• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DallasEire View Post
    Anyone here believe it may be time to move on from #97?

He still has his moments and is consistently double and triple teamed but he seems far too quiet in big games.

I keep feeling like there might be one to two very good years left before he simply loses interest or takes another concussion.

Would the Jets be open to moving one of their three first round picks for #97? If I am Saleh - I would move one of those 1st's for a pro bowl caliber player.

If I am SD I would bet his time horizon is shortening significantly and I would take a shot at getting max value here.

With the part that is bolded that should ease your mind as you seem to be overthinking things. If that is true it just means the rest of the DL isn't getting the job done. So realizing that we need to make sure the players we have are stepping it up or finding other players that will. In short at this point no reason to get rid of Bosa.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      I think we made a mistake letting Perryman, Heyward and Ingram go.
      I couldn't agree with this more. Hopefully Telesco and Baby Spanos see this too and learn from it. This is why I say you hang onto to a player like Bosa, and also Mike Williams.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

I’m worried about Bosa’s desire and longevity after the comments be made this past season. He’s already contemplating walking away. He’s also being paid at the top of the league and is nowhere the impact player that guys like TJ and Maxx are for their teams. But we don’t need more holes on this team. We need to add talent.

I think we made a mistake letting Perryman, Heyward and Ingram go. Ingram was hurt a lot but brings intangibles to the defense. Perryman stayed healthy and was huge for the Raiders in a position that was a weak spot for us. And Casey is many times better than Harris.
        And of course they all end up on AFC West teams going to the playoffs. And you're so right about Harris. He needs to go yesterday.

Am I a fool for thinking TT and Staley will have a breakthrough off-season and get us into the playoffs next year? Sure seems like it. lol

Comment

• DennisR91
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

And of course they all end up on AFC West teams going to the playoffs. And you're so right about Harris. He needs to go yesterday.

Am I a fool for thinking TT and Staley will have a breakthrough off-season and get us into the playoffs next year? Sure seems like it. lol
          I agree
          too many needs how do u turn a league last defense into top 33% ddfense in one year

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

The future of Bosa.....dominating the NFL in bolts.
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
              :killme:
              That made me snort laugh!

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

I admit I was thinking the same as the original poster. If you knew you could get a Micah Parsons in the draft then sure, but more likely we wouldn’t get an equal value to what Bosa brings, and we’d be kicking ourselves that we let him go.His salary cap number is enormous though, that is another consideration.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I’m worried about Bosa’s desire and longevity after the comments be made this past season. He’s already contemplating walking away. He’s also being paid at the top of the league and is nowhere the impact player that guys like TJ and Maxx are for their teams. But we don’t need more holes on this team. We need to add talent.

I think we made a mistake letting Perryman, Heyward and Ingram go. Ingram was hurt a lot but brings intangibles to the defense. Perryman stayed healthy and was huge for the Raiders in a position that was a weak spot for us. And Casey is many times better than Harris.
                  Some players do better in a different environment. Other players just suck and deserve to be let go. You’ll go crazy playing the hindsight game. All those guys you mentioned contributed but their time here ran it’s course because of age, injuries, etc.

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post

I agree
                    too many needs how do u turn a league last defense into top 33% ddfense in one year
                    Same strategy you used last year to turn around the worst OL in the league. Defense just needs to be average and it’s an improvement if everything else stays the same.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Some players do better in a different environment. Other players just suck and deserve to be let go. You’ll go crazy playing the hindsight game. All those guys you mentioned contributed but their time here ran it’s course because of age, injuries, etc.
                      This year may be Haywards swan song as a high level guy. Perryman could get hurt at any moment and I agree with Ingram, we could have brought him back cheap as a rotational guy who would have helped a lot.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

This year may be Haywards swan song as a high level guy. Perryman could get hurt at any moment and I agree with Ingram, we could have brought him back cheap as a rotational guy who would have helped a lot.
                        I don’t know if Ingram could have helped us more than Uchenna. He looks decent now with Chris Jones as DT.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Heyward had much more in the tank than Chris Harris and Perryman was healthier than Murray or Tranquil this season. Ingram is just an intangible guy. He brings an element that only Derwin seemed to exhibit. We have a lot of quiet guys. We need some loud guys.

im still pissed about Adrian Phillips. Actually, I am pissed about Rodney Harrison who played his last season here with a bad hamstring was let go and flourished in NE for several seasons.

Comment

Working...
                          X