• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I'm not Quacksaw. I'm his ghost! Having said that...

"Hear *that*, listeners? Chargeroo is surprised! REACTION! La Mesa! Eye wanna hear from EWE! Escondido! Give me a call! Poway! Light up those lines! Everybody into the pattern!!!"

It's all good, 'Roo! Love you, man!
    That’s funny I would have never guessed and had no idea. Man we’ve all been doing this for a long time.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      I'm sure some of the guys here( Fleet, etc....) know your story brother, but for those of us who don't know all the good stuff, any chance of giving us( or hell, just me!) a quick autobiography?
      When you were born, where, where you grew up, went to school, etc....
      Obviously if it's too personal, then that's okay. I'll certainly respect your privacy.
      Semper Fi marine.
      I should have answered this a couple of weeks ago but I've had family visiting and Pastors and friends, etc. It's easing up now until the weekend when some of my grandkids are coming. Anyway, here you go.

I was born in Aurora, IL on July 6, 1935. In 1952 we moved to a farm community, Yorkville, IL. My Dad was an auto mechanic. He had his own shop/gas station. I was a three sport letterman in HS. I didn't go to college, I joined the Marines. A month after my discharge, I married my sweetheart. We had one boy and one girl. My wife died 43 years later.

I worked for AT&T - started as a lineman and worked my way up to management. Retired after 30 years. Studied to be a Pastor and took up woodworking as a hobby. Married my present-day wife nine years after my first wife died. That's almost fourteen years ago now. That's a quick answer to who I am.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I should have answered this a couple of weeks ago but I've had family visiting and Pastors and friends, etc. It's easing up now until the weekend when some of my grandkids are coming. Anyway, here you go.

I was born in Aurora, IL on July 6, 1935. In 1952 we moved to a farm community, Yorkville, IL. My Dad was an auto mechanic. He had his own shop/gas station. I was a three sport letterman in HS. I didn't go to college, I joined the Marines. A month after my discharge, I married my sweetheart. We had one boy and one girl. My wife died 43 years later.

I worked for AT&T - started as a lineman and worked my way up to management. Retired after 30 years. Studied to be a Pastor and took up woodworking as a hobby. Married my present-day wife nine years after my first wife died. That's almost fourteen years ago now. That's a quick answer to who I am.
        You sound like an amazing all American, and someone who became an all-world believer in Christ.

God bless you Roo.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Sounds like a life well lived, and loved!
          Thanks for sharing Roo.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I should have mentioned this - I made furniture and clocks and anything people wanted to be made of wood. People used to ask what I made and my wife quickly answered "sawdust". She thought it was a cute joke. Now, it turns out that all that sawdust I breathed in back then is likely what caused this lung cancer. So if you are into making sawdust, wear a mask.

Also worth mentioning, I have hospice care now. It's a wonderful service. They take care of all my medical needs, including medicine, at no cost to me. Nurses come twice a week and more if needed. They have a Doctor they can call 24 hours a day. They even offer spiritual and therapeutic help for the family. It's hard on the wife watching her husband slowly going downhill so I'm happy she can get some help from the hospice people. If you ever get in this position, don't be afraid of hospice care!
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Take care roo. right...look out for routers! unbelievable mess. anyone that is a San Diego charger fan is part of one family thats just the way it is. So I don't really know ya..but I do in that sense enough to care...heck...u have a lance alworth handle. oh yeah...at the UT forum i used to be quite_frankly. I was banned here for defending charger fan honor.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I should have mentioned this - I made furniture and clocks and anything people wanted to be made of wood. People used to ask what I made and my wife quickly answered "sawdust". She thought it was a cute joke. Now, it turns out that all that sawdust I breathed in back then is likely what caused this lung cancer. So if you are into making sawdust, wear a mask.

Also worth mentioning, I have hospice care now. It's a wonderful service. They take care of all my medical needs, including medicine, at no cost to me. Nurses come twice a week and more if needed. They have a Doctor they can call 24 hours a day. They even offer spiritual and therapeutic help for the family. It's hard on the wife watching her husband slowly going downhill so I'm happy she can get some help from the hospice people. If you ever get in this position, don't be afraid of hospice care!
                Hospice care is wonderful. I have thought about volunteering some of my time to sit with hospice patients and get their life stories, and what they can remember about the generations before them, and putting it into words for the their families.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Hospice care is wonderful. I have thought about volunteering some of my time to sit with hospice patients and get their life stories, and what they can remember about the generations before them, and putting it into words for the their families.
                  What a nice idea. Now, can you follow through on it?
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SBbound
                    Casual fanatic
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Merced/San Diego
                    • Send PM

I should have mentioned this - I made furniture and clocks and anything people wanted to be made of wood.
                    Carpentry is a rewarding calling and you're in good company, there was a special carpenter 2000 years ago. There's something very noble about using your hands to make things for other people. Those things you've made mean more to the recipients then you'll ever know.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

I am both saddened and comforted to see that you have hospice care. Your grace is off the charts.

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Mojo
                        sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Roo, I watched my father in law receive in home care. Those people were angels. And they inspired me to join the board of an organization that offers palliative care. I am so very glad you are taking advantage of the service they provide. You remain in my prayers
                          TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X