Hire New DC and Replace Hill? (was Vic Fangio, Wink Martindale)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Give BS GM duties, say bye to Tom.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Why are people so up in arms about this?

Bisaccia ran a run play after the TO...because he was going to guess what....run a run play before the TO too. Hence, running out the clock.

The point is that Jacobs was basically gashing us in OT and they were happy to get the easy yards to get into FG range.

It sounds like if we didn't call the TO and get the right personnel in there, that last run (which still went for a first down), could have been even more damaging or even a home run. It be one thing if we were stopping their run game, then maybe the TO changes their strategy. But they were running it down our throats. It changed nothing.

So in this case I actually think he was right, try to keep the FG attempt as long as possible.
      Actually on NFL Gametime Biasacci and Carr apparently said the were wanting to run the clock out in interviews after the game . But after Staley called a time out they reconsidered.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Actually on NFL Gametime Biasacci and Carr apparently said the were wanting to run the clock out in interviews after the game . But after Staley called a time out they reconsidered.
        I don't buy it. Regardless of what they said.

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

I know everyone wants Fangio but I can't see it happening, defensive head coaches never hire more established defensive coordinators. Considering Staley learned from Fangio, I'm not sure how much would actually change anyway. Its more of a personnel issue.

Comment

• DallasEire
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

Fangio would be a fantastic hire and, as such, very unlikely. Coach Smoke doesn't appear to be a personality that can admit mistakes and Renaldo Hill will remain in charge of what was a rruley horrible defense.

In my 40 years of watching San Diego - that was the worst Charger defense i have ever witnessed. The lack of defense made me hate the 2021 version of the Chargers - even with some of the dramatic Herbert moments ( like last night ).

I would like someone to ask what the accountability structure looks like within this team ? The Chargers are unforgivably dumb and they make critical mental errors in every game. Do we know if there is any accountability ? The Houston 2nd and 12 with Burkhead ripping off 15 yards when Smoke says the Chargers were in the right defense to stop the run. And then, last night. Again, i hear Smoke saying they're in the right call but plays aren't being made. The question is where is the accountability ? The same mistakes occurred across the entire seventeen game season with zero improvement. If anything, this defense got worse as the season progressed under Smoke's genius.

Hoping Fangio would consider and Hoping Smoke will acknowledge the error on Hill and add Fangio..... Would take a lot of things to fall into place and with the San Diego Clippers we're more likely to have another Magic Johnson recording on the Spanos family than we are a convergence of good luck.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
              I know everyone wants Fangio but I can't see it happening, defensive head coaches never hire more established defensive coordinators. Considering Staley learned from Fangio, I'm not sure how much would actually change anyway. Its more of a personnel issue.
              The fact that he studied under Fangio could make Fangio Staley's eyes and ears on that side. Staley has enough to worry about. That being said, numerous personnel changes need to be made.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Any thoughts on Brian Flores? He was given a raw deal in Miami( their GM isn't very good either).
                He's a Belicheck disciple AND a former D coordinator in New England.
                Fangio would be my first choice as DC but Flores might be up there as well.
                Staley needs to concentrate on managing the games. Let coordinators run the O and D.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't buy it. Regardless of what they said.
                  If they ran the clock out they win 100%. There is a risk kicking teh field goal , could get blocked and returned for a td etc. Small risk but still a risk. They admitted they were thinking about running the clock out that late in the game and it makes sense.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Although I'd hate to make Herbert learn yet another offensive system, I think the Chargers need to change both coordinators. The Chargers' defense failed far too often (regardless of whether Hill or Staley actually called the plays), and, on the offensive side, I thought Lombardi really shackled Herbert, who is by far the team's best player.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Fangio's going to be some team's head coach, not a DC. We aint getting the guy.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                          Any thoughts on Brian Flores? He was given a raw deal in Miami( their GM isn't very good either).
                          He's a Belicheck disciple AND a former D coordinator in New England.
                          Fangio would be my first choice as DC but Flores might be up there as well.
                          Staley needs to concentrate on managing the games. Let coordinators run the O and D.
                          Or even Zimmer.

I know there won't be any changes, the usual empty platitudes, "next year is a push year, etc etc), but it's fun to dream.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X