• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BayAreaBoltz
    Chargers Hall of Fame
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Ugh. Every team I had hoped would win this weekend ended up losing. Yup. My football karma is that bad.

I don't want Cincinnati to win as I do not want to repeat the history of Herbert not getting to Super Bowls and other QBs in that draft class getting two rings. Sick of that crap.

I don't want KC to win it for obvious reasons.

I don't want the Rams to win it as I'd prefer the Chargers are the talked about team from L.A. and I would love to see the Rams all-in $$ for a ring this year blow up in their face.

I don't want the 49ers to win it because I live in the Bay Area and I've gotta hear all about it non-stop.

So...damn. I guess the one I have to choose is the 49ers, the least likely to win it all from this group.

Sigh...

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
      Ugh. Every team I had hoped would win this weekend ended up losing. Yup. My football karma is that bad.

I don't want Cincinnati to win as I do not want to repeat the history of Herbert not getting to Super Bowls and other QBs in that draft class getting two rings. Sick of that crap.

I don't want the Rams to win it as I'd prefer the Chargers are the talked about team from L.A. and I would love to see the Rams all-in $$ for a ring this year blow up in their face.

I don't want the 49ers to win it because I live in the Bay Area and I've gotta hear all about it non-stop.

So...damn. I guess the one I have to choose is the 49ers, the least likely to win it all from this group.

Sigh...
      Wow, aside from not living in the Bay Area, this is my feelings to a tee!

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

I don't care who wins in this years playoffs. I don't have any skin in the game so I only care that playoff games for the remainder of the season are like the Chiefs/Buffalo match. I want to be massively entertained with all kinds of Football Drama. That's All! Just thought I'd share this useless piece of information. Back to posting....

:coffee:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Just a reminder, Covid discussions are not allowed, unless related to player availability.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I am with you gzubeck. I have lots of reasons why I don't want teams to win but I am letting that go and looking forward to the entertainment.

One thing that is great for football fans....you have Herbert, Burrow, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson (maybe Lawrence??) all 26 or younger and all outstanding and fun to watch. Game is never over with any of them. And our team is one of the teams who has one of the superstars. Not one of the myriad teams worrying about extending Baker Mayfield or Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr or trading for DeShaun Watson or waiting to hear whether Rodgers or Brady will retire depending on how they feel that day. Or a team with no QB at all like the Steelers, Dolphins, Bears, Colts, Panthers, etc.

And Hupperdoo, I had a football card of Garrison when I was a kid. The really old Gary Garrison who looked liked he was in his 40s, thinning hair greased back, I think I saw a cigarette in his hand (j/K). Probably worth money if I had kept it. But he sure did not look like a WR on that card. Looked like a guy who should be reading the racing forms at a coffee shop.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post

Anybody here remember Gary Garrison? I know see a lot of old Charger names here, but never his much. He play the other side of Lance. I remember Lance was the star, but Gary made a lot of plays. He played at San Diego state and set lots of records there. When I look at Cooper Kupp he reminds of of Garrison. Like some kind of So. Cal surfer who can catch the heck out of the ball. That was Garrison. Number 27. One of my childhood favorites. Ever see a picture of him? The guy looked like Kirk Douglas :>)
              I remember GG. He is No. 5 on the all time Chargers reception yardage list with 7533 yds. He was 4th, but Keenan Allen (8535 yds) passed him this season to capture the No. 4 spot. Garrison had 58 TDs to Allen's 48 TDs though. He doesn't get a lot of attention because he played opposite a legend - Alworth. You're right, strong resemblance to Kirk Douglas.

1968-Topps-036-Gary-Garrison.jpg

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Man I think even if they squib kicked it down the field it burns up at least 6 seconds off the clock.
                Squib kick it. Don’t play like you’re preventing a TD instead of a FG. Double Hill, double Kelce, and have everyone else single covered while rushing two. The goal is to make Mahomes hold the ball as long as possible to eat up clock. Additionally, you can legitimately take one defensive holding penalty without the clock resetting.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Local news is full of stories about how the Rams have tried to limit ticket sales to LA area. Estimates from secondary market sellers are that the game will be 65% SF fans.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Local news is full of stories about how the Rams have tried to limit ticket sales to LA area. Estimates from secondary market sellers are that the game will be 65% SF fans.
                    If you own a couple of $200 tickets and can sell them for $4K, its a no-brainer to sell them. Some may just sell for double the price, I think those are the ones that the Rams hope will hope to not sell. I still think there will be more niner fans in the stadium though, no matter what.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Sigh...
                      I'll be pulling for the Bengals, the least of all evils for me. That franchise has had its share of misery so I can sympathize a bit. Would not surprise me in the least to see the Niners come out on top - that is one plucky team whether you like them or not.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        proven innocent madeline scott GIF by Fox TV

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Sean McDermott - 'We didn’t execute in final 13 seconds of regulation'

Shame the Bills lost their focus for the last 13 seconds. It makes me happy too, as out first
                          year coach already knows how to beat the guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍