• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

I'm not sure a safety, or any defensive player for that matter, is capable of carrying a defense on his own in 2022. Myles Garrett is one of the 3 best pass rushers in the league and that Browns defense sucks. The Rams still have Donald and Ramsey and have been middle of the pack or worse all season.
    No single defensive player can carry a team, i think its unfair to Derwin to set that as the bar he has to vault over to be valued. He’s a total stud, a truly great player who defies my hatred for “tweeners” because he truly can play anything from S to CB to LB to DE at an elite level.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

No single defensive player can carry a team, i think its unfair to Derwin to set that as the bar he has to vault over to be valued. He’s a total stud, a truly great player who defies my hatred for “tweeners” because he truly can play anything from S to CB to LB to DE at an elite level.
      DE at an elite level? Nah. I think that’s SPOILERdick riding level hyperbole. :runaway:
      Last edited by Bolt-O; 12-01-2022, 03:48 PM. Reason: mildly offensive, was reported.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        SPOILERdick riding level hyperbole. :runaway:
        Prove I’m wrong

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

NE is getting a great rush so far
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Bummer looks like the text is doing that thing again.

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.55.05 PM.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
              Bummer looks like the text is doing that thing again.

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.55.05 PM.png
              I was having the weirdest glitches on my flatscreen plugged into laptop. MS was randomly inserting or repeating parts of words or stuttering letters in documents all over the place. I was reviewing docs to release and called the author to say they were all screwed up. “What are you talking about? There are no typos all over the doc”.

I rebooted and it went away. Weirdest thing … I think Eli is up to something big

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I was having the weirdest glitches on my flatscreen plugged into laptop. MS was randomly inserting or repeating parts of words or stuttering letters in documents all over the place. I was reviewing docs to release and called the author to say they were all screwed up. “What are you talking about? There are no typos all over the doc”.

I rebooted and it went away. Weirdest thing … I think Eli is up to something big
                Trying to see if its just you and maybe quotes of your posts. I have a message out to my tech. Probably need an update soon.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Trying to see if its just you and maybe quotes of your posts. I have a message out to my tech. Probably need an update soon.
                  I only use my ipad for this site … unrelated to my laptop trippin’ - fyi

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    Fleet 1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Copy
                • CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Looking ahead to 2023

Thinking of pass rush which has been non existent for weeks. One would think it will be addressed in draft and Bosa should be back but what about Khaili Mack?

He has been ok and i am not blaming it all on him but he is no longer elite, without Bosa's presence he is being neutralized and not getting to the QB....as i said there is NO pass rush right now. Getting a healthy Bosa (maybe) next year could help but Mack is another year older so here is the question

Do you take on his 27 million cap hit next year after what we have seen the last few weeks? I dont see how you justify that.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                    Looking ahead to 2023

Thinking of pass rush which has been non existent for weeks. One would think it will be addressed in draft and Bosa should be back but what about Khaili Mack?

He has been ok and i am not blaming it all on him but he is no longer elite, without Bosa's presence he is being neutralized and not getting to the QB....as i said there is NO pass rush right now. Getting a healthy Bosa (maybe) next year could help but Mack is another year older so here is the question

Do you take on his 27 million cap hit next year after what we have seen the last few weeks? I dont see how you justify that.
                    Keep him. He’s still elite and the MVP of the defense this season, IMO.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Keep him. He’s still elite and the MVP of the defense this season, IMO.
                      27 million cap hit??? it is 8 this year

He will be 32. and you have to sign Herbert for 50 and improve this roster in a few places. i like him too but not sure i would pay 27 mil for 1 sack in the last 7 games or whatever it is

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

OK now that it looks like we are more than likely not going to make the playoffs.... The Chargers will put together some impressive wins to ensure we don't get a top 10 draft pick and we'll finish strong and teams that beat us will be picking before us and we'll be right back in the same boat with TT and Staley going into next season. You can't make this stuff up because everyone on the outside who knows anything about this team knows this to be true.

But most importantly I sure hope Staley's relationship with the players is GREAT since that is what is most important to him. Sigh.
                        Last edited by electricgold; 12-05-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X