First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lefty2SLO
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Chump change. Sadly he’ll probably get less holding calls because of this.
    Absolutely - he will NOT be given the benefit of the doubt, probably for the rest of his career, regardless as to whether he was correct or not - it was the way he handled it that they'll remember. Referees talk to each other too. Would have been nice if his coach had stepped in on his behalf before he had his hissy fit. You know - 'Joey - go sit down - I got this'.

But no . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• SAY OW 55
    replied
    It just goes to show you looking at the Chiefs today we could’ve beat them. And Mahomes goes down. We would’ve won. But you never know. I felt like it was our year this season. And Mahomes hurts his ankle. Who knows how he’s gonna look in the Conference Championship. You never know any given game. Any play.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As I understand it, Wolf was the one who came up with McCoy and Dean followed his advice, Dean let John and Telesco pick Lynn and when that didn’t work out, he led the search that ended up with Staley.
    Thats the public story I recall.

I’ll never forget a game that we needed a FG to win and McCoy was afraid to look and covered his eyes/turned away. That was near the end of McCoy.

Dean did the search selection for Staley? I’m surprised he still gets that involved in employees and players.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Look at the records of the Chiefs and Chargers since Andy went to KC and Telesco went to the Chargers. The Chiefs are better
    look at the sTeelers with TOmlin - never a season under .500
    look at the RAvens with Newsome to DeCosta with harbaugh
    I don't want to comapre Telesco to Steve Keim as Steve Keim is not good.
    Hell the combo in Seattle of John Scheider and Pete Carroll - pretty damn good

Telesco doesn't deserve a pass -he is part of the problem. His drafting in rounds 3-5 is pathetic,
    He has traded up four times- do not recall trying to get more picks by trading back - and those four trades ups - not very good. Te'O, Attauocho, Gordon and Murray

This isn't about a bust pick here, a bust pick there. It’s about the record - thats all that matters. Look at the record. It’s has below average.
    Tomlin has had a great career but an honest evaluation would admit the Steelers have been second tier for a long time. Seems like a decade, not sure the exact #years. Good, slightly above .500, but not close to competing for best in league. It’s not been him so much as Steeler personnel has not been as good.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As I understand it, Wolf was the one who came up with McCoy and Dean followed his advice, Dean let John and Telesco pick Lynn and when that didn’t work out, he led the search that ended up with Staley.
    So Telesco really hasn't got to pick a HC on his own.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Are you certain JohnBoy didnt pick those HCs? Rumor is JB llked Lynn and they hired a consultant when they hired McCoy. I dont blame either of those guys on Telesco.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

All I do is look at his record
    three head coaches
    three playoffs - all wild card
    zero divisions
    under .500 overall

Its not about picking a bad pick here or there - its about the entire body of work. And its below average. When they fired Lynn, that was the right time to fire Telesco

That said - he has a draft coming up and I hope he hits it out of the park and does such a good job this year - he gets extended after the 2023 season. I hope he builds a roster that wins the AFCW. I want the guy to succeed
    Are you certain JohnBoy didnt pick those HCs? Rumor is JB llked Lynn and they hired a consultant when they hired McCoy. I dont blame either of those guys on Telesco.

Leave a comment:

• CivilBolt
    replied
    Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Chump change. Sadly he’ll probably get less holding calls because of this.

Leave a comment:

• Lefty2SLO
    replied

Look at the records of the Chiefs and Chargers since Andy went to KC and Telesco went to the Chargers. The Chiefs are better

Telesco doesn't deserve a pass -he is part of the problem. His drafting in rounds 3-5 is pathetic,
    He has traded up four times- do not recall trying to get more picks by trading back - and those four trades ups - not very good. Te'O, Attauocho, Gordon and Murray

This isn't about a bust pick here, a bust pick there. Its about the record - thats all that matters. Look at the record. Its below average.
    You know the record is not ALL on TT. Be careful what you wish for, he's been a B- to C+ GM. That's better than 1/2 the league. With the way Ownership handles business frankly I'm scared to give them the opportunity to replace him with someone worse . . . . which I'm sure they would. Better the devil you know . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

But the thing is putting yourself/team in that situation has a feel of desperation. That reverberates throughout the locker room for one and for 2 the other side of the trade they know your are desperate. They are the ones that set the terms of a trade and it will not favor the team needing a trade. All Trades are usually not cap friendly. The ONLY reason why we had FA party last offseason is we had the Cap space due to not making trades.

Anyone that thinks TT misses on picks please post them here, then post a comparison to other teams hit or miss ratio. Every GM has busts. That is just the way the NFL is. We are hyper-focused on our own GM but do these TT hating fans really take a look at the comparables between GM's?

This isn't about a bust pick here, a bust pick there. Its about the record - thats all that matters. Look at the record. Its below average.

Leave a comment:

• cmplxgal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, but this place thinks only TT misses on picks.

55% of first round picks are busts!

I don't mind Telescopes drafting, it's his no trades and not being good at getting extra picks I don't like.

I'm not one of those to sign every player that gets cut like some on here but I do think there's one or two that can help us when we are depleted at WR.

Make a trade for a low pick or something.
    But the thing is putting yourself/team in that situation has a feel of desperation. That reverberates throughout the locker room for one and for 2 the other side of the trade they know your are desperate. They are the ones that set the terms of a trade and it will not favor the team needing a trade. All Trades are usually not cap friendly. The ONLY reason why we had FA party last offseason is we had the Cap space due to not making trades.

Anyone that thinks TT misses on picks please post them here, then post a comparison to other teams hit or miss ratio. Every GM has busts. That is just the way the NFL is. We are hyper-focused on our own GM but do these TT hating fans really take a look at the comparables between GM's?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X