Hire New DC and Replace Hill? (was Vic Fangio, Wink Martindale)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I still believe in Staley. I look for a lot of improvement in the defense this season. I like the culture and the attitude he has established. And he did a lot to really turn the tide on the injury thing (unless we just got lucky) that we don't give enough credit for. I also like that he admits and corrects mistakes (Swinton). Other coaches we have had would have stubbornly maintained status quo, hoping things would be different and better without making them different and better.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Z_Bee
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Yep. Staley was brought in because he is the McVay of defense. Young Belicheck but with morals and integrity. Makes no sense to bring in a top notch DC. Would be like expecting Andy Reid to bring in a big name OC to run the KC offense. Ain't gonna happen

TG
      That was the assumption of many, including me, when he got the coaching job here. I hope it will truly be the case. I don’t have any stats in front of me but even with DJ this year, it seems like the team regressed with Staley, the defensive genius, at the helm. I wasn’t expecting much on the defense for his first year, however, it was so painful to watch them compared to the previous year.. and the previous year was painful on its own.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Well there you go.

Comment

Working...
        X