• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

nice post. i can live with most 4th down calls once we cross the 50 yard line (I said MOST), but we gotta cross the 50.

there is a ton of potential with this team and cap space to work with, but we need a better defense. we were not going on the road and winning 3 playoff games this season with this defense.

Telesco / Staley need to build a defense in the offseason. Job #1.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Thanks for voicing a lot of my feelings Fleet. I’m still undecided about whether this was a transition year or not. I know people like Popper were predicting a 9 win season for us since the beginning, but I think our expectations were high after the 4-1 start. As for Fangio, I think it’s always hard for a HC to break up his staff after just one season. Makes it seemed unstable. Hill will be given another year. And maybe he should be the playcaller instead of Staley.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

2022, was already slated for a big year. My triplets are Seniors about to finish high school. By that time, it’ll be close to training camp.

How can we not be excited of the future with 10 here. What I notice the most, is how clutch on 4th down he appears to be. How many times did we see 17 not convert a 4th down? 10 just built a little different.

Right side of the line needs to be fixed. Everything else has to be defense. If we even had a middle of the pack defense, we would be solid.

It’s the wait after this hurtful game that’s going to be toughest to deal with.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
          2022, was already slated for a big year. My triplets are Seniors about to finish high school. By that time, it’ll be close to training camp.

How can we not be excited of the future with 10 here. What I notice the most, is how clutch on 4th down he appears to be. How many times did we see 17 not convert a 4th down? 10 just built a little different.

Right side of the line needs to be fixed. Everything else has to be defense. If we even had a middle of the pack defense, we would be solid.

It’s the wait after this hurtful game that’s going to be toughest to deal with.
          Yes the wait. Last year was easier because we were out of it so early and we had the anticipation of a new HC.

Comment

• OMG...just found out Mike Zimmer was fired from the Vikings..you kidding me? Wish the Bolts would hire him. He would be an upgrade for sure. Maybe DC?

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
              OMG...just found out Mike Zimmer was fired from the Vikings..you kidding me? Wish the Bolts would hire him. He would be an upgrade for sure. Maybe DC?
              If we’re going to actually hire a DC, it might as well be Fangio since Zimmer runs a completely different scheme.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If we’re going to actually hire a DC, it might as well be Fangio since Zimmer runs a completely different scheme.
                Scheme? Don't care if it's a 4-3, 5-2, 6-4, 10-1 as long as you can win and we go to the playoffs! Most of these guys can figure out different schemes if they're competent.

:coffee:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

We have one of the premier QBs in a QB driven league. Not making the playoffs is unacceptable. It cannot continue. That's my 2022 input at the moment

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    We have one of the premier QBs in a QB driven league. Not making the playoffs is unacceptable. It cannot continue. That's my 2022 input at the moment
                    Yep.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Hoping he takes another big step. He still has issues against the better defenses. And while he’s been great on prime time, I also want more consistency too. That game against the Texans was also partially his fault.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I’m actually trying to take my mind off how this season ended but it’s hard. Probably spent too much time on here these last couple of days instead of working lol. Trying to be optimistic but the highs are really high while the lows are so low. Football is a bad drug man.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Hoping he takes another big step. He still has issues against the better defenses. And while he’s been great on prime time, I also want more consistency too. That game against the Texans was also partially his fault.
                          Also wondering about his leadership style in the locker room. He’s obviously showing it on the field. But will he be more active in taking that leadership role now that it’ll be year 3, or just continue being humble and passive while showing it on the field.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍