• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Too Much Near Success

There's too much "almost there, but not there" with this team. They always win 9 games, that's the best they do most of the time. They can't get over the hump. This is now the time to let the organization know what you think. We all deserve better than this.

The team always get in position to make the playoffs but end up in failure. When they do go to the playoffs, it's divisional round at best. They've been to the Super Bowl once in the franchise's history and 4 times have they been to the AFC Championship game. Last time was in the 2007 with Rivers at the helm. The team has been has been to many AFL league championships and won one of them. Both the lone Super Bowl appearance and AFL championship appearances are a spec of dust.

I'm tired of the mediocrity. I want to see a Chargers team that will do better than what they've done in the last 10 or so years. I'm not asking for a team that will win 3 SBs in a decade. I'm not asking the team to be like the storied franchise teams. I don't know about winning the SB, because that requires you to be there, which this team doesn't do. But at least going there will let people know you prevailed over all the other teams in the conference. Can we please have a team that goes to 1 Super Bowl in this present timeline? Making a Super Bowl appearance at least. For the love of God, can we see a team that doesn't have near success continually? And actually win gets that they need to win.

How much must we suffer all of this? Will the team get out of the cycle? When do things change?
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
    There's too much "almost there, but not there" with this team. They always win 9 games, that's the best they do most of the time. They can't get over the hump. This is now the time to let the organization know what you think. We all deserve better than this.

The team always get in position to make the playoffs but end up in failure. When they do go to the playoffs, it's divisional round at best. They've been to the Super Bowl once in the franchise's history and 4 times have they been to the AFC Championship game. Last time was in the 2007 with Rivers at the helm. The team has been has been to many AFL league championships and won one of them. Both the lone Super Bowl appearance and AFL championship appearances are a spec of dust.

I'm tired of the mediocrity. I want to see a Chargers team that will do better than what they've done in the last 10 or so years. I'm not asking for a team that will win 3 SBs in a decade. I'm not asking the team to be like the storied franchise teams. I don't know about winning the SB, because that requires you to be there, which this team doesn't do. But at least going there will let people know you prevailed over all the other teams in the conference. Can we please have a team that goes to 1 Super Bowl in this present timeline? Making a Super Bowl appearance at least. For the love of God, can we see a team that doesn't have near success continually? And actually win gets that they need to win.

How much must we suffer all of this? Will the team get out of the cycle? When do things change?
    On the bright side next year with the team we have we should see the Chargers all time record go over .500. Right now the team has the potential for playoffs and to get better to who knows?

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

In two years, we’re going to be really good. Just like every year.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlackMamba
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

I think it's painful in the moment because of the Chargers' history, especially the recent era with Rivers, LT/Gates, and Marty/Norv/Mccoy/Lynn. But we have to consider that this is a different group on their own timeline, with a rookie HC and 2nd year QB. We should've made the playoffs this year with the way things broke in the early/middle parts of the season, sure. That's a disappointment, and it hurts, but it's a short-term blip. I don't think the long-term development or path of this team was affected the least bit by this season - in fact, we should feel great given what Herbert's already developed into at 23, healthy seasons from Bosa/Derwin, Ekeler's emergence, MW finally breaking out, etc. The future is quite bright IMO. So yes, we ended up saying "next year will be different" as we always do, but this time there's reason to believe it...

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

As long as TT can do better in the offseason which means finish fixing HIS completely shit o line and build SOME kind of damn D line I see us trending up.If TT pulls the old 3rd rd headscratcher bullshit or tries to pretend to be smarter than every other GM and grab some lamed!ck instead of the obvious need and choice then we will continue to be as mediocre a team as he is a GM.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
            As long as TT can do better in the offseason which means finish fixing HIS completely shit o line and build SOME kind of damn D line I see us trending up.If TT pulls the old 3rd rd headscratcher bullshit or tries to pretend to be smarter than every other GM and grab some lamed!ck instead of the obvious need and choice then we will continue to be as mediocre a team as he is a GM.
            FUCK YES!! You nailed it, bro!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡