Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Lone Bolt's new jersey

So...after being caught up in the emotion of Roo's thread, being a cancer survivor myself, veteran, and remembering Roo as one of the first posters I saw when I started way back in the UT days, I made a pledge to get a Chargeroo jersey with his old number. He was kind enough to supply it.

But afterward, I started thinking....am I being weird? Or perhaps a little melodramatic? I have always admired the maturity, grace, and levity Roo brings to the forums (that's long speak for "he isn't a jerk") but we aren't exactly close or "besties"....am I going overboard? So as I am pondering this, I share Roo's story with my wife and youngest son who still lives at home. Well....that settled THAT....

Welcome to the family, Chargeroo!!!...you are now officially in the rotation...and have first chair for any playoff games and the Superbowl, when we finally get there...that is my son's decree, by the way. He was absolutely floored that you might not get to see us get the big one.

Took me forever messing with the photoshop, but it looks like it finally downloaded...hope everyone can see it.

I am back on board thinking it is a fine thing to celebrate a great fan, as much as we celebrate players...hope this puts a smile on your face. Honestly....it's already my favorite jersey.
    Attached Files
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• BigBad
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Back in the day during the Tomlinson era, I was ALWAYS on the UT board. To the point, my wife would ask what are you doing on there so much. When she saw the username Chargeroo it became an inside joke. When I'd jump on the message board she would say "Chargeroo I miss you!".

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Lone Bolt's new jersey

So...after being caught up in the emotion of Roo's thread, being a cancer survivor myself, veteran, and remembering Roo as one of the first posters I saw when I started way back in the UT days, I made a pledge to get a Chargeroo jersey with his old number. He was kind enough to supply it.

But afterward, I started thinking....am I being weird? Or perhaps a little melodramatic? I have always admired the maturity, grace, and levity Roo brings to the forums (that's long speak for "he isn't a jerk") but we aren't exactly close or "besties"....am I going overboard? So as I am pondering this, I share Roo's story with my wife and youngest son who still lives at home. Well....that settled THAT....

Welcome to the family, Chargeroo!!!...you are now officially in the rotation...and have first chair for any playoff games and the Superbowl, when we finally get there...that is my son's decree, by the way. He was absolutely floored that you might not get to see us get the big one.

Took me forever messing with the photoshop, but it looks like it finally downloaded...hope everyone can see it.

I am back on board thinking it is a fine thing to celebrate a great fan, as much as we celebrate players...hope this puts a smile on your face. Honestly....it's already my favorite jersey.
        Wow. You made my day! I'm touched by this. Thank you so much for caring.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          Here's the latest on my fight with cancer -
          According to my Oncologist, I'm down to two months now. I don't think he heard that from God though. I really think I have more time left than that left because I'm not feeling that bad.

Here's where I am now - I do get some pain in my lungs but it's not usually very much. I am weak. My legs are so weak that walking is getting to be a problem (thankful for the walker), but for the most part, my breathing isn't too bad. I have oxygen and meds for when the breathing gets bad and they work well. So, overall; so far, so good!

At this point in time, I think it's harder on Arlene than it is on me. I'm content with the idea of going to heaven soon and I'm content with having a couple more years on Earth. God's will be done.

I'll be sure to let you know when Jesus heals me.
          You are probably right Chargeroo.
          I've found doctors to generally be unduly cautious in their assessments.
          Prisoners of their own data, as the saying goes.

You share jersey #36 with Dick Harris - way to go!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

One of the best posts ever by LB !!!
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              Lone Bolt's new jersey

Lone Bolt, just added you to my hero list.

Comment

• Z_Bee
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Praying for you 'Roo. Long time reader/member of UT, chargers forum and here. I always enjoyed your feedbacks and comments.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Z_Bee View Post
                  Praying for you 'Roo. Long time reader/member of UT, chargers forum and here. I always enjoyed your feedbacks and comments.
                  Thanks for that. Welcome to the Powder Blues forum. Stick around and enjoy the off-season gab.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Lone Bolt, just added you to my hero list.
                    Anyone with a penguin for an avatar is alright by me as well:Beer1:

Comment

• Z_Bee
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thanks for that. Welcome to the Powder Blues forum. Stick around and enjoy the off-season gab.
                      Thanks 'Roo. Always enjoy the gab.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I don't know where I should share this but since I started this thread, I guess I'll put it in here. It's too funny to keep to myself.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Many years ago, when my first wife died, I purchased two plots at the cemetery. Yesterday I went out there to make arrangements for my own burial. I picked the lowest-priced casket they have and opted for no funeral, just pick up my body, put it in the casket, and bury me in the plot that's already for. Are you ready for this - that costs just a little under $9,000! If you want to have a viewing and a graveside service, the price soars! If I had made these same arrangements twenty-five years ago when I purchased the plots the cost would have been less than $3,000. There's a lesson there!
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X