• Show
Clear All
  • The Intellectual Assassin
    Serenity now!
    • Sep 2021
    • North Carolina
    • Teacher
    • Send PM

Make no mistake it will not be an easy thing by any means for us to make the playoffs. Do we have the roster and the coaches to do so? Absolutely. But last season we did also and we all know how that worked out. With that being said, I am feeling good about this season and think we can make some noise if everyone plays to their potential.

Very though division as is the norm so have to be on A game always.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post
      Make no mistake it will not be an easy thing by any means for us to make the playoffs. Do we have the roster and the coaches to do so? Absolutely. But last season we did also and we all know how that worked out. With that being said, I am feeling good about this season and think we can make some noise if everyone plays to their potential.

I think we expected good things last season especially after the 4-1 start. But I think the record also reflects our roster problems. This has to be the year we go deep in the playoffs given all the things we addressed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think we expected good things last season especially after the 4-1 start. But I think the record also reflects our roster problems. This has to be the year we go deep in the playoffs given all the things we addressed.
        Agree, the depth wasnt good and defensive players not good fits. We have a lot of young defensive additions in the secondary so hopefully we dont have a lot of injuries back there and hope guys like Webb step up.
        My guess is some guys wont make the team like Egbule, Gilman, and Keman Hall, possibly Campbell. We'll see but some wont be back or they will be on the PS.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Right so the Chargers should do the exact same because we have a GREAT HC and we have star players, so since we have both the playoffs are our destiny. . .

PS both those teams you mentioned had great HC's therefore, if we don't make the playoffs this year our HC and his staff doesn't have the right stuff.
          I'm not sure our HC is great. I do think the players they brought in will help a lot. Not just the guys expected to start but also the depth looks way better. I'm convinced we have the players, I'm ready to be convinced our HC is up to the task. I sure like his talk but can he turn the team into a playoff team? I think he can but I want to see it happen.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Last year, key injuries did us in, as the season moved along.

Now, we are only beginning to build depth, with "Staley type" personnel.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm not sure our HC is great. I do think the players they brought in will help a lot. Not just the guys expected to start but also the depth looks way better. I'm convinced we have the players, I'm ready to be convinced our HC is up to the task. I sure like his talk but can he turn the team into a playoff team? I think he can but I want to see it happen.
              Agree. Staley looks & talks what seems like the right stuff. Worth noting that Telesco is on board regards coaching & player personnel decisions.
              Now, show us what you have. Make the playoffs. Make some noise when we get there.
              If we don't win a SB at least scare the heck out of somebody who does.

Nah. Just win.
              At that point Staley will be a great Chargers HC.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

If you like our personnel...
                that is a Staley production
                through and through.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post

Last season gave us perspective. Staley was not great at playing his D system with Bradley's players and not much depth. Lack of quality depth on OL and RB also became an issue. Special Teams were especially bad.
                  That seems to have been addressed. One thing for sure, Staley got hands on experience with the Chargers, the AFCW and being a HC.
                  I don't believe player names are all that have changed.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Zion Johnson for example.
                    We will now successfully convert on 4th down.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Zion Johnson for example.
                      We will now successfully convert on 4th down.
                      I too have thought about that - being able to run to either side and gain positive yardage will make a difference in converting the third and fourth downs to first downs. We may also have a big back to use for those situations.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

You have to go back to when Jamaal Williams, Marcus McNeil, and Sean Merriman were in their prime for a comparable first string on offense and defense this loaded.

Herbert is better than Rivers and his shot put throw.

The team hasn’t been this deep with quality backups In decades as well.

A couple of injuries would destroy past teams because of bad drafts and poor FA moves. Now we should be much more resilient when inevitable injuries occur and the depth will show a marked improvement for special teams.

I predict we will glide into the playoffs with no problem.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                          You have to go back to when Jamaal Williams, Marcus McNeil, and Sean Merriman were in their prime for a comparable first string on offense and defense this loaded..
                          Lol. You spelled each of their names incorrectly.

Shawne Merriman

Marcus McNeill

Jamal Williams

Signed,

Mrs. Farnsworth, your 3rd grade teacher

Comment

Working...
                          X