• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
    I invited my friend here who is George Pernicanos cousin and has stories. He's 68 years old like me. I hope he shows up because you will like his stories.
    Thanks for sharing those stories. My parents at one time were pretty good friends with the Pernicanos. I was told I met George but was so young I don't have memories of him as my parents moved out of San Diego when I was very young. I do remember his brother Frank though as my siblings and I got back to San Diego to visit him when I was a bit older. I remember taking the phone call at home when "Uncle Frank" as we used to call him passed away. All these years later and I am hearing some really cool stories about the family. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I wish we can have a thread about the bible. It's more than just something you read. It's the truth to wake people up about the reality of the world we live in. If no one wants to do it, I'm willing to. Also, I think it would be great to have it to honor Chargeroo.
      I would be all for that.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Yeah guys threads about religion are a 100% fail here. You cant just keep those who dont agree with it out. You are asking me to babysit something that has been nothing but divisive. I love Christ. And i dont feel like im denying him here. I am trying to keep this forum the way it is. And thats free from personal attacks and constant bashing. Thats how those threads end up. Always.

I made a rule to allow the discussion of religion if a member like Roo is dying. Its the best i can do to protect the entire forum.

Please understand my stance on this. Its never worked. Not even in the OT forum. Most of you should know this.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          Yeah guys threads about religion are a 100% fail here. You cant just keep those who dont agree with it out. You are asking me to babysit something that has been nothing but divisive. I love Christ. And i dont feel like im denying him here. I am trying to keep this forum the way it is. And thats free from personal attacks and constant bashing. Thats how those threads end up. Always.

I made a rule to allow the discussion of religion if a member like Roo is dying. Its the best i can do to protect the entire forum.

Please understand my stance on this. Its never worked. Not even in the OT forum. Most of you should know this.
          Sounds like a great opportunity for an online meet-up group. Seriously. Just invite similar thinking folks to your group and everything should be more/less fine.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Sounds like a great opportunity for an online meet-up group. Seriously. Just invite similar thinking folks to your group and everything should be more/less fine.
            Meet where? lol This isnt FB i cant create TPB groups.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Religion and politics just can't be discussed on a sports forum, which brings together people from disparate backgrounds and beliefs. It will always devolve into a quagmire, especially in today's environment.

I think your exception for Roo works though: His life is coming to an end and he is preparing for it, sharing his journey with this forum. He is a long time member of this and other Chargers forums. So many people here have known his persona for years. He is always respectful and keen with his observations. I think we all can learn, and benefit, from Roo sharing this journey with us.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Religion and politics just can't be discussed on a sports forum, which brings together people from disparate backgrounds and beliefs. It will always devolve into a quagmire, especially in today's environment.

I think your exception for Roo works though: His life is coming to an end and he is preparing for it, sharing his journey with this forum. He is a long time member of this and other Chargers forums. So many people here have known his persona for years. He is always respectful and keen with his observations. I think we all can learn, and benefit, from Roo sharing this journey with us.
                Its the Roo Rule. Ill allow if for anyone. And ill moderate that thread. The only way i could ever allow those types of discussions is to create a private hidden forum and usergroup. And those who want to debate it can request to be in that private part of the forum. But its a little bit of a chore for me to do that at the moment. Im just swamped with work here.

But again...the discussions are never civil. Think about it....we have Roo close to the end and few guys just had to be total pricks. Even after i changed the rule to allow those who are dying to talk about whatever religion they want.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Meet where? lol This isnt FB i cant create TPB groups.
                  Meet online first - in a group - and then see what happens. If the group members are close enough in proximity maybe you meet in a church one day out of the week?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

By way of encouragement, I have religious views, completely appreciate the limited exception made in Roo's case, which is awesome, and yet also understand the need for the general rule of not getting into such matters for the reasons you have stated.

So, I just wanted to say that I do not think you could have done this any better than you have done it.

And thank you.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

By way of encouragement, I have religious views, completely appreciate the limited exception made in Roo's case, which is awesome, and yet also understand the need for the general rule of not getting into such matters for the reasons you have stated.

So, I just wanted to say that I do not think you could have done this any better than you have done it.

And thank you.
                      That means a lot to me. Thanks man. Aloha

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And thank you.
                        Yes!

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Its the Roo Rule. Ill allow if for anyone. And ill moderate that thread. The only way i could ever allow those types of discussions is to create a private hidden forum and usergroup. And those who want to debate it can request to be in that private part of the forum. But its a little bit of a chore for me to do that at the moment. Im just swamped with work here.

But again...the discussions are never civil. Think about it....we have Roo close to the end and few guys just had to be total pricks. Even after i changed the rule to allow those who are dying to talk about whatever religion they want.
                          For what is worth, I could see the wisdom in shutting down the religious thread. Too much room for arguments that go over the top. Chalk up a win for the devil.

The last thing I ever want to do is to mess up this forum. It's run so well and is a great place to come to when you need a break from some of the bad things that happen to us as we go through each day. In my case, it's become a very important thing to me as I am unable to do much other than sitting around.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡