• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

NT * Linval Joseph, Breiden Feheko, Forrest Merrill * still in a bit of shock re: Jared Goldwire ?? !! and wondering if we have anything in Feheko or Forrest…. could the latter have some John Parella to him ?? regardless am def on the lookout for some beef @NT, and think’n there could be some gets in the draft.
    DT * Justin Jones, Chris Covington, Joe Gaziano * also never really understood the adios that was Cortez Broughton as thought the guy had/has something, and fit well in @4i, and do like what Covington brings to the Dline/roster, as do believe that his move to slip underneath double teams/defenders is just that…. a move of his, and…. was never a Tillery believer, and even tho I like the man, do think we can upgrade Jerry, as not sure what his fifth year price tag might be ?? and don’t know much ‘bout Joe, but guessing he’s our placeholder ‘til we do bring in an upgrade here, which again appears to be available via the draft.
    DE * Joey Bosa, Kyler Fackrell, Chris Rumph II * was wary of the Bosa program right off, and due to his enhancement program or the like and do think he’s going to be marginal returns going forward, and due to nagging injuries, and due to his body breaking down ahead of schedule, again due to his enhancement regimen, and to whatever extent that might be, and…. he ain’t goin’ anywhere, but do think Nwosu might be, as think we add one to the pair of Fackrell ‘n Rumph…. personally am looking in FA, albeit there is def a talent or coupla few in the draft.
    ILB * Nick Niemann * gonna pull one outta my you know whatz, and wonder if Murray doesn’t get traded ?? as just don’t think he’s a fit w/Staley @ILB ?? still miss me some Denzel, and would like to find an LB in the draft, namely Palaei Gaotete, who transferred from ‘SC to Ohio State, and wondering how he’s doin’ ??
    OLB * Drue Tranquill, Amen Ogbongbemiga * for some reason the Ouija board doesn’t have Kyzir stickin’ around, and for some reason Egbule isn’t stickin’ around neither ?? not a Tranquill fan, due to his injury concerns, and will def be on the lookout for reinforcements here, namely Jamie Collins in FA.
    SS * Derwin James * does DJ stay healthy for the duration of the season ?? suspect we need a better hedge here against his health than Alohi or DeLuca, and won’t be surprised to see a new face back here.
    FS * Nasir Adderley, Mark Webb * love me some Nas, and willing to give Webb some love/a chance, albeit am def in the mood/market for a fifth DB back here, as not overly comfortable @4 deep @safety.
    CB * Tevaughn Campbell, Asante Samuel Jr., Kemon Hall, Mike D. * speaking for myself, will hurt a bit to say good bye to Brandon, as thought he was a good 4/5 CB, albeit think he had his shot, and that this regime is gonna upgrade here if they can, as do think Staley has taken a liking to Kemon, albeit think we are well served looking for a CB in FA, as not sure the draft is gonna yield something here for us ??

K * think we’ve got ourselves a vacancy here, and again, if we’re thinkin’ SB, think we opt for a safer bet vet pickup rather than taking on a rookie from the draft learning curve ??
    P * Ty Long * think we’re good here, albeit guessing we bring in competition for him again….
    LS * Matt Overton * guessin’ Matt is where it’s at once again,

HC * Brandon Staley * and pretty sure we stick w/this guy….

so that leaves about 14 roster spots for between FA and the draft, which is usually 'bout par for the course....

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Cool stuff Ninja. As of now Im not even close to having a plan. I try to enjoy the season unless we stink, but so far we don't stink lol.

I'll have more input on our players later on.

I did watch Georgia vs Kentucky and came away impressed with a Freshman TE to keep an eye on.

His name is Bowers on Georgia's team. Only 230 lbs right now but,. ......Freshman! So he still has a ways to go yet.

JC Jackson I was touting last year but then NE slapped a 2nd round tender on him. Would be a good one to try and get.
      Some guys I'd like to keep are obvious like MW,.... Aboushi is a keeper too. But Viz, idk. He has to be better.
      Guyton IDK either.
      May look to Reed when healthy or a draft pick.

It's why I'm waiting longer to see.

Also, thought we were getting 3 comp picks?
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-16-2021, 04:34 PM.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It looks like Linderbaum could play any IOL position. Iowa has him pull on a lot of their run plays. His lateral movement and body control are pretty impressive. IMO, he could play OG at a high level before eventually taking over for Linsley.

Matt Feiler is a natural RT. He's actually started more games at RT than LG. I'm assuming that the Chargers will be drafting in the late 1st round. OT's drafted in the late 1st and early 2nd round haven't panned out so well in the last 3 or 4 drafts... Sam Cosmi and Jawaan Taylor are the only I can think of off hand.

LT Slater
        LG Linderbaum
        C Linsley
        RG Aboushi
        RT Feiler

That would be one bad-ass OL.
        I think I'd leave Feiler at LG and draft a RT. Depending on how deep OT is since we are picking 32nd

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          NT * Linval Joseph, Breiden Feheko, Forrest Merrill * still in a bit of shock re: Jared Goldwire ?? !! and wondering if we have anything in Feheko or Forrest…. could the latter have some John Parella to him ?? regardless am def on the lookout for some beef @NT, and think’n there could be some gets in the draft.
          DT * Justin Jones, Chris Covington, Joe Gaziano * also never really understood the adios that was Cortez Broughton as thought the guy had/has something, and fit well in @4i, and do like what Covington brings to the Dline/roster, as do believe that his move to slip underneath double teams/defenders is just that…. a move of his, and…. was never a Tillery believer, and even tho I like the man, do think we can upgrade Jerry, as not sure what his fifth year price tag might be ?? and don’t know much ‘bout Joe, but guessing he’s our placeholder ‘til we do bring in an upgrade here, which again appears to be available via the draft.
          DE * Joey Bosa, Kyler Fackrell, Chris Rumph II * was wary of the Bosa program right off, and due to his enhancement program or the like and do think he’s going to be marginal returns going forward, and due to nagging injuries, and due to his body breaking down ahead of schedule, again due to his enhancement regimen, and to whatever extent that might be, and…. he ain’t goin’ anywhere, but do think Nwosu might be, as think we add one to the pair of Fackrell ‘n Rumph…. personally am looking in FA, albeit there is def a talent or coupla few in the draft.
          ILB * Nick Niemann * gonna pull one outta my you know whatz, and wonder if Murray doesn’t get traded ?? as just don’t think he’s a fit w/Staley @ILB ?? still miss me some Denzel, and would like to find an LB in the draft, namely Palaei Gaotete, who transferred from ‘SC to Ohio State, and wondering how he’s doin’ ??
          OLB * Drue Tranquill, Amen Ogbongbemiga * for some reason the Ouija board doesn’t have Kyzir stickin’ around, and for some reason Egbule isn’t stickin’ around neither ?? not a Tranquill fan, due to his injury concerns, and will def be on the lookout for reinforcements here, namely Jamie Collins in FA.
          SS * Derwin James * does DJ stay healthy for the duration of the season ?? suspect we need a better hedge here against his health than Alohi or DeLuca, and won’t be surprised to see a new face back here.
          FS * Nasir Adderley, Mark Webb * love me some Nas, and willing to give Webb some love/a chance, albeit am def in the mood/market for a fifth DB back here, as not overly comfortable @4 deep @safety.
          CB * Tevaughn Campbell, Asante Samuel Jr., Kemon Hall, Mike D. * speaking for myself, will hurt a bit to say good bye to Brandon, as thought he was a good 4/5 CB, albeit think he had his shot, and that this regime is gonna upgrade here if they can, as do think Staley has taken a liking to Kemon, albeit think we are well served looking for a CB in FA, as not sure the draft is gonna yield something here for us ??

K * think we’ve got ourselves a vacancy here, and again, if we’re thinkin’ SB, think we opt for a safer bet vet pickup rather than taking on a rookie from the draft learning curve ??
          P * Ty Long * think we’re good here, albeit guessing we bring in competition for him again….
          LS * Matt Overton * guessin’ Matt is where it’s at once again,

HC * Brandon Staley * and pretty sure we stick w/this guy….

so that leaves about 14 roster spots for between FA and the draft, which is usually 'bout par for the course....
          Hate to break it to you Beach, but Facyson is already gone.
          He is a Raider! Plucked off our PS for Gus.
          I wouldn't hold your breath on Jamie Collins. Didn't pursue him as a FA and didn't try to get him a couple weeks ago when he was let go.

Interesting thought on Murray. I'd say no way and suspect he will get better but Tranquill is outplaying him. So who knows. He shouldn't be struggling like he is so I'd say it's not out of the question.
          Cant believe I'm saying that but.....he hasn't been good. We'll see as the season goes on.

Armstead is 30, so a 3 year deal and I'd sign him. I thought he was older but nope.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think I'd leave Feiler at LG and draft a RT. Depending on how deep OT is since we are picking 32nd
            Alright, the "Feiler Stays @LG Draft"... (Using DraftNetwork)

1st: RT Charles Cross
            2nd: EDGE Nolan Smith
            3rd: CB Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson (yes, that Tomlinson)
            4th: NT Otito Ogbonnia
            5th: RB Cam'Ron Harris
            6th: S Smoke Monday
            6th: IOL Josh Sills
            6th: WR Emeke Emezie
            7th: LB Mike Rose
            7th: EDGE Tyler Johnson

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

took a look @Draft Network, and got my same three guys up front.... Pickens, Faalele and Otton.... woulda had to take Zion Johnson round one if we were going OL over skill players.

after that got Tupuola Fetui round four, and then two heavies 5/6 in Robert Cooper/Zaach Pickens.... woulda had to take Josh Jobe round 4.... over ZTF.

not alot left after that, as alotta names that weez guyz have gotz here, are nowhere to be found on summa these boards ??

looks like there will be RBs and IDL on the board late.... (works for me) ??
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I'd probably start my roster re-build in FA along the DL. We have FA's Justin Jones, Christian Covington, and Linval Joseph. Of those 3, I'd re-sign Justin Jones.

The good news is that there are some good DT's/NT's that probably won't be re-signed because their former teams have cap issues for 2022.

NT Sebastian Joseph-Day. It only seems logical given Staley's familiarity with SJD. The Rams will only have $5 million in cap room.
                DT Austin Johnson. He has 3 sacks in 6 games this season. He's much better vs the run than Tillery. The Giants are over the cap by $11 million next season.
                DT DJ Jones. Quietly having a good year for the 49ers. 49ers only have $12 million cap room for next year and a pretty deep DL. Could play NT for us.

That would make our DL young and relatively inexpensive. It would also make us much tougher against the run. We'd still need to draft at least 1 more DT... but it wouldn't have to be a high round pick to start immediately. Lets us use early round picks on RT, EDGE, and CB.

The 3 down linemen might look like this:
                DT: Justin Jones, Tillery, Austin Johnson, 4th/5th round rookie.
                NT: Joseph-Day, DJ Jones.

There are other DL FA's, but I'd stay away for various reasons: Harrison Phillips (knee), Sheldon Richardson (age), Malik Jackson (age). There are also others... but they play on teams that should be able to re-sign them if they're worth the money (healthy team caps).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Cant we just trade Tillery

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Cant we just trade Tillery
                    Not for much. Maybe as a package with pick(s) to move up.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      I'd probably start my roster re-build in FA along the DL. We have FA's Justin Jones, Christian Covington, and Linval Joseph. Of those 3, I'd re-sign Justin Jones.

The good news is that there are some good DT's/NT's that probably won't be re-signed because their former teams have cap issues for 2022.

NT Sebastian Joseph-Day. It only seems logical given Staley's familiarity with SJD. The Rams will only have $5 million in cap room.
                      DT Austin Johnson. He has 3 sacks in 6 games this season. He's much better vs the run than Tillery. The Giants are over the cap by $11 million next season.
                      DT DJ Jones. Quietly having a good year for the 49ers. 49ers only have $12 million cap room for next year and a pretty deep DL. Could play NT for us.

That would make our DL young and relatively inexpensive. It would also make us much tougher against the run. We'd still need to draft at least 1 more DT... but it wouldn't have to be a high round pick to start immediately. Lets us use early round picks on RT, EDGE, and CB.

The 3 down linemen might look like this:
                      DT: Justin Jones, Tillery, Austin Johnson, 4th/5th round rookie.
                      NT: Joseph-Day, DJ Jones.

There are other DL FA's, but I'd stay away for various reasons: Harrison Phillips (knee), Sheldon Richardson (age), Malik Jackson (age). There are also others... but they play on teams that should be able to re-sign them if they're worth the money (healthy team caps).
                      A. Johnson is more of a 0/1 than a 4/5. Like him quite a bit.
                      DJ Jones is another dude that is on my radar.
                      Good stuff. I think UFA will have multiple guys that we’ll make plays for. Getting 1/2 will be solid and resigning J. Jones.
                      Good call with H. Phillips. I’ll have to remove him.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

know it's still hellah early, and.... am changing my first round target to Zion Johnson.

Linderbaum seems to be gaining traction in the top half of the first, and think Zion is getting graded as a tackle for the most part.... personally think he is heaps better inside @guard, and prefer drafting him early, rather than taking my chances on someone like Faalele @RT later, who doesn't seem like he can play swing/LT ??

would still like George Pickens, but would prefer a round discount due to his ACL.... ditto for Faalele, who I would prefer round three if possible, and if we went in that direction.

my other day two guy is Cade Otton, and still got no problems w/adding Josh Jobe to the secondary, if that is our/my fallback option.

and not sure Tupuola would still be there day three, but would love to get that kind of discount due to his injury concerns, and.... his production is prolific/off the charts as of late.

round five Telesco special is NT Robert Cooper in my book, as that is a much needed reinforcement on the depth chart, by my take.

round six, am heaping another injury/concussion concern onto my pile, as still would take my chances w/Gaotete round six if he's still on the board.

w/all the other largesse/excess of picks day three, would be fishin' for DTs, and as many as we can reel in.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

A. Johnson is more of a 0/1 than a 4/5. Like him quite a bit.
                          DJ Jones is another dude that is on my radar.
                          Good stuff. I think UFA will have multiple guys that we’ll make plays for. Getting 1/2 will be solid and resigning J. Jones.
                          Good call with H. Phillips. I’ll have to remove him.
                          The Titans used to line Johnson up @4-tech quite a bit. Giants have Dexter Lawrence and Leonard Williams @4-tech... so it makes sense to play Austin Johnson @ 0/1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWJMiY3PV-8

I really liked Harrison Phillips out of college... but he hasn't stayed healthy as a pro. He's good... when he's healthy.
                          I'm watching Iowa State vs Oklahoma State right now. I kind of like redshirt junior Tyler Lacy (6-4, 295). Haven't seen him on many lists.

Comment

Working...
                          X