• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Here's the latest - they brought me a hospital bed yesterday. They think I'm on my last days but I think I'm holding my own and maybe even improving a bit. I thank Jesus for that.

As for the bed - my recliner is more comfortable and I like it better. Happily, my 'man cave' is large so I have plenty of room for both of them. I'll just ignore the bed for now.

Next time you pray for me, also say a quick prayer for yourself thanking God for those breathes you take everyday because it sure is important!
    Thanks for the update Roo. Here till the end with you. Thank you for being here for us.

Comment

• Berserker76
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Roo will make the first game, and the next and the next... etc. Go Roo!
      Yep, one game at a time, Roo. You can rest up after the SB win.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Here's the latest - they brought me a hospital bed yesterday. They think I'm on my last days but I think I'm holding my own and maybe even improving a bit. I thank Jesus for that.

As for the bed - my recliner is more comfortable and I like it better. Happily, my 'man cave' is large so I have plenty of room for both of them. I'll just ignore the bed for now.

Next time you pray for me, also say a quick prayer for yourself thanking God for those breathes you take everyday because it sure is important!
        Yes it is Roo.
        I hear talk of the third temple being built soon.
        Makes me realize even more any day could be my last and or he could be coming anytime so try to be more obedient in my life.
        I found a great group of people in the last year,that really helps a sinner like me.
        So nice to be able to share this with you.
        Iam 40,my dad is from San Diego so he grew up a chargers fan so naturally I became one..
        Football was my "church" not any more!
        Still like to peak in once in awhile.
        Came on here to look at the scheduled and seen this pinned..
        Great job Fleet.
        Roo where does the nick name come from?
        God Bless brother:-)

Comment

• Bolts54
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2019
          • Send PM

Roo, I have been watching from afar and drawn strength and wisdom from you. Turns out my own battle with the big C has taken a turn for the worse. Hate to bring the board down but had to chime in that your posts have been really hitting home with me now. I was diagnosed with a form of leukemia a little over a year ago which has, to use the words of my hematologist a few days ago, "taken hold." Just before last season, my bloodwork indicated I'd make it thru to game 17. Scary how quickly all that changed last week. I split season tickets with a couple of others so normally the schedule announcement would be a day of excitement as I'd get ready to lay claim to a few games. Instead, that emotion has been replaced with a bunch of questions. Will I be there? Do I bail on the group now?
          Enough about my issues. I can't add much to what has already been said. God be with you. If I make it to my first tailgate, know that a toast to you will be the first order of the day! Who knows, maybe we'll both be there!

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Ah, perspective!
            It's so easy to take for granted what we have.
            Thanks for the reminder, Roo!

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts54 View Post
              Roo, I have been watching from afar and drawn strength and wisdom from you. Turns out my own battle with the big C has taken a turn for the worse. Hate to bring the board down but had to chime in that your posts have been really hitting home with me now. I was diagnosed with a form of leukemia a little over a year ago which has, to use the words of my hematologist a few days ago, "taken hold." Just before last season, my bloodwork indicated I'd make it thru to game 17. Scary how quickly all that changed last week. I split season tickets with a couple of others so normally the schedule announcement would be a day of excitement as I'd get ready to lay claim to a few games. Instead, that emotion has been replaced with a bunch of questions. Will I be there? Do I bail on the group now?
              Enough about my issues. I can't add much to what has already been said. God be with you. If I make it to my first tailgate, know that a toast to you will be the first order of the day! Who knows, maybe we'll both be there!
              Mojo brother!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Mojo for Bolts54 !

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I have added you to my prayer list. Maybe we can pray one another to one more season!

Here's my best advice - think about what is ahead of you in Heaven. (Rev. 21:4) "He will wipe away the tears from our eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain."

In addition to all that we will get to see Jesus face to face. I find that very exciting. It will be hard to leave our families behind but the picture on the other end looks pretty darn good!
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Prayers man. Big time MOJO for you. We have your back.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

I wish you all the best. Whatever is best for you.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                        East Coast Chargers Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                        • Send PM

Lots of prayers and positive mojo to you both

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

I have added you to my prayer list. Maybe we can pray one another to one more season!

Here's my best advice - think about what is ahead of you in Heaven. (Rev. 21:4) "He will wipe away the tears from our eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain."

In addition to all that we will get to see Jesus face to face. I find that very exciting. It will be hard to leave our families behind but the picture on the other end looks pretty darn good!
                          Hey, everybody--

This is *so* Roo. The man is in hospice, adding people to his prayer list. How can you *NOT* love this guy?!?

You are an inspiration, Terry. Sending love and light.

Comment

Working...
                          X