• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Remember How This Feels, Right Now

Because that's how it's going to feel pretty much every year as a Chargers fan.

LOL sorry if you came in here looking for an inspirational message.

Just like in real life, you have the haves and have nots. And we are most certainly in the latter camp. I'm sure we'll get the usual empty platitudes from ownership, "we're close," etc. As a fanbase, we probably should just be happy with the handful of exciting games/comebacks we get each year (like the win at KC this year, the exciting game against the Browns, etc) and the individual performances. But to think this franchise will one day be sculpted to consistently compete with the NFL heavyweights...is foolhardy.

Take the small pleasures and I guess just remember this is a game. One that that Chargers are not good at, LOL.

Good night.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

The thing I have been feeling for the last several weeks is that we have several premiere guys. Bosa, Derwin, Allen, Ekeler, Slater and Herbert. Most of the rest of the roster is serviceable to good. But just about every spot (with the few exceptions above) we are (or should be) looking to upgrade.

Some guys are developing, like Samuel, Adderley, Storm and Pipkins. I am not trying to make a very comprehensive list, but this roster needs to get better.

I do think Staley is on to some stuff that has made a weak roster more competitive. But if the Chargers are ever going to step up, they need to get better.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      The thing I have been feeling for the last several weeks is that we have several premiere guys. Bosa, Derwin, Allen, Ekeler, Slater and Herbert. Most of the rest of the roster is serviceable to good. But just about every spot (with the few exceptions above) we are (or should be) looking to upgrade.

Some guys are developing, like Samuel, Adderley, Storm and Pipkins. I am not trying to make a very comprehensive list, but this roster needs to get better.

I do think Staley is on to some stuff that has made a weak roster more competitive. But if the Chargers are ever going to step up, they need to get better.
      So we need a new GM

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

I don't buy that it is all TT fault. I don't think the coaching staff's we have had did much in the way to develop young players. Bradley seems to be cashing in on players who were zero's for us, but seemed to have found ways to play well.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Raiders arent that good.This game was a sham.Brand new stadium plusI been hearing for weeks about all the adversity the turds have faced with chuckie and ruggs then Madden dies and and today was the anniversary of Madden takin em to the bowl and it all just seems a bit too perfect to me.Sports entertainment.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We have a franchise QB and franchise LT.

That's it.

Now go to work. Do something.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              Raiders arent that good.This game was a sham.Brand new stadium plusI been hearing for weeks about all the adversity the turds have faced with chuckie and ruggs then Madden dies and and today was the anniversary of Madden takin em to the bowl and it all just seems a bit too perfect to me.Sports entertainment.
              The officiating tonight was a shit show. That was the worst I have seen it since the Dalas game. Ridiculous PI call on the bomb. Chargers getting called for real penalties and being called very tight. The Turds not getting called except the most brutal of penalties. They were holding like crazy, interfering like crazy all night and the refs held their flags.

That had me more frustrated than any other thing tonight.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The officiating tonight was a shit show. That was the worst I have seen it since the Dalas game. Ridiculous PI call on the bomb. Chargers getting called for real penalties and being called very tight. The Turds not getting called except the most brutal of penalties. They were holding like crazy, interfering like crazy all night and the refs held their flags.

That had me more frustrated than any other thing tonight.
                Look, there's a clear hierarchy in the league. Raiders and Steelers with their history are going to be the darlings, especially when matched up with dregs like the Chargers.

You need to win...consistently, and A LOT to change that narrative. Obviously it's a brutal cycle to break out of when the refs/league already hates you.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Because that's how it's going to feel pretty much every year as a Chargers fan.

Staley says not to worry:

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

This is starting to sound a lot like bull shit. The Spanos must be giddy reading it.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

I guess? It's the Chargers though.

Comment

• boldarblood
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        We have a franchise QB and franchise LT.

That's it.
                        Nah. That's just not true, your answer is emotionally driven, understandably completely. Please understand not trying to attack you, or anything of that nature. I understand and can appreciate the frustration. All of us more tenured-length fans get it. I just carry a different thought.

I would add Linsley, Bosa, Ekeler, KA13, DJ, White, Tranquil, Adderly, Feiler, MW, and a few others.

Today's starters become more tomorrow's backups or released with new starters. We have 2nd most cap space in the league. I set my expectations realistic this season. We were never going to be a serious challenge this year. Too many square pegs to Round Hole spots on the new scheme brought in. Staley and Herbert got to experience more. I still feel better about our chances today with Staley and Herbert since 2006. This coach is not Lynn, McCoy, Turner in my opinion.

Herbert is just a different breed of QB. I am truly humbled he's so poised - generational Talent. He's got that Ice in the Veins play you need to win the One Ring to Rule them All.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍