First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captaind
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
    Nope, I'm outta here.

Leave a comment:

• charger1_sj
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

That was not Chargering.
    No it wasn't.
    Red Zone allergy attack.
    Bring on next year.
    Everyone will learn and mature.
    LOL, they took Chargering to a different level. There was however bits and pieces of the old Chargering methods. 3rd and 1 foot to go, 95% chance of converting, except when you run an audible to a slow, small 3rd string slot receiver who is more or less clueless. Note to Staley: Bandi is not Deebo. Then there is the missed 40 yard field goal, very typical Chargering. Add bone head penalties at critical times and that completes the old Chargering methods. But wait there is more and this is where they take it to another level. 5 turnovers in our favor versus 0 for the other team. We won the turnover battle big time and we didn't turn the ball over. Yet we lost the game. This goes very much against the traditional football saying. This surpasses the Falcons 28-3 meltdown in the SB, because we were not facing Brady/Belichick. This was a 9-8 team that at one point had lost 5 in a row. Chargering to a higher level and a game that will go down in Charger lore as one of many to forget.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    What if they don't do anything and keep this shit coaching staff in place?Yall still gonna tune in?Serious question,just curious.
    Chargers have a pretty attractive schedule next year at home. I will have lots of opportunities to sell my tickets. I may turn it into a business. Like Spanos

Leave a comment:

• Lefty2SLO
    replied
    Doubt it

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boltinloudguy
    replied
    Since it sounds like they are keeping Staley around, there are only 2 things to do for him. Stop being so arrogant and get a PROVEN defensive mind to run the defense. And we all know the other one, get a PROVEN offensive mind in to run the offense. Now you can just focus on managing the game, because we all know that he has a hard time doing both.
    As far as defensive minds you have Brian Flores out there and Vic Fangio. Dump Hill ASAP and get after those coordinators. I am even good with giving Jay Rodgers a shot. I am still surprise Lombardi hasn’t been fired yet. So when he does get canned, go after Bill O’Brian, Frank Reich and I am even ok with going after Brian Johnson of the eagles.
    Next up get rid of your Oline and RB coaches. And get after Scott Peters of the Browns and try to go after Sherrone Moore as your assistant Oline coach. Now go after Michael Pitre from ATL as your RB coach and run game coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• SDBORN
    replied
    Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
    When was the last time Herbert threw a TD in second half? It’s sad
    Starting to remind me of when other Chargers coaches hit their peak with the Chargers - we had plenty of 3 point halves. Truly pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Florida fan
    replied
    When was the last time Herbert threw a TD in second half? It’s sad

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Interesting listen to Colin Cowherd with Sean Payton. Cowherd’s issue with the Chargers all along has been the team’s La k of identity. Who are the Chargers? He still doesn’t know and believes it cost them. Nothing that they could lean on as things went south. Payton hemmed and hawed. But basically said he didn’t understand how the Chargers defense lost connection in the second half and that you have to be able to control clock with that kind of lead
    "...control clock" that is running game. Jags are good at run defense.

Salyer's foot here. Pipkins knee all along. Zion's rookie growing pains. Linsley's issues. Slater.

We never had much continuity at Oline, so vital to Lombardi's timing offense. It started to click at times. And it showed the rest of the time.

Leave a comment:

• cmplxgal
    replied
    From Kyle Van Noy:

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Guyton went out in game 3
    TY. Driving and distracted.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock