• Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sean McVay is just infuriating sometimes as an offensive mind. It feels like he really didn’t want to win the SB again. But luckily he won.
    I also thought McVay sucked yesterday with too many runs and not enough quick passes to Kupp who dominated even double teams as he did all year.
    Kupp, Donald, Stafford, and the defense pulled it out, even with the Bengals gifted a TD on the shitty no call.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

I also thought McVay sucked yesterday with too many runs and not enough quick passes to Kupp who dominated even double teams as he did all year.
      Kupp, Donald, Stafford, and the defense pulled it out, even with the Bengals gifted a TD on the shitty no call.
      It definitely felt like the Rams defense stepped it up and covered for McVay’s stupidity for most of the game. And then he finally realized on that last drive that he didn’t need to run so much, and instead used Stafford and Kupp finally.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2020
        • Send PM

Yeah the Rams defense to me was ultimately the MVP of that game (Kupp was a great choice however).

When the Bengals scored (on that missed face mask) and the Rams offense could not do anything (they were missing OBJ bad), it was the Rams' defense which was key to keeping the game close rather than out of hand.

If the Bengals scored one more time after that, who knows what happens. I was thinking the Rams were done if the Bengals were to score after that INT in the 3rd quarter but their defense started to really play to their potential.

After that 3rd quarter touchdown the Rams defense played great as they made stop after stop, which kept the game within range for a 4th quarter comeback and ultimately were key in stopping the Bengals from making a comeback of their own. Their secondary shut down the dink and dunk, knocking passes down as well as making clean tackles to prevent YAC and their DL/linebackers got to Burrow quickly and consistently to prevent the big routes from forming. Shit, even during that touchdown they had Burrow in a tough spot throwing up underthrown pass that Ramsey may have potentially brought down if it wasn't for a face mask.
        Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 02-15-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍