Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

2022 Official Chargers Season Discussion

271447803_326877655973347_371700984604514741_n.jpeg

Here it is TPB. Time to discuss the upcoming season. Im still not over the loss to the Raiders. Just so many head scratcher calls...penalties and heartbreak. Im still miffed on going for it within our own 20 on 4th. lol I guess i still just dont get the analytics thing in that regard. But i wont go into the sky is falling mode on Staley.

Im assuming this was an eval year on players. See who fits and who doesnt. You would hope to see that in camp etc. But i get it. I have to think with so much roster regen this particular year(2022) that it was always sort of in the cards to play out 2021 with the current roster. Lots of these players were drafted for other schemes etc. Im using that excuse to make me feel better. Some players just flat out look like crap. And have never really matured. And i dont want to think that Staley is part of that. Or his staff. Its takes time. Lets see what moves we make this offseason and im expecting better fits.

May even need to trade a player or 2 to teams that can be better fits for guys. Maybe Murray? Hoping we bring back Mike and Oday. Get after the D in free agency and the draft. Shore up the OL. McKitty was showing a little late. Cook probably comes back. A pounding hellion to spell Ekeler and a monster RT would also be nice.

My thoughts are likely going to be spent on the D though. And while i know Staley and Hill are bros...im all for bringing in Fangio. But my guess is that the staley loves his staff and wont think anyone needs upgraded. But my concern is maybe he isnt investing enough time on his own D? Maybe the ST's and Offense have taken him off target a little bit? Is Hill the right answer? I dont know. I go back to my initial statement regarding the current roster.

Telesco imo has had a huge amount of time to create a playoff team and has been once. And while he has had some great players fall in his lap....you can also make the case for multiple bad picks and building rosters lacking in solid enough depth to overcome the injuries we always have.

9 wins. And we finished as the healthiest team in the league imo. With a roster not full of Staleys guys. Especially on D. So im going to remain as positive as i can and be patient.

Sorry it turned out the way it did to end the season...but its time to forward think. Lets rally around one another and try and lift each other up after such a heartbreaking ending. No need to degrade and attack one another. Emotions are high right now...but like CBs left on an island that get torched...we have to move on to the next play.

Mahalo and as always BOLT THE F UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

It is early but since I’m a 10 month a year armchair GM/Scout it’s time. My 2 months off is over. Lol
    Would be great to get more and more member input as we play out the season.

I will update my plan after every quarter of the season (last quarter will be 5 games instead of 4).
    Please try to give as much detail as possible with your plan, prospect analysis, UFA reasoning, etc.
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 10-05-2021, 12:55 PM.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
      beachcomber commented
      Editing a comment
      don't have a good feeling about things going into this offseason, and am beginning to fear that some fairly severe outcomes might be on the horizon if things remain in the direction they are.... ??

was feeling pretty certain that this last season would be a playoff season, and that we might even make the championship game, and that this next season would be a veritable SB run.

my suspicion now is that things could go south and w/the swiftness, and that this team might get as few as six wins next season.....

have thought about starting a "Dear John" thread, as think things land squarely on his to do list, and.... doubt he gives a flying fish about the most of 'em.

first up, and first thing he needs to get after, and coulda, woulda, shoulda done it already, is.... promote his pal Tom.... to VP of Director of Football Ops.

that recent video/presser w/Tom, was not a good look.... it's not year One, it's year nine, and nine is the number of completion.... year 10 is a new start/year, and we need a new GM.

Jeremiah is my guy and feel free to fill in the blank w/your GM of choice, and.... DJ brings a dual benefit, in that not only is a personnel guy w/draft chops, but he can well handle the PR responsibilities as well, of which were some of Telesco's greatest gifts/strengths.

another thing that cannot happen going into this offseason, is we have to stop having our HC make the personnel decisions.... it's not a good look/idea, and it has derailed many a good/great franchise.... there needs to be separation between church and state.... we need to have a GM w/some personnel acuity, that doesn't "generally" defer to his HC when making important/first round decisions and the such.

if anyone is leaning toward resigning MW it's Telesco.... tagging him is a mistake, and resigning him to what is usually an overpay by our FO is a mistake.... we need to let him test the market in FA, and if we can't sign him to a good value contract, which is not much, if any more than $10m, then.... life moves on, and.... that does not mean we are indebted to drafting a first round wideout, as we have a guy named Keenan Allen, and have already drafted Palmer, who did just fine for a rookie, and can be expected to increase his production, 'specially if he gets more targets.... we can get a WR in FA as well.

we also absolutely cannot have Austin Ekeler as a one man show back there.... there was no excuse last season, and is there is no excuse this offseason, not to have another top level back, back there.

we also cannot put ourselves in the position where we have to depend on the health of Trai Turner, Bulaga and now Linsley w/his back.... if you take a chance on a vet like that, you have to have a hedge in house.... Scho was an eleventh hour remedy, and Storm/Pips was evident in that we were dealt w/the short end of the straw when it came to the wildcard.

Tillery and Murray have to be hedged as well.... we also have no hedge/depth behind Cook nor Linval, and we are forced to reinforce there as well.

and like MW, isn't TT gonna be first in line for singing the praises of Nwosu.... that's a no go.... he's not someone you want to count on as your starter.... if he develops fine, but as of right now, he has not shown he is what we need opposite Bosa.... look @the playoff teams and the rush that some of them are getting from their front four/five.... we are a shell of those Dlines.

who is the leader of our defense.... who is our MLB/Mike ?? who let Denzel, Casey Hayward, and other valuable contributors go ?? sorry but Drue Tranquil is not your/a starting ILB, not to mention his health concerns.... ps. injuries and being prepared for them are part of the GM job description.... live by the sword, die by the sword.

there are other critical concerns as well, albeit I have (obviously) yet to properly sit w/things, and.... my apologies to the some of you for my rant, and believe it or not.... I do like Tom Telesco, and hence my suggestion to keep him within the Org.

ps. and know am gonna get p'shawed for this, but really think we need to bring Joe Brady in as well.... before N'awlins takes care of that.

• Boltnut
      Boltnut commented
      Editing a comment
      Our offense is already pretty damn good (Top-10). Fix that one roster spot (RT) on offense and add some depth at TE, RB, and WR.

Rebuild that IDL through free agency, re-sign the ones that fit Staley's D, and complete Staley's D through the draft.
      Spend wisely in free agency. There are some good players that will not break the bank.

NT Sebastian Joseph-Day
      NT Austin Johnson
      DT Harrison Phillips
      OLB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
      ILB Kenny Young

These are players that either have ties to Staley (Joseph-Day, Young, Okoronkwo) or do things that Staley needs done on defense... setting the edge, playing assignments, tying up OL blockers (Johnson, Phillips).

Let's remember that we were on the cusp of being a playoff team... and were probably better than some of the teams that made the playoffs (Pittsburgh and Las Vegas).
      Last edited by Boltnut; 01-29-2022, 08:52 AM.

• Boltnut
      Boltnut commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/ro...e20cf60ec55ba/
      $21 million under the cap. 43 players signed. 11 draft picks.

QB: Herbert, Stick
      RB: Ekeler, Jackson, Kelly, Cam'Ron Harris
      WR: Allen, Williams, Palmer, Guyton, Eric Ezukanma
      TE: McKitty, Parham, Grant Calcaterra
      TE/FB: Anderson
      OT: Slater, Abraham Lucas, Pipkins
      OG: Feiler, Aboushi, Jaimes
      OC: Linsley, Q-Berry

NT: Joseph-Day, Johnson
      DT: Jones, Tillery, Phillips, Gaziano
      OLB: Bosa, Nwosu, Sam Williams, Rumph, Okoronkwo
      ILB: Murray, Tranquil, Young, Channing Tindall, Niemann
      CB: Davis, ASJ, Trent McDuffie, Chase Lucas, D'Jordan Strong, Hall
      S: James, Adderly, Bryan Cook, Gilman, Webb

Niemann, Hall, Gaziano, and Webb fight for the last 2 roster spots.
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

2022 CHARGERS ROSTER PLAN

TEAM IMPROVEMENT GOALS

1A. Protect JH10 as he’s the chosen one
    1. Create deep competition for starter, roster, and practice squad spots.
    2. Retain high performing, ascending home developed talent.
    3. Target and acquire specific UFA for physicality, culture, IQ, playmaking, and competition.
    4. Improve our physicality and ability to win 1v1 at the LOS.
    5. Get faster physically and mentally.

IN HOUSE MOVES
    • RETENTIONS -
    • MIKE WILLIAMS (WR), KYZIR WHITE (ILB), JUSTIN JONES (IDL)
    • ODAY ABOUSHI (IOL), JALEN GUYTON (WR), SCOTT QUESSENBERRY (IOL)
    • KYLER FACKRELL (EDGE), DONALD PARHAM (TE), TRISTAN VISCAINO (PK)
    • STORM NORTON (OT) - if his play this season warrants

- EXTENSIONS -
    - DERWIN JAMES (DW)

- NOT RETAINED / CUT -
    - CHRIS HARRIS JR (DB), JUSTIN JACKSON (RB), JARED COOK (TE)
    - LINVAL JOSEPH (IDL), CHRISTIAN COVINGTON (IDL)
    - BRYAN BULAGA (OT) = $11.25 CAP SAVING

FREE AGENCY TARGETS - * projected FA signee
    - *BJ HILL (IDL), HARRISON PHILLIPS (IDL), T. BRYAN (IDL)
    - CARLTON DAVIS (PCB), MIKE HUGHES (DB), JC JACKSON (DB), *FABIAN MOREAU (DB)
    - *OJ HOWARD (TE), JESSE JAMES (TE)

PROJECTED DRAFT TARGETS - (using the projected extra 4 COMP Picks)

1. AIDAN HUTCHINSON (EDGE/IPR) UMI (SR) - 6’6’’ / 265#
    -impressive athlete, ideal physical traits/motor/technique/IQ, great first 2-steps, full quiver in his PR Arsenal, hand usage is stellar, stout EDGE setter/physical run support, finishes

2. TREVOR PENNING (OT) UNI (RSR) - 6’7” / 329# / A=34 7/8” / H=10 1/8”
    -massive physical monster, ideal traits/measurables/motor/attitude, NASTY FINISHER, IHOP server, fluid movement skills, technicall sound footwork in both phases, stout lockout anchor, King Kong grip strength, knee bender that controls arc angles, need to see him at post season all-star game to finish evaluation

3. JOHN RIDGEWAY (IDL) UAR (RSR) - 6’5” / 325#
    -big, physical, country strong, dominate run defender, shows impressive potential as IPR, multiple weapons in his PR Arsenal, pocket destroyer, excellent lateral agility/hip flexibility, relentless, played at ILST previously

4. D’VONTE PRICE (RB) FIU (RSR) - 6’1’’ / 215#
    -big physical runner with breakaway speed, outstanding vision, dime cutter, good contact balance, physical in passpro, late bloomer, shot put stiff arm, solid hands with limited opportunities

5. ZYON MCCOLLUM (DB) SHSU (RSR) - 6’4” / 200#
    -incredible athlete, big, long, fast, physical tackler/BIG hitter, loose hips/ankles in transition, click/plant from peddle, HIGH IQ, understands route concepts, PLAYMAKER, turnover machine, need to see him in a post-season all-star game to finish evaluation

6A. SAM WILLIAMS (EDGE) UMS (RSR) - 6’4’’ / 260#
    -JUCO kid that has worked himself into a producer, monster athletic profile, good EDGE setter, relentless in pursuit, limited PR Arsenal but ascending, good in zone drops/coverage

6B. LUCAS KRULL (TE) PITT (RSR) - 6’6’’ / 260#
    -under utilized @FSU previously, dynamic athletic profile, seem splitter, physical @CP/RAC, Redzone weapon, mashes defenders @POA in run game, very strong hands

6C. JAYDEN PEEVY (IDL) TAMU (RSR) - 6’6’’ / 315#
    -physical interior prospect, adequate movement skills, big motor, limited passrusher, dominates doubles, length to stack/push/shed, wide base, finishes tackle opportunities, looks plays heavier than listed weight

6D. JD SPIELMAN (WR/PR/KR) TCU (RSR) - 5’9’’ / 180#
    -Nebraska transfer, utility weapon as WR/RS, NFL family bloodlines, incredibly elusive, stop/start/juke prospect, limited route tree, excellent screen weapon, value will be as primary RS and gadget player

7A. ALONTAE TAYLOR (DB) UTN (SR) - 6’1’’ / 196#
    -tremendous athletic profile, inconsistent play but has improved year over year, great ballskills, big upside but gamble on his athletic traits late, staff will have insight with our contacts/history at UTN.

7B. BERNHARD RAIMANN (OT) CMU (SR) - 6’7’’ / 310#
    -HS foreign exchange student that excelled at football, former TE, easy mover with physicality, length/feet work in unison, raw but technique is advanced for only 3 years playing OT, clunk in kickslide but easily correctable, excellent grip strength, efficient as a quick setter

PROJECTED 53 - MAN ROSTER & STARTING LINEUPS -

OFFENSE (25) -

QB = J. HERBERT, E. STICK
    RB = A. EKELER, L. ROUNTREE, D. PRICE (R)
    FB = G. NABORS
    WR = K. ALLEN, M. WILLIAMS, J. GUYTON, J. PALMER, J. REED, JD SPIELMAN (R)
    TE = D. PARHAM, OJ HOWARD, T. MCKITTY, L. KRULL (R)
    OL = R. SLATER, M. FEILER, C. LINSLEY, O. ABOUSHI, T. PENNING (R)
    S. QUESSENBERRY, B. JAIMES, B. RAIMANN (R), S. NORTON

WILLIAMS - SLATER - FEILER - LINSLEY - ABOUSHI - PENNING - PARHAM - ALLEN

- - - - - - - - - - - - - EKELER —— HERBERT —— GUYTON

DEFENSE (25) -

DL = BJ HILL, J. JONES, J. RIDGEWAY (R), J. TILLERY, J. PEEVY (R)
    EDGE = J. BOSA, A. HUTCHINSON (R), K. FACKRELL, C. RUMPH, S. WILLIAMS (R)
    ILB = K. MURRAY, K. WHITE, D. TRANQUILL, N. NIEMANN, AMEN O.
    CB = A. SAMUEL, M. DAVIS, T. CAMPBELL, F. MOREAU, Z. MCCOLLUM (R)
    DS = D. JAMES, N. ADDERLEY, A. GILMAN, M. WEBB, A. TAYLOR (R)

BOSA - JONES - RIDGEWAY - HILL - HUTCHINSON

- - - - - - - - - MURRAY - WHITE

SAMUEL - JAMES - ADDERLEY - (NB - CAMPBELL) - DAVIS
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 10-05-2021, 01:05 PM.

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Tremendous work.

I’m still in the phase of determining who’s getting extended vs. let go.

I think I’d like to keep Covington in the rotation, but we’ll see how it goes. Does Linval have another year? Cook?? Probably not. But, def. bye bye Bulaga, CHJ, and JJ.

That 1-2-3 draft would be ideal. And it’s looking more and more like Campbell might earn that NB spot, which would give us some more heavy hits to fix the trenches through the draft, which in all about.

Adding a R4 RB would be a luxury, but with that NB shored up we can afford it.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        Tremendous work.

I’m still in the phase of determining who’s getting extended vs. let go.

I think I’d like to keep Covington in the rotation, but we’ll see how it goes. Does Linval have another year? Cook?? Probably not. But, def. bye bye Bulaga, CHJ, and JJ.

That 1-2-3 draft would be ideal. And it’s looking more and more like Campbell might earn that NB spot, which would give us some more heavy hits to fix the trenches through the draft, which in all about.

Adding a R4 RB would be a luxury, but with that NB shored up we can afford it.
        I’ll be looking at UFA RS/WR moving forward.
        I’m looking to get younger, quicker, and more physical so Linval, Bulaga, CHJ, and Cook (he maybe the exception).

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Definitely like Aidan ninja.
          He plays with intensity.
          What a bookend he would be with Joey.
          Dominate.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Roster builds start with the FA's list. These would be my choices:

Re-signs:
            WR Mike Williams. I've changed my mind on MW. He's very good in Lombardi's system.
            RG Oday Aboushi. So nice to have a reliable, versatile OG.
            OLB Kyler Fackrell. He's having a very good year. Versatile.
            DT Christian Covington. Nice pick up. Does what Staley asks of him.
            DT Justin Jones. As long as he doesn't ask for too much.
            DL Joe Gaziano. ERFA.
            OT Storm Norton. Depth swing tackle. RFA.
            TE Donald Parham. ERFA
            FB Gabe Nabors. ERFA.
            CB Kemon Hall. ERFA.
            K Tristan Vizcaino. ERFA.
            CB Tevaughn Campbell. RFA. Playing a lot of slot when CHJ is out.
            WR Jaylen Guyton. RFA. Depth. Familiar with Herbert/Lombardi.
            P Ty Long. Because every team must carry a punter.

Let them walk/cut:
            NT Linval Joeseph. He's been good this year. This is an age/cost thing.
            CB Chris Harris. Another age/cost thing.
            TE Jared Cook. Age/cost.
            RB Justin Jackson. Just too fragile.
            RT Bryan Bulaga. Health reasons. Save $10.75 million against the cap.

Undecided:
            CB Ryan Smith.
            OLB Uchenna Nwosu.
            QB Chase Daniel.
            TE Stephen Anderson.
            LB Kyzir White.
            C Scott Quessenberry.

It's actually a very lengthy list...

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              Roster builds start with the FA's list. These would be my choices:

Re-signs:
              WR Mike Williams. I've changed my mind on MW. He's very good in Lombardi's system.
              RG Oday Aboushi. So nice to have a reliable, versatile OG.
              OLB Kyler Fackrell. He's having a very good year. Versatile.
              DT Christian Covington. Nice pick up. Does what Staley asks of him.
              DT Justin Jones. As long as he doesn't ask for too much.
              DL Joe Gaziano. ERFA.
              OT Storm Norton. Depth swing tackle. RFA.
              TE Donald Parham. ERFA
              FB Gabe Nabors. ERFA.
              CB Kemon Hall. ERFA.
              K Tristan Vizcaino. ERFA.
              CB Tevaughn Campbell. RFA. Playing a lot of slot when CHJ is out.
              WR Jaylen Guyton. RFA. Depth. Familiar with Herbert/Lombardi.
              P Ty Long. Because every team must carry a punter.

Let them walk/cut:
              NT Linval Joeseph. He's been good this year. This is an age/cost thing.
              CB Chris Harris. Another age/cost thing.
              TE Jared Cook. Age/cost.
              RB Justin Jackson. Just too fragile.
              RT Bryan Bulaga. Health reasons. Save $10.75 million against the cap.

Undecided:
              CB Ryan Smith.
              OLB Uchenna Nwosu.
              QB Chase Daniel.
              TE Stephen Anderson.
              LB Kyzir White.
              C Scott Quessenberry.

It's actually a very lengthy list...
              We mostly agree on in house retentions.
              Unless long term injury concern ERFA/RFA should be kept for depth/competition as the cost is plus value.

I think by season’s end a few, like Parham/Campbell, will have earned low end multi year contracts.

If we do keep 10/11 of our projected draft picks, I can see us using a late pick on a PT.
              Long was voted a captain but his time from catch to kick is concerning.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I conducted my 1st mock draft (using On The Clock). I haven't put in as much time as you guys; but I'm interested to see what you guys feel about these players as fits for our schemes.

1st: IOL Tyler Linderbaum. Great movement skills for the ZB system. I would put him at LG and move Feiler to RT.
                2nd: LB Devin LLoyd. Replaces Uchenna. Good in coverage and can pass rush. Reminds me of Justin Hollins skillset (Rams).
                3rd: CB Mykael Wright. Depth at CB as CHJ moves on. Good KR/PR.
                4th: RB Raheem Blackshear. Replaces JJ. Has a lot of the same skills as EKE. There are a number of other good RB's in this 4th round as well... Master Teague, Kennedy Brooks, Cam'Ron Harris, Ronnie Rivers...
                5th: DL Demetrius Taylor.
                6th: WR Britain Covey.
                6th: EDGE Isaiah Johnson.
                6th: TE James Mitchell.

The rest of the draft is just depth...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  I conducted my 1st mock draft (using On The Clock). I haven't put in as much time as you guys; but I'm interested to see what you guys feel about these players as fits for our schemes.

1st: IOL Tyler Linderbaum. Great movement skills for the ZB system. I would put him at LG and move Feiler to RT.
                  2nd: LB Devin LLoyd. Replaces Uchenna. Good in coverage and can pass rush. Reminds me of Justin Hollins skillset (Rams).
                  3rd: CB Mykael Wright. Depth at CB as CHJ moves on. Good KR/PR.
                  4th: RB Raheem Blackshear. Replaces JJ. Has a lot of the same skills as EKE. There are a number of other good RB's in this 4th round as well... Master Teague, Kennedy Brooks, Cam'Ron Harris, Ronnie Rivers...
                  5th: DL Demetrius Taylor.
                  6th: WR Britain Covey.
                  6th: EDGE Isaiah Johnson.
                  6th: TE James Mitchell.

The rest of the draft is just depth...
                  I like Linderbaum a lot and think he’s easily the best center in the draft. Haven’t heard too much about his versatility and whether or not he can play guard. He’d also be an ideal replacement for Linsley when the time comes.

For me, I’d like to see Feiler stay put and find a permanent solution at RT. Tackles are not easy to come by in FA and they cost an arm and a leg, whereas guards can be found in surplus, and for cheap. An all-pro guard is almost half the price of an all-pro tackle.

Having a QB and both OTs on rookie deals is too good to pass up.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I like Linderbaum a lot and think he’s easily the best center in the draft. Haven’t heard too much about his versatility and whether or not he can play guard. He’d also be an ideal replacement for Linsley when the time comes.

For me, I’d like to see Feiler stay put and find a permanent solution at RT. Tackles are not easy to come by in FA and they cost an arm and a leg, whereas guards can be found in surplus, and for cheap. An all-pro guard is almost half the price of an all-pro tackle.

Having a QB and both OTs on rookie deals is too good to pass up.
                    It looks like Linderbaum could play any IOL position. Iowa has him pull on a lot of their run plays. His lateral movement and body control are pretty impressive. IMO, he could play OG at a high level before eventually taking over for Linsley.

Matt Feiler is a natural RT. He's actually started more games at RT than LG. I'm assuming that the Chargers will be drafting in the late 1st round. OT's drafted in the late 1st and early 2nd round haven't panned out so well in the last 3 or 4 drafts... Sam Cosmi and Jawaan Taylor are the only I can think of off hand.

LT Slater
                    LG Linderbaum
                    C Linsley
                    RG Aboushi
                    RT Feiler

That would be one bad-ass OL.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

sorry to keep you waiting Ninj, and…. as a preamble, do have two FA targets atm…. LT Terron Armstead and ED Jamie Collins.

of our own, would be keen to resign Linval Joseph, Jared Cook, Oday Oboushi, Chase Daniel, Covington, Justin Jones, Parham, Tevaughn Campbell and Fackrell

the UFAs that am willing to let walk would be Chris Harris, MW, Ryan Smith, Nwosu, Kyzir, Storm, Gabe Nabers, Qberry, Justin Jackson, Guyton, Bulaga, Facyson, and would also move on from Tillery and Pips.

and for the record, was not a fan of letting Tyron walk….

QB * JH10, Chase Daniels * truth be told, have no overriding interest in keeping the either of Daniels or Easton, as if there is another QB that is of interest, and is interested in becoming a Charger…. am interested in him, if he makes sense backing up JH
                      RB * Austin Ekeler * personally think we need a major overhaul here, albeit not sure if there is too much in the draft to get excited about, so perhaps there is some talent on the FA market…. love me some Joshua Kelly, and JJ was/is hellah talented, and most everyone was rooting for Joe Reed, either here or as a pass catcher somewhere, and…. just think if we’re serious ‘bout a SB, that we need to take care of our biz, and that includes here @RB
                      FB * Darius Bradwell * willing to give this guy a shot here, as don’t see the residual benefit in Nabers
                      WR * Keenan Allen, KJ Hill, Josh Palmer * know a lotta peoples are hoping we hold onto MW, but just don’t think the dollars are gonna work out, albeit am a believer that Chargers football is best w/two No. 1 receivers…. think Guyton is gonna be elsewhere next offseason, and as mentioned above, think we coulda, woulda, shoulda held onto Tyron, as not sure the any of Austin Proehl, Michael Bandy nor Jason Moore are gonna make a case for the next go ‘round, and will be looking wideout in both the draft and in FA.
                      TE * Jared Cook, Donald Parham, Stephen Anderson, Tre McKitty * would love me some Cade Otton in the draft, but me thinx that team Tommy John is gonna stay put here, and hope McKittyKat develops, and not sure that Kampmoyer makes it outta next year’s camp neither.
                      OT * Rashawn Slater * would love me some Terron Armstead here, as I said if we’re a SB team, we need to make SB team decisions, and that means shoring up the tackle position, which am not sure is readily/easily available via next year’s draft, and so that means am bidding adieu to the all of Beluga, Trey as he may, Stormy Storm and Darius Harper…. will be looking for a swing tackle (Feiler ?), somewhere somehow.
                      OG * Matt Feiler, Oday Aboushi, Brenden Jaimes * w/Schofield, there is the thought to move Feiler over to RT, and if you are able to land a Zion Johnson in the draft, then things can shift even more along the line, and…. don’t see the either of Nate Gilliam nor Ryan Hunter making much, if any noise here.
                      OC * Corey Linsley * this is my primary/No. 1 concern along the line, and pretty much the entire roster, and hence my paramount interest in Tyler Linderbaum in the draft, and as am ready to bid adieu to the Qberry and to heavily hedge my bet against Linsley’s health (will we ever learn…. from Pouncey, Bulaga, etc.), and to give Linderbaum time to put on some NFL weight while learning under the tutelage of Linsley.
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍