younger, or Josh Kelley worth a roster spot
                    No coaching staff during the Telesco regime were able to improve special teams. It took better veteran players added in season to see a decent special teams for once.

Before they hire anyone.

sad part is they won’t fire him.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Before they hire anyone.
                      How many franchises would keep a GM after 2 playoff appearances in NINE years? And many of those other years weren't close either...they were very lean years.

This is why you have the Chiefs, Packers, Bills, Titans, Bucs, etc.

And then you have teams like the Chargers.

Comment

• TTThunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Reading CBS reporters thought the LVR were just going to run out the clock. " Why risk a kick which could get blocked etc." Run teh clock out and you are guaranteed in.

Then Staley called a timeout. ? Don't understand why? It seemed to rile Bisacci who then ran a run play . Projecting here but that sequence was odd.
                        I felt the same.

It looks like they were intent on running until the time expired, get in as a 7th seed and a rematch with KS...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Ontario , Canada
                          • Send PM

Winning does give a higher seed. I still don't get it though They could have run another play but seemed to want to run the clock down.

Usually you run as many run plays as possible to get better position first then call TO then kick the field goal.

Just bizarre

Comment

Working...
                          X