First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Here's the flaw with your assessment. YOU CAN'T FIX EVERYTHING in 1 off season.

You call out TT but he had the biggest FA offseason in Chargers history. That is the very reason why we are not in a good cap space situation currently.

JC Jackson. #1 FA on everyone's board. Everyone here raved about the pickup. Huge money for (at the time) arguably the best FA on the market. Was it TT's fault that he completely sucked and eventually injured? Not in my book because as expected we were looking for a shutdown corner.

Khalil Mack. Best FA pickup in a long time. Except he's a defensive player that was sorely needed. Again defense pickup where we were needing edge over offense speed.

Christian Covington. We picked up CC's contract again with a D signing.

Austin Johnson. Another FA addition to the D. Line.

Sebastian Joseph-Day. D Line again addressed.

Do you see what I am getting at? EVERYONE demanded we address the bad defense we had. When going that hard at fixing a soft D you can't afford make a run at offense FA's at the same time it is capually impossible.

If this were the case I would be right along with you. You will see another D heavy draft and FA. You will also see some speed additions through the draft and/or FA.

Then looking at the Draft we drafted Zion which I was fine with. But your logic would have us taking a WR over Zion. Is that still something you would want?

Available WR's at our 18 pick would have been.

Treylon Burks
    Christian Watson
    John Metchie,
    Tyquan Thornton
    George Pickens
    Skyy Moore
    Velus Jones Jr
    Jalen Tolbert,
    Alec Pierce
    etc etc

Do any of these WR's warrant a pick over Zion? Not hindsight.... At the time of the draft we are picking 18 and all the top WR's are gone. I wanted Garrett Wilson so bad I was just hoping he would fall to 18 because of his knee injury,. But nope.

Sorry to go off but I am not going to use hindsight woulda, coulda, shoulda logic here. We did all we could last offseason. I would give TT an A+ on last offseason.

no one says you can but you can do a hell of a lot better than TT does....

Chiefs rebuilt entire OL in ONE off season and added speed at RB, WR, and upgrades on defense......

49ers did similar......

teams with great GM's, coaches and ownership can do amazing things..... bad ones like Chargers do not.....

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Now that Lombo is out, maybe he will be able to use it more. No more dink and dunk.
    the thing that scares me, is Staley has been working with Lombardi for 2 years...... it was obvious that we needed more speed after last season, but the past off season was spent cutting speed and dumbing down the offense to a super slow, ball control, time killing, boring predictable offense that has a hard time scoring 20+ points on really bad teams......

Staley was and is in charge, if he wanted to be more aggressive he would have made that happen no matter who the OC is..... he is in charge. same is true of player usage, like stupidly playing Herbert, Ekler, MW, and KA in a meaningless game is on Staley and NO ONE ELSE.......

TT added zero speed in off season and none during season when we had so many injuries..... obviously he and Staley did not want to make this an aggressive high scoring team.....TEAM needs at least 2 speed merchant WR's and adding an EXPLOSIVE RB would help lighten the load on Ekler too....

I'm truely no sure what kind of team or offense Staley wants????..... he should be honest and tell us what he wants to build here..and not tell us he likes the way the team is expressing itself???...... the conservative clock wasting offense has made our defensive stats much better then they would be otherwise, especially if we played a tougher schedule..... Im not sure Ive ever seen chargers playing worse teams or worse QB's than we played this year......and Ive been a fan over 50 years.....

Leave a comment:

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Seems like every year, teams find guys like Tyrell. But TT seems extremely averse to speed lately. No RB's, WR's or TE's that can flat move!
    We have a QB who has an absolute HOWITZER attached to his right shoulder. Let him use it!
    Here's the flaw with your assessment. YOU CAN'T FIX EVERYTHING in 1 off season.

You call out TT but he had the biggest FA offseason in Chargers history. That is the very reason why we are not in a good cap space situation currently.

JC Jackson. #1 FA on everyone's board. Everyone here raved about the pickup. Huge money for (at the time) arguably the best FA on the market. Was it TT's fault that he completely sucked and eventually injured? Not in my book because as expected we were looking for a shutdown corner.

Khalil Mack. Best FA pickup in a long time. Except he's a defensive player that was sorely needed. Again defense pickup where we were needing edge over offense speed.

Christian Covington. We picked up CC's contract again with a D signing.

Austin Johnson. Another FA addition to the D. Line.

Sebastian Joseph-Day. D Line again addressed.

Do you see what I am getting at? EVERYONE demanded we address the bad defense we had. When going that hard at fixing a soft D you can't afford make a run at offense FA's at the same time it is capually impossible.

If this were the case I would be right along with you. You will see another D heavy draft and FA. You will also see some speed additions through the draft and/or FA.

Then looking at the Draft we drafted Zion which I was fine with. But your logic would have us taking a WR over Zion. Is that still something you would want?

Available WR's at our 18 pick would have been.

Treylon Burks
    Christian Watson
    John Metchie,
    Tyquan Thornton
    George Pickens
    Skyy Moore
    Velus Jones Jr
    Jalen Tolbert,
    Alec Pierce
    etc etc

Do any of these WR's warrant a pick over Zion? Not hindsight.... At the time of the draft we are picking 18 and all the top WR's are gone. I wanted Garrett Wilson so bad I was just hoping he would fall to 18 because of his knee injury,. But nope.

Sorry to go off but I am not going to use hindsight woulda, coulda, shoulda logic here. We did all we could last offseason. I would give TT an A+ on last offseason.

Leave a comment:

• CivilBolt
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Seems like every year, teams find guys like Tyrell. But TT seems extremely averse to speed lately. No RB's, WR's or TE's that can flat move!
    We have a QB who has an absolute HOWITZER attached to his right shoulder. Let him use it!
    Now that Lombo is out, maybe he will be able to use it more. No more dink and dunk.

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Find us a Tyrell Williams !

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

:ml:Genius! Package deal, and Im in...
    Find us a Tyrell Williams !

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Like us, the issue was the QB-coaching working relationships as well as personnel.

It would take a deep dive with much specificity about running backs and their skill sets to explain. It all even involves James Robinson, LB !
    :ml:Genius! Package deal, and Im in...

Leave a comment:

• Riverwalk
    replied
    Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

WTF? Imagine having someone like that here. Foregoing an HC opportunity to stay as OC because he feels they're "building something special".
    I thought the Lions story was one of the best of the season.

The resurrection and success of Jared Goff was great karma while Stafford and McVay went down the tubes.

I’d like to see Goff have the last laugh after McVay threw him to the curb.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

LaFleur took the fall for Zach Wilson and the RB getting hurt. I would prefer him to Hackett thats is for sure
    I don't think he took the fall for Wilson getting hurt, it was because he never developed. Not that with a guy like that it would ever be an easy task...

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

All about LaFleur....young, bright, flexible offensive mind...the Jets were fools for firing him, when the issue was obviously personnel...
    LaFleur took the fall for Zach Wilson and the RB getting hurt. I would prefer him to Hackett thats is for sure

Leave a comment:

• Florida fan
    replied
    If they don’t find the Reich Guy to help Herbert this will turn into a disaster when his rookie contract is up. I have heard many say this is Herbert dream job….but when he comes to his senses and sees continued coaching changes and no path to PLayoffs he will be in demand by a great organization.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Wilhoite fired … didn’t think it warranted its own thread but feel free to have at it. I am just glad Staley figured out why his defense sucked so quickly - nice work, Brandon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍