• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts54 View Post
    Roo, I have been watching from afar and drawn strength and wisdom from you. Turns out my own battle with the big C has taken a turn for the worse. Hate to bring the board down but had to chime in that your posts have been really hitting home with me now. I was diagnosed with a form of leukemia a little over a year ago which has, to use the words of my hematologist a few days ago, "taken hold." Just before last season, my bloodwork indicated I'd make it thru to game 17. Scary how quickly all that changed last week. I split season tickets with a couple of others so normally the schedule announcement would be a day of excitement as I'd get ready to lay claim to a few games. Instead, that emotion has been replaced with a bunch of questions. Will I be there? Do I bail on the group now?
    Enough about my issues. I can't add much to what has already been said. God be with you. If I make it to my first tailgate, know that a toast to you will be the first order of the day! Who knows, maybe we'll both be there!
    Sorry to hear that Bolts54 and I hope your tailgate wish and much more happens.

I have a golf buddy that got diagnosed with a form of leukemia a month ago and he’s undergoing regular radiation therapy while still playing golf several days a week. He’s a sturdy SOB! The radiation isn’tt a cure…just a temporary measure while he awaits a bone marrow transplant. Was that not an option for you?

Anyways, best wishes and prayers for you.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Roo how are you? Bolts54 you hanging in there? Praying.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
        Roo how are you? Bolts54 you hanging in there? Praying.
        I'm holding my own.
        How is your health?
        I'm praying for you and Bolts54.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm holding my own.
          How is your health?
          Yeah you are!!!!

All good buddy. The state of TPB is strong. Always praying for this community brother.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

I'm holding my own.
            How is your health?
            Roo we're gonna ride this train all the way to Glendale AZ for the Super Bowl and you are gonna experience that sweet victory

Comment

• Bolt4Life
              BoltedUpTailgaters.com
              • Feb 2019
              • Tailgate Coordinating
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts54 View Post
              Roo, I have been watching from afar and drawn strength and wisdom from you. Turns out my own battle with the big C has taken a turn for the worse. Hate to bring the board down but had to chime in that your posts have been really hitting home with me now. I was diagnosed with a form of leukemia a little over a year ago which has, to use the words of my hematologist a few days ago, "taken hold." Just before last season, my bloodwork indicated I'd make it thru to game 17. Scary how quickly all that changed last week. I split season tickets with a couple of others so normally the schedule announcement would be a day of excitement as I'd get ready to lay claim to a few games. Instead, that emotion has been replaced with a bunch of questions. Will I be there? Do I bail on the group now?
              Enough about my issues. I can't add much to what has already been said. God be with you. If I make it to my first tailgate, know that a toast to you will be the first order of the day! Who knows, maybe we'll both be there!
              Hey dude. You don't know me. I was on the CMB from when I was a kid at 14 years old in 2004 until it's demise.

I run a nice little tailgate club. WHEN you make it to that week 1 game against the Turds, we would love to host you. You can send me a DM on here but I might not see it as I came here to check on Chargeroo, If you go to our website and fill out the contact us form or DM me on Twitter we would love to host you at our tailgate for free. Please let me know and the offer is there.

Www.BoltedUpTailgaters.com or @Vrabel56 on Twitter.

Comment

• pigskin
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Southern Oregon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Life View Post

Hey dude. You don't know me. I was on the CMB from when I was a kid at 14 years old in 2004 until it's demise.

I run a nice little tailgate club. WHEN you make it to that week 1 game against the Turds, we would love to host you. You can send me a DM on here but I might not see it as I came here to check on Chargeroo, If you go to our website and fill out the contact us form or DM me on Twitter we would love to host you at our tailgate for free. Please let me know and the offer is there.

Www.BoltedUpTailgaters.com or @Vrabel56 on Twitter.
                Bolt4life, this is great, I praise you for this. If you need a contribution to do this let me know, I would be happy to pitch in to make this a once in a lifetime experience!

Comment

• Bolt4Life
                  BoltedUpTailgaters.com
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Tailgate Coordinating
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post

Bolt4life, this is great, I praise you for this. If you need a contribution to do this let me know, I would be happy to pitch in to make this a once in a lifetime experience!
                  Appreciate the offer man but we are okay. I hope he can make it out to our tailgate Week 1. Raiders Nation is going down.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

very good news.

I spent much of last night and this morning reading an article about the survival rate for people like me that have stage four lung cancer. It's a really long article full of scientific study results, etc. I read through it the best I could and I came to the conclusion that I may have as much as another year to live! I find that to be very good news.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

very good news.

I spent much of last night and this morning reading an article about the survival rate for people like me that have stage four lung cancer. It's a really long article full of scientific study results, etc. I read through it the best I could and I came to the conclusion that I may have as much as another year to live! I find that to be very good news.
                      Praying for at least another year. And then another year after that and so on and so on.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

very good news.

Im wondering if something like L Cysteine could assist your lungs in healing. I know its cancer and likely not. But maybe it can slow things down.

Anyways this news is awesome. Starting my day on a great note. I will keep this thread stuck for 10 years if you happen to take the fight out that far. lol

Love ya braddah.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

very good news.

Great News indeed.

I was reading an article yesterday, or the day before i think about an experimental drug given to those with colon cancer. Dont remember if there were other cancers involved, it wasnt a long article but it said it made the cancer go away for them all quickly. Cant say "Cured" but it helped every one of them seemingly be cancer free. They wont say they have found a cure for cancer as they say they need more data and research but Roo, maybe you can volunteer for some of these things.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X