• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Very surprised about Derwin James being left off of that list.
    dropped INT's spring to mind

Comment

• Chuckeezy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2019
      • Send PM

Any possibility of trading for Calvin Ridley? Would he help this offense?

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chuckeezy View Post
        Any possibility of trading for Calvin Ridley? Would he help this offense?
        It will probably cost you a 2nd round pick;
        you'll be paying him a 5th year option contract;
        Mike Williams possibly fits better in Lombardi's offense;

If you want a big play threat that can better take the top off the defense, then you'd prefer Ridley.
        You couldn't afford both Williams & Ridley.

I'm pretty certain Mike Williams remains.

Comment

• Chuckeezy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It will probably cost you a 2nd round pick;
          you'll be paying him a 5th year option contract;
          Mike Williams possibly fits better in Lombardi's offense;

If you want a big play threat that can better take the top off the defense, then you'd prefer Ridley.
          You couldn't afford both Williams & Ridley.

I'm pretty certain Mike Williams remains.
          yea figured it wouldn’t be possible, of course defense and RT should be priority this off-season but we also need a speed/YAC big play threat on offense. Can’t let Herbs talent go to waste.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Also wondering about his leadership style in the locker room. He’s obviously showing it on the field. But will he be more active in taking that leadership role now that it’ll be year 3, or just continue being humble and passive while showing it on the field.
            Goddamn all the Herbie proctologists reading their own vapors to divine the excellence of his locker room leadership. Show me ONE SINGLE QUOTE where anyone stated any question or concern. ONE GODDAMN QUOTE! What do you want him to do - teach corners how to cover? Tell LBs how to shed a block and tackle? Teach DL how to not get fucking plowed into the sod? Because we are not in the playoffs because we do not have enough NFL quality defensive players.

I am not wondering about Herbie the Great at all. I have zero doubt the locker 100% universally sees him as their leader and the best QB they have ever played with or seen. They are as blown away by his super talents as us lay people are. Fixing Herbert is NOT the focus for this goddamn off-season, he is the singular point on the entire team least in need of fixing.

TT - please take careful notes here

Get some goddamn defenders that can play NFL football - 4 is not enough! they need to shed a block, cover a receiver, close on a gap and make a tackle. Time after time Staley’s scheme had guys in perfect positions and they fucked it up. 3rd and 22 (was it 23?). Goddamn it - that is PLAYERS! I have 100% confidence his designs will work because I saw the goddamn 2020 LA Rams crush teams with it. If our defensive players did nothing more than keep to their assignment and tackle like the Raiders did, we win the last game and are playing right now. You guys realize that modern CBA doesn’t allow coaches to drill fundamentals anymore, right? They can barely get enough field time to run schemes, and all that hitting and tackling shit in practice, well no fucking way the players will allow that anymore. Why, thats disrespectful.

Fix The Fucking OL RIght Side, Tom!!! Goddamn you, you’re now on year 10 to fix the offensive line, your self-stated #1 priority the first day you got here you dumbfuck! You bet the 2021 season on a RT that barely played in 2020, that was stupid. Many of us saw that and told you so before camp and we are idiots - you’re supposed to be the pro and you didn’t know? Norton was your backup plan? Goddamn you.

Get a goddamn power back. 25 or more teams in the league have a good to great power back, you have spent years unable to find one, cycling one shitty JAG through after the next. Kelly, Rountree, whoever, they all suck. TT - it changes your fucking team if you have just one!

Get a goddamn punter that doesn’t kick low to allow the returner 5-10 yards before we can cover the field. He is dead last in net yards avg. DEAD LAST.

I could go on - none of my improvement recommendations involve the names Justin or Herbert. Now get to work!
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

The need for a speed wr to me is moot if Herbert has more time to throw the ball. I hope they keep Williams. And I hope Palmer continues to grow. To me, have three good wr can be good enough. Look at how Cincy does it.

Give Herbert time and he will always find an open guy.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Goddamn all the Herbie proctologists reading their own vapors to divine the excellence of his locker room leadership. Show me ONE SINGLE QUOTE where anyone stated any question or concern. ONE GODDAMN QUOTE! What do you want him to do - teach corners how to cover? Tell LBs how to shed a block and tackle? Teach DL how to not get fucking plowed into the sod? Because we are not in the playoffs because we do not have enough NFL quality defensive players.

I am not wondering about Herbie the Great at all. I have zero doubt the locker 100% universally sees him as their leader and the best QB they have ever played with or seen. They are as blown away by his super talents as us lay people are. Fixing Herbert is NOT the focus for this goddamn off-season, he is the singular point on the entire team least in need of fixing.

Get some goddamn defenders that can play NFL football - 4 is not enough! they need to shed a block, cover a receiver, close on a gap and make a tackle. Time after time Staley’s scheme had guys in perfect positions and they fucked it up. 3rd and 22 (was it 23?). Goddamn it - that is PLAYERS! I have 100% confidence his designs will work because I saw the goddamn 2020 LA Rams crush teams with it. If our defensive players did nothing more than keep to their assignment and tackle like the Raiders did, we win the last game and are playing right now. You guys realize that modern CBA doesn’t allow coaches to drill fundamentals anymore, right? They can barely get enough field time to run schemes, and all that hitting and tackling shit in practice, well no fucking way the players will allow that anymore. Why, thats disrespectful.

Fix The Fucking OL RIght Side, Tom!!! Goddamn you, you’re now on year 10 to fix the offensive line, your self-stated #1 priority the first day you got here you dumbfuck! You bet the 2021 season on a RT that barely played in 2020, that was stupid. Many of us saw that and told you so before camp and we are idiots - you’re supposed to be the pro and you didn’t know? Norton was your backup plan? Goddamn you.

Get a goddamn power back. 25 or more teams in the league have a good to great power back, you have spent years unable to find one, cycling one shitty JAG through after the next. Kelly, Rountree, whoever, they all suck. TT - it changes your fucking team if you have just one!

Get a goddamn punter that doesn’t kick low to allow the returner 5-10 yards before we can cover the field. He is dead last in net yards avg. DEAD LAST.

I could go on - none of my improvement recommendations involve the names Justin or Herbert. Now get to work!
                Dude, seriously. Calm the fuck down!!!!
                I love Herbert. It was just random spitballing and pondering since the season is over.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

1. Staley estimated their chances to be less than 50%: the offense was not running smoothly by that point and Herbert was constantly bailing them out on 4rth down
                  2. There was a decent possibility of a tie in OT
                  3. Staley didn't want to have to face the shit storm if they failed.
                  #3 - I’m not sure coaches that go for it from their own 19 are worried too much about shit storms.

I would further wager that if 10 top NFL coaches face that spot - 7 of them kick the EP. I would have been good with trying the 2 there, but i don’t find it a shocking coaching decision at all. This is all MMQB stuff imo, its too easy when you know the outcome to call something different.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

He looked pretty intense after that loss to the Raiders, answering questions at his final press conference.

No, i had a great year self satisfactory glow - a pissed off stink eyed menacing intensity.

But then, someone will read something wrong into that.

Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert speaks to the media at his postgame press conference following the Chargers Week 18 matchup vs the Las Vegas Raiders on S...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I agree
                      IDL - besides Justin Jones, need at worst one really good veteran (sorry Akiem Hicks or Linval Joseph do not count) - spend some cash. If you want to sign Akiem Hicks as extra depth - maybe like ABoushi was for depth, thats fine. But the guy next to Jones needs to be in the prime of his career
                      Edge - Nwosu or if you don't like him, Reddick
                      CB - probably the draft
                      RT - probably the draft or Morgan Moses
                      RB - the draft
                      P: ARAIZA please - ARAIZA!!!

Its a big list but with what the Bengals did this offseason: Hendrickson, three DBs, signing Riley Reiff, it can be bleeping done!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

#3 - I’m not sure coaches that go for it from their own 19 are worried too much about shit storms.

I would further wager that if 10 top NFL coaches face that spot - 7 of them kick the EP. I would have been good with trying the 2 there, but i don’t find it a shocking coaching decision at all. This is all MMQB stuff imo, its too easy when you know the outcome to call something different.
                        Then how about two shit storms hitting you from different directions?

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree
                          IDL - besides Justin Jones, need at worst one really good veteran (sorry Akiem Hicks or Linval Joseph do not count) - spend some cash. If you want to sign Akiem Hicks as extra depth - maybe like ABoushi was for depth, thats fine. But the guy next to Jones needs to be in the prime of his career
                          Edge - Nwosu or if you don't like him, Reddick
                          CB - probably the draft
                          RT - probably the draft or Morgan Moses
                          RB - the draft
                          P: ARAIZA please - ARAIZA!!!

Its a big list but with what the Bengals did this offseason: Hendrickson, three DBs, signing Riley Reiff, it can be bleeping done!
                          Bengals prioritize defense over OL last offseason. Reiff is already out for the season. If they don’t win it all this year, it’ll be because of that OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍