POLL: How Aggressive Will Telesco be in Free Agency This Offseason?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

POLL: How Aggressive Will Telesco be in Free Agency This Offseason?

For free agent signings this off-season will TT be a Cowardly Cowboy, a Raging Bull or a Bipolar Bum Steer? No matter how u slice it, I think TT is REALLY in the hot seat now! Hat tip to Powderblueboy for this poll idea!
    TT will be a Cowardly Cowboy, a few mediocre FA's, to save for Herbie and Derwin's next contract
    5.00%
    TT will be a Raging Bull, 2-3 splash signings for D-line, CB and RT, plus other solid signings
    55.00%
    TT will be a Bipolar Bum Steer, just 1 splash signing, an ok player,a few coupon clipping specials
    35.00%
    Other--see my answer
    5.00%
    Last edited by Topcat; 01-11-2022, 06:20 PM.
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

I voted other because I need to see what they do with Mike Williams. If they sign him to a long term deal - I think that will be a telling sign they are going to push some chips into the table

If they franchise him - it saves Dean a boatload of long term cash; it ties up a bunch of cap space (even more than last year) which helps Deans pocket book.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Oh boy, yet ANOTHER TT thread! Thank God, we didn't have enough of them. Maybe this one can be used to let everyone know how they feel about TT since the other 900 threads haven't done that yet.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

I voted Raging Bull. Am I insane?

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
          If TT didn't overhaul the o-line in one offseason I would say yes. The caveat will be what he does with MWill, James and Nwoso. If he can get them on decent deals I can see him being active with maybe one or two splash signings. Hopefully someone falls into his lap at 17 like James/Slater and they can become an immediate starter. Only time will tell, but I fully expect not everyone will be happy.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

If TT didn't overhaul the o-line in one offseason I would say yes. The caveat will be what he does with MWill, James and Nwoso. If he can get them on decent deals I can see him being active with maybe one or two splash signings. Hopefully someone falls into his lap at 17 like James/Slater and they can become an immediate starter. Only time will tell, but I fully expect not everyone will be happy.
            Does anyone think Derwin gets fed up and goes elsewhere? I could understand it. It's got to be real frustrating for a player of his talent to be on this defense.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

i chose bi-polar bum steer:

One semi-flash signing from another team.

I just can't see this leopard, and the front office, changing his spots

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                Hopeful!

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  I voted other because I need to see what they do with Mike Williams. If they sign him to a long term deal - I think that will be a telling sign they are going to push some chips into the table

If they franchise him - it saves Dean a boatload of long term cash; it ties up a bunch of cap space (even more than last year) which helps Deans pocket book.
                  how many years does KA have on his contract?..... if its 2 or less i could see extending MW to make sure we have at least one vet WR long term overlapping contracts.... while developing younger receivers.....?

Herbie still has 3 years of cheap money till he needs to be paid huge money.....

but signing MW also depends on who else is out there that we may want to sign more?..... there may be a ton of options at OL, DL, WR, CB, LB, TE, RB....etc

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Someone on TPB should post the over/under vote poll of how many polls Topcat aka pollcat will post this year. The current line is 6.5 polls posted by Topcat in 2022.
                    1 GM poll
                    1 HC poll
                    1 OC poll
                    1 DC poll
                    1 player poll
                    1.5 other random poll :cartman:
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      Someone on TPB should post the over/under vote poll of how many polls Topcat aka pollcat will post this year. The current line is 6.5 polls posted by Topcat in 2022.
                      1 GM poll
                      1 HC poll
                      1 OC poll
                      1 DC poll
                      1 player poll
                      1.5 other random poll :cartman:
                      Yes, Topcat is carrying the lions share of the load in ensuring that we are well canvassed.

Where are the others to pick up the slack?

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

how many years does KA have on his contract?..... if its 2 or less i could see extending MW to make sure we have at least one vet WR long term overlapping contracts.... while developing younger receivers.....?

Herbie still has 3 years of cheap money till he needs to be paid huge money.....

but signing MW also depends on who else is out there that we may want to sign more?..... there may be a ton of options at OL, DL, WR, CB, LB, TE, RB....etc
                        After next season they can outright release KA to save $15 million. They're on the books for him next season so they would have to trade him to someone who cares. So yeah, Franchising Williams is a possibility if they might want to do a long term contract.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡