• Show
Clear All
  • nomad1946
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2017
    • West Yellowstone, Montana
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Sorry to hear this Roo. I am glad you have found the strength of your faith to help you through this. It is an unfortunate fact that we all pass on at some time, how we face it says a lot about us.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
      Day One...
      • Mar 2019
      • Brentwood, 94513
      • Send PM

Dam, Roo. Your post are the ones I look forward to reading. We tend to think alike. Sorry about what you’re going through. Life is a tricky thing. Mad mojo to you, brother. I do hope you outlast that timeframe. Thank you for being you and hope you are still you for a long time.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Roo, thank you for your years of insight, emotionally grounded posts and positive hopeful outlook at all times. I have greatly appreciated your presence on this and the old Chargers forum. I wish you peace and comfort. I hope and pray that you are granted a 2022 season. We will get there for you!
        Thanks jamrock, I sure would love to be around for one more year but it'll take a miracle since they give me 3 months tops. At least, I do have the memory of the butt-kicking the Chargers gave the Patriots at Balboa Stadium for the AFC Championship game. That was so much fun - Keith Lincoln went for a ton of yards and TD's that day. Good memory! We went bowling after that game and I had a great night bowling too - what a great fun time!
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

gonna miss you Roo
          start cmb in heaven mate

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Love you brother. And while we have discussed this privately. Id like to openly profess how much you mean to me personally. Your faith. Your fight. The way you look at life. You inspire me to be a better man. Thank you for showing me what courage and resolve look like. What acceptance and passion for life looks like.

Love you with so much Aloha Terry.

Comment

• Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

Roo- I don't post much on the board, but am an avid reader daily and truly enjoy reading your comments and insight/perspective on our Bolts. You've seen a Chargers championship that most of us haven't experienced, and when Herbo carries our Bolts to the next title, we will all rejoice! Peace and all the best to you, Chargers brother.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Thank you for sharing yourself with us Roo
                I'm honored to have known you even a bit and from a distance.
                I will forever spell the raiders with a lower case "r"
                We'll get em back for you soon enough brother.
                .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Most of you are aware that I've been having a battle with lung cancer for the past six months. I had a procedure this week to find out why my breathing has slipped so bad. I'm sorry to report that the outlook is grim. The tumor is blocking the breathing tube to my right lung. All my breathing now is through the smaller left lung. There's nothing that can be done about it. The Oncologist tells me I have between 3 weeks and 3 months left. I was so looking forward to this year's off-season and a better team for next season. For the first time since 1961, I won't be watching the Chargers.

Happily, I am a born-again follower of Jesus so I know I'll be in heaven. When I get there, I'll be pain-free and breathing well with my new glorified body. I hate the thought of leaving my great wife and all of my loved ones but if God wants me in Heaven, I'm ready. I'm excited to see our Lord someday soon.

Jesus told us that he will prepare a place for us. I hope he builds me a place built out of one of my favorite woods! ") I'll be excited to see that place.

I guess it would be wrong to ask for a boat and a large screen TV that plays the Chargers game every week. I'll just trust in the Lord with all my heart.

I will continue to read in the forum and post for however long I'll be able to.

I'll miss the many Bolt brothers I've made over the years. I've known a few of you since the old days in the UT forum. Thanks to each of you for being a friend to me and thanks so much to Fleet who made this forum available to all of us.
                  Roo, you have always been the voice of wisdom and maturity on every Chargers forum I've been in with you. I am so sorry the Chargers have never won a Super Bowl for you, and that Herbert and the team aren't in the playoffs this year for you to enjoy. But I've been around long enough to see friends defy the predictions of the best doctors and live much longer than the prognosis that was originally given them. And while you may be leaving loved ones behind, you will be reunited with loved ones who have gone before you. I am sure of it. God bless you Roo.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Damn...so sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing.

You will be missed, but not forgotten.

I'm glad you have your faith. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I love you like a brother, Chargeroo,
                      and will help keep the fire going on TPB
                      until we hoist The Lombardi.

Trenchers forever.
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • victoria b.c.
                        • Send PM

So sorry to hear this Roo.
                        I have always enjoyed reading your posts here and on the old CMB. Prayers to you and your family.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Roo it’s been a good ride going all the way back to the early UT days. Go easy bud and there’s plenty of ice cream where you’re going. :cheers:

Go Chargers

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡