• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

Thank you so much for sharing with us what is so valuable, time. God Bless You

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Thanks for all you’ve shared. I hope she knows that you’ve had a positive effect to many in this online community. If she’s willing, would you have her make one final post after you pass using your login? I don’t mean to impose, but I know for many of us it would provide a sense of closure. If she sticks around for a little while, I’m sure she’ll read some additional kind words that will hopefully make it to Maui with her.

As to the narcotics and the pain, there isn’t a right answer. I’m a surgeon and more familiar with death than most people. At this point, you do what’s right for you. There may be pain, but if it is outweighed by spending time with your loved ones (and in this forum), go for it. Again, do what’s right for you. I’m glad to be a part of the community that has provided some enjoyment for you, and I appreciate what you’ve provided to me, both in this thread and also with some damn solid football takes.

Also, congrats on knowing that your wife will be in good shape financially. It may seem trivial to some, but I personally recognize that it represents a selfless act of love.
      God speed to you Roo. You are an inspiration in how you are handling this phase of your life and next part in the afterlife as it were

and I agree with parcells, keeping your wife in good shape financially is not trivial to me either. I do my best to make sure my wife is taken care of if I leave this planet first

Again, god speed to you Roo - I hope to possess 1% of your bravery, strength and faith in life

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I've been thinking it's probably time for me to update so thanks for the reminder. Before I go on, I just want to say God bless you for your attitude about all this.

Here's where I am now. My breathing grows more shallow every day. I'm so weak that I can hardly believe it's me. I doubt I could lift 25 pounds now. Without my walker and wheelchair I'd be confined to a hospital bed. They gave me a pill that helps my breathing but makes me pee myself - I'm an old Marine, I refuse to go down peeing myself. They gave me morphine for the pain in the lungs but I hate to take it because it takes control of me, so avoid it as long as I can. My hospice nurse says I'm torturing myself. I say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me".

According to the doctor, I'll be dead in ten days. He says the outside chance I have is the 12th. I'm sure God didn't give him that date so
        I'm praying that Jesus will remove the tumors and I'll slowly return to good health.

When I read and post in the Powder Blues I find that I can do so as if I know I'll be around for the coming draft and season. I don't know if that's the right attitude but I don't know this forum takes some of the reality of my situation off my mind for a while and I'm thankful for that.

If it’s God's will that I come to Heaven, I plan to die with dignity, unafraid and happy to go, and I can do that through Christ, who strengthens me.
        We all walk the Long Road and some of us are just further down the path than others. Roo, your courage and faith are an inspiration to all of us and your leadership is showing us that we too WILL make this journey and it WILL all be okay. Peace, Love and much Respect Roo.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Roo your courage has been an inspiration to me. I lost my father to cancer when I was a senior is HS so reading what you are going through brought back a lot of memories for me. Godspeed to you and your family

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

More prayers for you and your family Roo. Even knowing the Lord myself, I can tell you are facing this with far more inner strength than I could hope for. Regardless of the outcome or when it happens (I have known people who much to the doctor's surprise went far beyond their timeline) thank you for being an inspiration here.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

The way you look at this end is simply inspiring. God bless you Roo, I will always feel that I have a friend in Oregon.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

I've been thinking it's probably time for me to update so thanks for the reminder. Before I go on, I just want to say God bless you for your attitude about all this.

Here's where I am now. My breathing grows more shallow every day. I'm so weak that I can hardly believe it's me. I doubt I could lift 25 pounds now. Without my walker and wheelchair I'd be confined to a hospital bed. They gave me a pill that helps my breathing but makes me pee myself - I'm an old Marine, I refuse to go down peeing myself. They gave me morphine for the pain in the lungs but I hate to take it because it takes control of me, so avoid it as long as I can. My hospice nurse says I'm torturing myself. I say "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me".

According to the doctor, I'll be dead in ten days. He says the outside chance I have is the 12th. I'm sure God didn't give him that date so
                I'm praying that Jesus will remove the tumors and I'll slowly return to good health.

When I read and post in the Powder Blues I find that I can do so as if I know I'll be around for the coming draft and season. I don't know if that's the right attitude but I don't know this forum takes some of the reality of my situation off my mind for a while and I'm thankful for that.

If it’s God's will that I come to Heaven, I plan to die with dignity, unafraid and happy to go, and I can do that through Christ, who strengthens me.
                Roo...I just noticed the "Fan since 1961" subtitle. I also just read a reply from someone who said that they feel they will "always have a friend in Oregon". By any chance are you the same poster who used to go by the handle Portland1961?

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

I'm rooting for you. Whatever's best for you.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Prayers are with you, roo. This place will dim.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Thinking of you today, Roo, and every day, hoping that you are as comfortable as possible.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Roo you still with us brother? Thinking about you. Prayers buddy.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Yes, I'm still here. I'm rounding third and heading toward home.

Not too much to comment on now while we await the draft.
                          My hospice nurse thinks I have about three weeks left.
                          Breathing is hard and when the breathing is hard, everything is hard.
                          I've been listening to soft piano music and drifting off to sleep now and then.

I shouldn't complain though because most of my life I've been healthy and strong. God has blessed me with a very nice life and what I'm dealing with now is kind of normal for this late in life. (Not necessarily the cancer but the slow deterioration of the body). I can do this.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡