• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I like it, except there’s no way TT brings Kendrick aboard. Not with the unlawful gun possession charge. Also, not sure we go WR in the 3rd, unless we let MW walk. But then again, we did last year. To me, there’s too many bigger needs.
    I didn’t know that about Kendrick. But I think if he’s a available in the 5th, it might be worth a flyer with his skills. Maybe switch for a 3rd round CB and a 5th round WR.
    for WR I was thinking speed, misdirection. All their WRs are 4.5+ speed, except Guyton and he doesn’t do anything. If they can get 2 speed shifty gadget guys, it would open up this O a bit more. If their WR core can look like Allen, Sutton, Palmer, W. Robinson and J. Grant, they would be looking good. Size, shiftiness and speed
    I also like RB Leddie Brown with his size and ability to catch out of the backfield. Another RB is Christopher Rodriguez Jr because of his size and YPC during his college career at 6.6. Not sure if either of these guys would be available in the 6th.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Having a solid ORT also applies to the running game, and being able to run Outside Zone plays left or right.

I am not so sure that Zion would be a bad fit for us on the right side, OG or OT. Then bring in a vet plus a brand new mid round developmental OT.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I didn’t know that about Kendrick. But I think if he’s a available in the 5th, it might be worth a flyer with his skills. Maybe switch for a 3rd round CB and a 5th round WR.
        for WR I was thinking speed, misdirection. All their WRs are 4.5+ speed, except Guyton and he doesn’t do anything. If they can get 2 speed shifty gadget guys, it would open up this O a bit more. If their WR core can look like Allen, Sutton, Palmer, W. Robinson and J. Grant, they would be looking good. Size, shiftiness and speed
        I also like RB Leddie Brown with his size and ability to catch out of the backfield. Another RB is Christopher Rodriguez Jr because of his size and YPC during his college career at 6.6. Not sure if either of these guys would be available in the 6th.
        Definitely agree that we need a speedy receiver. One of Herbert’s best attributes is hitting guys deep. He proved that as a rookie with two UDFAs. Why not give him a legit deep threat? Maybe Sutton’s the answer. Definitely not ideal tho. I’ve been clamoring in this forum for a while about Jakeem Grant for his return skills and was bummed when the Bears picked him up for cheap. You and I might take a flier on Kendrick on day three, but I guarantee TT wouldn’t even touch him as an UDFA. It’s just his way. There’s a few interesting RBs in the draft and I would take one before a WR. But it all depends on scouting, FA, and how the draft shakes out. I just hope we address the major holes: DT, RT, EDGE, NB.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Let's talk about Bryan Bulaga's future as a Charger. Does he have one?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/bryan-bulaga-6532/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/chris-harris-8864/

I think I'm cutting Bulaga after this season and a taking a wait-and-see one-year deal (maybe) with Chris Harris going forward. These are two moves that didn't pan out, IMO.

1. DT (draft or FA, preferably both)
          2. WR (to replace UFA Mike Williams)
          3. RT (draft)
          4. CB (draft)
          5. TE (draft)
          6. OG (draft)
          7. RB (FA or draft)

Free agents:

UFA Bears DT Akiem Hicks - Akiem will be 32 at the beginning of next season. I subscribe fully to the doctrine that you don't sign 30+ lineman to an NFL futures contract. Sometimes, a body type defies that caveat, see 35-year old Calais Campbell. Calais was worth the gamble because of his enormous and aberrant size as a human being. Hicks has that same monstrous size and he wants a last contract. The Chargers will be out from underneath Bryan Bulaga and Chris Harris's deals at that point. He's going to be $8m+ a year on a two-year deal.

RFA Browns RB D'Ernest Johnson - Browns have an embarrassment of riches at RB.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

When (not if) we cut Bulaga, we will have $10+ million more cap space than any other NFL team.

What's your FA Christmas list, Ghost?

With that $11 million I saved cutting Bulaga, and the $14 million I don't give to "on again/off again" Mike Williams... I'm buying Davante Adams.
            Justin Herbert throwing to Keenan Allen and Davante Adams...? LOL! Try to keep up with that NFL...

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              When (not if) we cut Bulaga, we will have $10+ million more cap space than any other NFL team.

With that $11 million I saved cutting Bulaga, and the $14 million I don't give to "on again/off again" Mike Williams... I'm buying Davante Adams.
              Justin Herbert throwing to Keenan Allen and Davante Adams...? LOL! Try to keep up with that NFL...
              And I draft Wan'Dale in the 4th round.........put some speed on the outside........

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Davante is gonna want megabank $$$...u think we can afford him?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Davante is gonna want megabank $$$...u think we can afford him?
                  We can. And we can afford MW but he may or may not want to stay here for whatever reason. Maybe he wants to be a #1 elsewhere.
                  we will a lot of cap space and can afford anyone but have to keep some of our own too. I'd extend Derwin instead of just excercising his 5th year option.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                  225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

And I draft Wan'Dale in the 4th round.........put some speed on the outside........
                    Hell, why stop there? I think we can go even smaller. How about the FBS leading receiver? He’s only 5’8, 155.

Gigantic numbers from such a tiny guy.

53096AA3-3F1D-4633-BB9B-CA937BFD4D9F.jpeg

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Maybe Ninj can chime in here, but who are the biggest WR burners in the later rounds? Talking sub 4.4 speed in R4-R7.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Hell, why stop there? I think we can go even smaller. How about the FBS leading receiver? He’s only 5’8, 155.

Gigantic numbers from such a tiny guy.

53096AA3-3F1D-4633-BB9B-CA937BFD4D9F.jpeg
                        155? Lol, that guy gets one shove and he is off his route.
                        He can get away with it in college as the little LSU RB or WR did but he was real fast and just a better athlete than many college players.
                        Think his name was Holiday but he was only a KO returner with the Broncos for a couple seasons....which i winced every time he ran it out. And I don't think he was that light. He was 5'5" and like 165.
                        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

155? Lol, that guy gets one shove and he is off his route.
                          He can get away with it in college as the little LSU RB or WR did but he was real fast and just a better athlete than many college players.
                          Think his name was Holiday but he was only a KO returner with the Broncos for a couple seasons....which i winced every time he ran it out. And I don't think he was that light. He was 5'5" and like 165.
                          Yeah, it was meant as a joke. He might be good for a gadget or two, but probably not enough for a roster spot.

Comment

Working...
                          X