First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleet 1
    replied
    Ok so chargeroo.....

Boltx was the big winner of our Jersey Giveaway. And he has asked me to give it to you.

I will need you to pick out a jersey on the chargers pro shop and send it to me.

In fact i will also mention this is our PM together.

Aloha

Cheers to you Boltx. You are a good man indeed. Last 2 jerseys were given away by their winners. DMAC and Boltx. Thats the community im proud of being part of.

Leave a comment:

• Bolts&noles
    replied
    Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Don't think for a moment that I don't appreciate all the kindness and prayers I've received from my fellow Charger fans. I sure do. But, I want everyone to know that I'm just another guy. The difference between me and many others is the strength I get from God. I believe the Bible is inspired by God - Almighty God. So, because I believe that, I lean on it. I trust Gods words and I'm willing to live by them as much as I possibly can. Like everyone, I sometimes sin but I sure try not to and I quickly ask forgiveness. I believe Philippians 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me . I believe that and I ask Jesus for help all the time and He helps me.

So far as my health, I believe the Lord can keep me alive for a long time yet and I believe He can take me to heaven any minute and I'm okay either way because I can do all things through Christ!

I've probably said way too much about faith already, but I recently had a minor miracle and I'm going to tell you about it. Some of you won't believe it, I almost can't believe it myself, but here's what happened;
    I went to the bathroom because I needed to pee. Somehow, I fell flat on my face. My left arm was caught in this wrought iron towel holder and it was very painful and bleeding bad. My head had hit the tub and split the skin on my forehead so that was dripping blood on the back of my right hand. I called as loud as I can but my wife didn't respond (turns out she was in the garage), so I tried to raise myself up but I'm so darn weak I couldn't lift myself and I simply fell again I tried two more times but each time I just raised myself up a little and the fell again. I was laying there and I said aloud;"Jesus, help me" and boom! I was suddenly standing . I was thinking maybe he will give me a bit more strength but he did way better than that. so now, I never hesitate to tell people to "lean on Jesus".

Fleet - I'll understand if you think I went to far here and you delete this.
    All glory to the most high Roo.
    that's beautiful.
    The word has changed me and my family's life the relationships I've built and been motivate to be a man of the most high in the community.

Leave a comment:

• pigskin
    replied
    Fleet, your one in a million. Roo, you are one in a billion. Love you both!
    Bolt up!

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied
    Originally posted by RobH View Post

Fleet,

That was about as well stated as any response could be. You’re a beautiful man.

Cheers
    Man i really do appreciate the Aloha brother. Mahalo.

Leave a comment:

• RobH
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

This is your thread my man. Its never too much or too little. Its perfection because you said it. And if you end up with God soon...i want as much of you as i can get. You are like my spiritual mentor here. Wether people choose to believe in God or not...we live in a totally divided society right now...and all you do is promote unity. Even with non believers...you dont attack...you dont label or cancel...you just love. You see the good in just about everyone and everything.

You are a light in a dark world. And i will always have your back. And that goes for anyone here who is dealing with very tough life situations.
    Fleet,

That was about as well stated as any response could be. You’re a beautiful man.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
    So Roo......what do you think about Alt? 6-8.5 and 322 pounds!

i was hoping for guy at least 6'9''.
    .Actually, after reading all I have about Harbaugh and his staff, I expected Alt to be the pick. I keep thinking that bouth Junior and LT ere fifth picks and hope Alt will also be good enough to end up in the HOF

Leave a comment:

• bartman83642
    replied
    Roo, I haven't been on the site for a while and wasn't sure if you would still be with us or not. I am sure that I can't say anything more than others on here already have but have continued to pray for you even though I haven't been posting. I hope you can continue to find some joy in things like the draft and football talk. Your inner strength and faith is amazing and I imagine more powerful than most here and definitely more than myself. Bless you.

Leave a comment:

• La Costa Boy
    replied
    So Roo......what do you think about Alt? 6-8.5 and 322 pounds!

Leave a comment:

• chargeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Wow. That's a great video.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• boldarblood
    replied
    Roo,

Don't know you nor have we ever communicated in the forums. I have been an occasional poster, mostly lurker since the old board days and early UT SD Chargers, and the old Chargers message board. Chargers run deep in my family, as Fleet 1 can probably say. While I have never met Fleet, my family has been friends with his family for many decades. My grandfather was a massive Chargers fan, has been in the local paper a few times in the 80s/90s. This community is the best of the best that I have ever seen. It's led me to find people much like yourself my friend.

Thank you for sharing your journey, faith and fight. I bring this up as you have given me personally more than I can express in words, as they don't do justice to it. During your fight, I've witnessed my mom go through the fight of her life. She survived s4 Breast Cancer metastasized to her lymph nodes back in 2009, 2019 she passed her 10 year mark. Sometime in 2021 , during a x-ray in 2021 it was discovered to have gotten into her lungs. Reading your journey over the years has given me great perspective on my moms Heroes Fight during this time. Like you, she was a warrior and my family found power through faith. I fight my faith, but you have opened my eyes.

Your faith has given me personal strength as well. I have gone through my own personal fight. Watching your story over the years has made my journey through my own health crisis that I have gone through, while not terminal I shouldn't be here. When I had my doubts, my tough days, the trials that we deal with. I often asked myself WWRD? You made a difference and I should have said so years ago. Back in 2018 I ended up catching a flesh eating disease called necrotizing fasciitis, along with a compound fracture, MRSA, Gangrene, Septic all from a compound fracture. It has left me being a above the knee amputee with nerve damage, severe phantom leg pains. Been in and out of hospitals since.

Your ability to carry yourself with grace, power, spirit, and much more has given me relief through both of these life changing times in my life. You are a true inspiration and has made me look at my mom's, who is my hero as well for what she has gone through.

So, thank you, you mean more to me than I can express. So I simply say thank you. You are a beautiful human.

Godspeed my friend, these are not goodbyes to our loved ones, but rather until I next see you. MLMR.

Jason.

Leave a comment:

• Craig440
    replied
    Roo I can't tell you how much you have inspired me. We share that we have been Charger fans since they came to San Diego. We share a believe in God and Jesus. I am far from the devoted man you are and you give me increased insight.

Thank you!

We have never met in person but I know we sat in Balboa stadium together. I hope you get to see the draft and even a super bowl season. I will never forget you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X