• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    The Rams ran for 43 yards on 23 carries. Less than 2 yards a carry
    Sean McVay is just infuriating sometimes as an offensive mind. It feels like he really didn’t want to win the SB again. But luckily he won.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    The Rams ran for 43 yards on 23 carries. Less than 2 yards a carry

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    In 50+ years of Super Bowls, no team ever played a Super Bowl in their home stadium. Then for two consecutive years a team in the Super Bowl played in their home stadium and both times that team won. Added to this, never before had a conference championship and the Super Bowl been held in the same stadium.

The Rams winning the Super Bowl is doubly galling for Dean Spanos. Not just because his landlord gets a major boost up on winning the hearts and minds of Los Angeles football fans. He hates the Rams from his childhood. He grew up in Stockton - his family were big 49er fans. Remember, they tried to buy the 49ers first. Dean's father - Alex - placed a bid he thought was fair when the Niners went up for sale in 1977. Owning the 49ers was his dream. But he got out-bid by some other self-made millionaire from Ohio. Buying the Chargers seven years later was a consolation. But the 49ers and Rams have a long-simmering rivalry. So for Dean, the Rams beating the 49ers to get into the Super Bowl then winning it in the market he competes with Rams for dominance, it was a bad day.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    I only watched the 4th Q of the Super Bowl yesterday. I listened to most of it on the drive home after a day in the wine country. It sure appears to me like the Chargers could have beaten either team if they played a good game. In the case of the Bengals, the Chargers did beat them - in Cincinnati. There are no dominant teams anymore in the parity-driven NFL. The Chargers have the QB and the offense to do it.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    The Bengals last 2 offensive plays were disasters. On 3rd and 1 they ran with their back up RB instead of Joe Mixon. He got pulled back and Mixon probably would have had the push to make it. Then on 4th and 1 Burrow got sacked when all they needed was 1 yard. Disaster.

Leave a comment:

• foreigner
    replied
    The Chargers simply can't do that.. they must protect Herbert at all costs....

Our team needs talent... on the RT and the Defense..... we have a poor GM that wont be able to provide talent....

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Chase looks like a generational player to me so hard to knock the pick but they definitely need to rebuild that OL.
    Exactly this. Burrow wanted Chase. The Bengals got Chase for Burrow. Burrow is happy, he's not going to complain about the OL. Chase went on to exceed every expectation they could have had for him. Nobody was expecting the Bengals to reach the Super Bowl, which they were in position to win. The entire team over-achieved. But the top priority this off-season is to upgrade the OL, like the Chargers did for Herbert last year.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Chase looks like a generational player to me so hard to knock the pick but they definitely need to rebuild that OL.
    They made it to big dance this year so that decision was right in picking Chase over Sewell. It’s what they did with the other picks that was questionable. There must have been a better guard than Carmen Jackson in the 2nd. Heck, they needed an upgraded at center too. Should have drafted Creed Humphrey.

Leave a comment:

• MusicMakerInMe
    replied
    Was near the event yesterday and drove by the stadium right before kick-off (saw the flyby) and after the game.

Sea of blue to be honest (can post pictures). Pretty sure most local Rams fans converged on the stadium and the surrounding area. Not to mention the traffic jam and constant honking after the win. Century Blvd. was clogged for hours after the game. I mean, if you're a local fan the place to be was the new SoFi stadium. Most Rams fans here would most likely be there or try to make it there.

I feel bad for Bengals fans though. There are probably not too many native Bengals fans here so I imagine many had to make the trip to practically go to a Rams home game with a stadium surrounded by Rams fans.

I said it before, but the Rams understood a big part of LA's music and native culture before they moved here and that was an enormous factor. As the modern saying goes, "They understood the assignment" and made a terrific execution of that plan. Now they have a Super Bowl win.

There is a big population that still refer to this team as the San Diego Chargers. Going to take a dynasty to not be considered the "other team" in this town at this point and even then this franchise's entire brand needs to get younger, while embracing "LA" without being cringe or look like they're imitating the Rams. Can't fake the funk here.

This franchise has historically not liked taking exciting terrific players like OBJ or Jalen Ramsey because they're cocky or seem selfish but at the end of the day fans love people like that when they're on the team and that's all that really matters. Players like that are a great way to generate some excitement and electricity - again the Rams knew this and it paid off. At the end of the day, the Rams organization exposed what has been holding this franchise back for so long both on and off the field.
    Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 02-14-2022, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMamba88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Burrows injury I believe was courtesy of his OG, Spain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X