Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

OT: The Latest News On My Health

Most of you are aware that I've been having a battle with lung cancer for the past six months. I had a procedure this week to find out why my breathing has slipped so bad. I'm sorry to report that the outlook is grim. The tumor is blocking the breathing tube to my right lung. All my breathing now is through the smaller left lung. There's nothing that can be done about it. The Oncologist tells me I have between 3 weeks and 3 months left. I was so looking forward to this year's off-season and a better team for next season. For the first time since 1961, I won't be watching the Chargers.

Happily, I am a born-again follower of Jesus so I know I'll be in heaven. When I get there, I'll be pain-free and breathing well with my new glorified body. I hate the thought of leaving my great wife and all of my loved ones but if God wants me in Heaven, I'm ready. I'm excited to see our Lord someday soon.

Jesus told us that he will prepare a place for us. I hope he builds me a place built out of one of my favorite woods! ") I'll be excited to see that place.

I guess it would be wrong to ask for a boat and a large screen TV that plays the Chargers game every week. I'll just trust in the Lord with all my heart.

I will continue to read in the forum and post for however long I'll be able to.

I'll miss the many Bolt brothers I've made over the years. I've known a few of you since the old days in the UT forum. Thanks to each of you for being a friend to me and thanks so much to Fleet who made this forum available to all of us.

EDIT _ FLEET - Religious Permission
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

In the tradition of this board, massive Mojo to you! Best you hear this now, but you are a great member on here.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Roo all the best wishes and moral support I can offer, brother.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Wow Roo, your strength and courage is an inspiration. May you continue to be at peace and may you feel the love of all those around you as make this journey. Peace and love brother...
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          Most of you are aware that I've been having a battle with lung cancer for the past six months. I had a procedure this week to find out why my breathing has slipped so bad. I'm sorry to report that the outlook is grim. The tumor is blocking the breathing tube to my right lung. All my breathing now is through the smaller left lung. There's nothing that can be done about it. The Oncologist tells me I have between 3 weeks and 3 months left. I was so looking forward to this year's off-season and a better team for next season. For the first time since 1961, I won't be watching the Chargers.

Happily, I am a born-again follower of Jesus so I know I'll be in heaven. When I get there, I'll be pain-free and breathing well with my new glorified body. I hate the thought of leaving my great wife and all of my loved ones but if God wants me in Heaven, I'm ready. I'm excited to see our Lord someday soon.

Jesus told us that he will prepare a place for us. I hope he builds me a place built out of one of my favorite woods! ") I'll be excited to see that place.

I guess it would be wrong to ask for a boat and a large screen TV that plays the Chargers game every week. I'll just trust in the Lord with all my heart.

I'll miss the many Bolt brothers I've made over the years. I've known a few of you since the old days in the UT forum. Thanks to each of you for being a friend to me and thanks so much to Fleet who made this forum available to all of us.
          Roo, praying for you and your family.

Someday in the future Ill see you and we will have a very long time to talk about things with no pain or old bodies getting in the way.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Sorry and hope you get a miracle so you can watch the Chargers from down here next year.

Comment

• Eurobolt
              *** Jim Harbaugh ***
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Prayers.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Prayers for sure coming your way. Glad you are managing it with grace brother. We all will have our time right. Love the family the most. Know we will be rooting our Chargers on and arguing politely on the board! Keep up the spirits…we are here for support.

Kevin

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm so very sorry to hear that. I was born in 61, so you may be the only one on this board who has been a fan longer than I. Ive enjoyed reading your posts for years. Prayers, and best wishes to you and your family.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Prayers to you and your family, Roo. Maybe we can catch a Bolts game together on the other side. Keep the faith!

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Ah man, Roo. I'm so sorry to hear this awful news. I'm sorry we couldn't deliver a Super Bowl win for you this year. It has been great talking to you on-line and I've always enjoyed your perspective. You have an amazing outlook on life... one that we could all aspire to. In life, I think we'd all like to think that we have inspired people. Know that you have, brother!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Roo, thank you for your years of insight, emotionally grounded posts and positive hopeful outlook at all times. I have greatly appreciated your presence on this and the old Chargers forum. I wish you peace and comfort. I hope and pray that you are granted a 2022 season. We will get there for you!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍