Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know most you of noticed. Weddle(what a kiss azz) and Ingram moving forward in the playoffs.

I can't help thinking how our season might have been different if we had kept Ingram. He and Bosa were a good combo.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
      I know most you of noticed. Weddle(what a kiss azz) and Ingram moving forward in the playoffs.

I can't help thinking how our season might have been different if we had kept Ingram. He and Bosa were a good combo.
      Instead of thinking of Ingram I think if Telesco would have been willing to part with a 5th or 6th - what player could he have acquired

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Ingram was 'done' last season and not worth extending. Steelers got a few plays out of him, maybe he woke up after getting back the the AFC West, but there is no guarantee that he was going to do the same with the Chargers. I can't play the "Damn, look at him now" game, you play the hand you are dealt, and draw when you need to.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Well I was hoping the Bills make it all the way. Now I have to hope the Bengals pull off a big upset next Sunday.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I thought this weekend featured the worst combined playoff game performance of any group of divisional playoff teams I have ever seen in over 45 years of watching NFL football.

All 4 games featured a competition of which team wanted to lose the game more. It was pathetic.

Burrow sucked, but Tannehill sucked more. The 49ers offense sucked, but GB's special teams sucked more. The Rams played a stupid coverage to finish off their second half meltdown, but the Bucs refused to let the Rams lose and gave up an equally stupid deep pass to Kupp to set up the win for the Rams.

And tonight we got to see an overrated KC defense that could defend nobody outlast a BUF team that absolutely gave the game away by playing horribly on defense all game long and then going absolutely brain dead in the final 13 seconds to let the Chiefs win on another fluke OT coin toss win.

There was not a team that played this weekend that we would not have wiped out based upon how they played this weekend.
            I suspect you are alone in this as most NFL fans and writers are saying the opposite. It’s life or death in the playoffs and that leads to curious decisions or flat out chokes which has always been part of sports. Were the games perfect masterpieces? No. But perfectly competitive to the end? Yes. And left plenty of room for second guessing, big time plays and excitement. It was great from my perspective

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Ingram was 'done' last season and not worth extending. Steelers got a few plays out of him, maybe he woke up after getting back the the AFC West, but there is no guarantee that he was going to do the same with the Chargers. I can't play the "Damn, look at him now" game, you play the hand you are dealt, and draw when you need to.
              ingram was hurt last season. He would have been much better than Fackrell this past season and not very expensive as it turned out. Plus he’s a chemistry, intangible guy. We lacked that on defense. Chargers have made big misses with guys who were injured in their last year with us that hurt our team building. Going back to Rodney through Adrian Phillips and even Perryman and Ingram. All were better than their replacements.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Do not let Mahomes break containment. Keep him in the pocket. Take away Hill. Accept your victory over the Chiefs.
                Don't know why they didn't keep a dedicated spy on Mahomes, especially on those third down plays...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Mel had enough gas in the tank to have an adrenaline-fueled season with the Chefs...he's been on the downward trend for years...

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Best weekend of football ever.
                    Best Saturday. Not so great Sunday.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He's at the point where he is going to get crucified for whatever he does.....he'll mumble something about the process at his final press conference.
                      The funny thing is that I don’t actually have a problem with Telesco’s strategy. In some ways, he’s even more aggressive than AJ Smith. The problem is that he failed far too much in his execution with draft blunders and FA signings. If he had more success in those areas, we probably would be more successful and make the playoffs more frequently. So it’s a good strategy overall outside of execution which is why he needs to be replaced after Lynn was let go as well.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The funny thing is that I don’t actually have a problem with Telesco’s strategy. In some ways, he’s even more aggressive than AJ Smith. The problem is that he failed far too much in his execution with draft blunders and FA signings. If he had more success in those areas, we probably would be more successful and make the playoffs more frequently. So it’s a good strategy overall outside of execution which is why he needs to be replaced after Lynn was let go as well.
                        My hope for Telesco is that with Staley seeming to have a true sense of what he wants - the success of the 2021 free agent class/draft class will create the same type of success this coming offseason. And with the notion that I think Staley really knows what his team is about and what they need going forward - he will be an even bigger asset in those meeting rooms and decision making process.

I think the Chargers offseason is pretty simple - like last offseason in terms of the positions of need
                        Now its just executing

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Man, a lot Bills fans I know want McDermott fired. I don’t actually blame them. Losing with 13 seconds left could be the new 28-3.

Comment

Working...
                          X