• Show
Clear All
  • AL9000
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2022
    • San Diego, CA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

I don't get all of the Telesco bashing. (I don't get the Spanos bashing either, I mean what's the point?)
    Wasn't last off season pretty good with Telesco & Staley? Telesco's previous years he was married to poor coaches, doesn't that in part account for crummy W/L records and poor player acquisitions and development?
    The future is bright. Bolt up!
    oh I agree 100% the future is bright. Not trying to be a downer, but didn't Telesco also hire those poor coaches?! His track record isn't great so I think fans have every reason to pile on him a bit. If you don't get the Spanos bashing then I'll just assume you're not from San Diego and leave that one alone.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will probably be a glass half full guy until free agency - hopefully free agency and the draft will be like last year
      Come Labor Day be pumped but my bar is a little higher, Chargers to me need to be battling for the Division the last couple weeks and not the 7th seed.
      yeahp/agreed..... my bar was playoffs w/hopes for making the championship game.... this last season.

have long held out the belief that this next season would be our SB run.... that's the bar.... take me higher,
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

My Hank Bauer comment was just about his attitude. He knew his job and lane. Of course he isn’t the most gifted athlete, but his work ethic is what is needed for a special teams player. Bigger, Faster, Stronger… that’s a given.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

oh I agree 100% the future is bright. Not trying to be a downer, but didn't Telesco also hire those poor coaches?! His track record isn't great so I think fans have every reason to pile on him a bit. If you don't get the Spanos bashing then I'll just assume you're not from San Diego and leave that one alone.
          McCoy was hired within a week of Telesco, so I think it's fair to assume he didn't have a lot of say in process for that hire. His part in the Lynn hire is unknown.
          Even though I'm sitting here in Pacific Beach I don't buy the salty narrative, but almost all of our old tailgate buddies sadly did, but that's starting to change. Good.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I will probably be a glass half full guy until free agency - hopefully free agency and the draft will be like last year
            Come Labor Day be pumped but my bar is a little higher, Chargers to me need to be battling for the Division the last couple weeks and not the 7th seed.
            We actually were battling for the division lead not too far from the end of the season, we just lost.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

This thread is starting to devolve in repetitive posts of brave warriors expressing their undying personal skepticism and other brave warriors posting their optimistic hopeful position. I hope it gets back to posts about football and not about the bravery or the posters. I take it on faith that every single one if you is incredibly brave
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We actually were battling for the division lead not too far from the end of the season, we just lost.
                Once the Chargers lost to the Chiefs on that Thursday night, the divsision was done and it was on for a wild card. They lost to the Texans; had to have the Rams beat the Ravens and the Titans beat the Dolphins - so week 17 meant something

Next season, they need to be better and not just 10-7 with a win the last week - they need to improve

Comment

• HerbieParadigm
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2022
                  • Send PM

The operative word being “build” Telesco selected Herbert 2 years ago then a HC giving Herbert a seat at the table. They then began to ensure Herbert has time to operate & distribute the ball to playmakers. Continue this and ensure D players can get the ball and hand it back to Herbert. The playoff pathway to and win a SB goes thru Patty, Joey, & Josh. Get a RT to bookend Slater and anchor the O-line for the next 12 years, a playmaking FA TE like Gesicki, extend Williams (Herbert wants him!) & James, draft a TJ Watt dynamo at edge.

I now root for Chargers for #1 reason given Big Ben retirement. Having watched Steelers for 18 years, my largest Chargers concern is the cap hit from Bosa. When paying a D player > $80 M, they must be a game wrecker, Bosa is no TJ Watt.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by HerbieParadigm View Post
                    The operative word being “build” Telesco selected Herbert 2 years ago then a HC giving Herbert a seat at the table. They then began to ensure Herbert has time to operate & distribute the ball to playmakers. Continue this and ensure D players can get the ball and hand it back to Herbert. The playoff pathway to and win a SB goes thru Patty, Joey, & Josh. Get a RT to bookend Slater and anchor the O-line for the next 12 years, a playmaking FA TE like Gesicki, extend Williams (Herbert wants him!) & James, draft a TJ Watt dynamo at edge.

I now root for Chargers for #1 reason given Big Ben retirement. Having watched Steelers for 18 years, my largest Chargers concern is the cap hit from Bosa. When paying a D player > $80 M, they must be a game wrecker, Bosa is no TJ Watt.
                    Welcome to the Powder Blues.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Telesco needs to look at the Bengals and CArdinals for how to and how NOT to build a football team with a young QB on a rookie deal. Bengals did it perfectly in free agency (the trade for BJ HIll helped) . The Cardinals pushed a lot of chips on the table for Murray. Maybe less cap space used - but thats because the players were older and cheaper.

Tom - don't worry about signing a multitude of players in free agency - focus on one or two difference makers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Telesco needs to look at the Bengals and CArdinals for how to and how NOT to build a football team with a young QB on a rookie deal. Bengals did it perfectly in free agency (the trade for BJ HIll helped) . The Cardinals pushed a lot of chips on the table for Murray. Maybe less cap space used - but thats because the players were older and cheaper.

Tom - don't worry about signing a multitude of players in free agency - focus on one or two difference makers.
                        Or three.....possibly 4.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or three.....possibly 4.
                          I guess it all depends on what Telesco does with Mike Williams - it truly is the $19m question and really sets up the rest of free agency

Nwosu, Jones and White I think are all back

Comment

Working...
                          X