• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Roo, thoughts, prayers and mojo your way my friend!

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Thank you everything, Roo. You will always be remembered here.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thanks jamrock, I sure would love to be around for one more year but it'll take a miracle since they give me 3 months tops. At least, I do have the memory of the butt-kicking the Chargers gave the Patriots at Balboa Stadium for the AFC Championship game. That was so much fun - Keith Lincoln went for a ton of yards and TD's that day. Good memory! We went bowling after that game and I had a great night bowling too - what a great fun time!
        I will pray for that miracle. We all need a miracle once in a while. And this post is one of the many reasons I have enjoyed your presence on these forums for so many years!!! I went to a few games at Blaboa but was too young for that game. Oh boy, would I love to have that memory of whipping the Patriots for a championship! Your memory brings it to life. You’re a treasure!

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Love the positives you have in your post...

Take care!

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

You will forever be part of us. In all forms and future plans. A pillar that is part of our foundation. We're gonna drop a Bolt for you Roo.

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Prayers brother! May the Lord be with you. May He also provide physical, emotional, and spiritual healing during this challenging time. The true joy will soon come. Hopefully not until after a Super Bowl victory. But regardless, I hope you will be with us as long as He wills it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Roo
                What a wonderful statement you wrote about the future that lies ahead of you
                I can see you are a man of faith and that faith will help you on this journey you will be taking

thank you for sharing and sending you godspeed and best wishes
                will be thinking of you

Bob

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Roo...

I have a personal question. When you played ball, what was your jersey number? Or, what is your favorite jersey number?

Before you protest, brother, I am not going to send you a jersey...it's not for you...its for me.

I have a birthday in July, and my son is tired of my old and small selection of jerseys, and wants to get me a new one. But I am very picky, and can never decide...I only pick a player who is a true Charger icon with all or most of their career with the bolts....Fouts, Junior, LT...you get the idea.

Well sir, in my mind, you have tenure over them all. I can think of nothing better to wear, to have you with us on game day....and on the day we finally bring home the Lombardi...your handle, one of the first ones I remember from back in the UT days, is a fine one...and I have greatly appreciated your level headed contributions over the years. A number to go with it would be great...if you don't have one, I suppose 00 or 01 would do...but if you do, and are willing to share it, that would be great.

One thing though...when my youngest goes off to college, and I'm back to watching the games by myself, and I'm wearing your jersey...I'll probably talk to you a bit...I used to do that, before my boys were old enough to watch with me...no other Charger fans around here, you see...hope that's not a problem. I'll try not to curse.

May your final days be as comfortable and joyful, with your family, as possible...and may your next adventure be a fine one.

Bart Spaid
                  AKA -Lone Bolt

Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
                  (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
                  23. A. Mitchell WR
                  37. K. Jenkins DT
                  69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
                  110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
                  181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
                  253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Roo...

I have a personal question. When you played ball, what was your jersey number? Or, what is your favorite jersey number?

Before you protest, brother, I am not going to send you a jersey...it's not for you...its for me.

I have a birthday in July, and my son is tired of my old and small selection of jerseys, and wants to get me a new one. But I am very picky, and can never decide...I only pick a player who is a true Charger icon with all or most of their career with the bolts....Fouts, Junior, LT...you get the idea.

Well sir, in my mind, you have tenure over them all. I can think of nothing better to wear, to have you with us on game day....and on the day we finally bring home the Lombardi...your handle, one of the first ones I remember from back in the UT days, is a fine one...and I have greatly appreciated your level headed contributions over the years. A number to go with it would be great...if you don't have one, I suppose 00 or 01 would do...but if you do, and are willing to share it, that would be great.

One thing though...when my youngest goes off to college, and I'm back to watching the games by myself, and I'm wearing your jersey...I'll probably talk to you a bit...I used to do that, before my boys were old enough to watch with me...no other Charger fans around here, you see...hope that's not a problem. I'll try not to curse.

May your final days be as comfortable and joyful, with your family, as possible...and may your next adventure be a fine one.

Bart Spaid
                    AKA -Lone Bolt
                    In my younger days, I wore #36, played LB. I so loved playing football. Where else can you go knock people on their rear and get applause for it! I'm almost surprised I still remember my number, it's been a long time! I've always been kind of good with numbers though. I still recall my Marine Corps id number although it's been about 70 years since anyone asked me.
                    Thanks for your very kind words.

Roo = Terry
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

God Bless you, you old Marine......Semper fidelis. I have asked my mom to come greet you and make you welcome in the kingdom of heaven. She has been there for over 10 years so she'll know all of the cool spots. Her name is Liz and I am her youngest Marty so I would ask that you give her a hug for me.

Cheers 36 and thank you for making this a better place.

Comment

• bartman83642
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Roo, so sorry to hear that. Always like reading your posts and seeing what you have to say about things. Praying that your doctors are wrong but at the same time if they are right...I will be happy for you that you will be in a better place than this.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Healing prayers for Roo are sent with great care.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍