• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I noticed Weddle commit a personal foul and Ingram collect 2 sacks all season while Nwosu had 5 and was emerging as the season progressed.
    I didn't notice the Rams pulling Weddle after that personal foul.....he was pretty much in the entire 4rth Q.

Go to the KC forum and tell them how Ingram had only 2 sacks all season: you'll get bounced from that forum pretty much the moment you hit the send button.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

I see writers talking about plays as being made because that is an easy story to tell as it makes players and teams look good.

But I saw trash, trash and more trash on the fields this weekend. Every team that won got there because of huge mistakes from their opponents more so than because they enforced their will on their opponents, without exception. The victors just happened to be the other team on the field when their opponents gave the game away.
      The old saying is true, "In the NFL more games are lost than won" The Patriots were the best coached and had the smartest players for many years, they won titles without the best rosters in terms of talent alone.
      Even in the playoffs, many players simply don't have it between the ears and never will. We know they are coached up in practice by great coaches yet they make stupid mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I'd love to have an explosive weapon on offense. Chase has done wonders for the Bengals. We've all seen what Hill can do. Those guys are extremely rare but I'd love to see some real speed. That and another RB.
        We had real...never mind.

I like Treylon Burks. If he really runs in the 4.3s (waiting for the combine), then he has major potential as he is big, strong, and is great at making contested catches--like a faster Mike Williams who is better at running with the ball after the catch (pretty wicked stiff arm in addition to being a load to tackle).

I like Breece Hall as the RB. He is big, is also expected to run in the upper 4.3s (still waiting for the combine), and has some solid moves for a player his size. He also has good hands as a receiver. I would split carries between him and Ekeler, keeping both fresh with Jackson as a reliable #3 RB if either Ekeler or Hall gets hurt.

I would let Rountree and Kelley duke it out for the 4th string RB position, which I would be just as happy to give to someone else if they outplayed those two in training camp.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Ingram was 'done' last season and not worth extending. Steelers got a few plays out of him, maybe he woke up after getting back the the AFC West, but there is no guarantee that he was going to do the same with the Chargers. I can't play the "Damn, look at him now" game, you play the hand you are dealt, and draw when you need to.
          By the same thing for the Chargers you mean his 2 sacks and 11 QB hits. That's piss poor. Nwosu was better plus he has a INT.
          Ingrram was motivated by going elsewhere, being signed late formless money and something to prove and that's all he did and Pittsburgh let him go.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

And draft accordingly. Does an NT solve that problem?
            My answer is in the affirmative.

wu's Golden Mock.

Soon...

You don't know ball

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

By the same thing for the Chargers you mean his 2 sacks and 11 QB hits. That's piss poor. Nwosu was better plus he has a INT.
              Ingrram was motivated by going elsewhere, being signed late formless money and something to prove and that's all he did and Pittsburgh let him go.
              I wish people would stop second guessing guys that sucked with us and went onto do better elsewhere, especially guys pass their prime. Sometimes people just do better with a change of scenery. It happens. We’ve been the beneficiary of some of those occasions too ie. Casey Hayward in 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I didn't notice the Rams pulling Weddle after that personal foul.....he was pretty much in the entire 4rth Q.

Go to the KC forum and tell them how Ingram had only 2 sacks all season: you'll get bounced from that forum pretty much the moment you hit the send button.
                Weddle had a whopping 4 tackles to go with his personal foul. Other than the personal foul, he was a non-issue.

Ingram's arrival coincided with KC playing against a bunch of crappy offenses. The narrative that KC is somehow a great defense and Ingram is a valuable piece is pure fiction. In their final 9 regular season games, the Chiefs only played two good offenses in points scored that were healthy when they played and both of them had no trouble scoring against the Chiefs. And you can make that 3 in their past 11 games with the game last night. The three good and healthy offenses averaged 32.7 points per game scored.

If you let my defense play against 70+% crappy and/or unhealthy offenses, I will give you an illusion of an improved defense. Ingram has done dick for them. Nwosu was far superior to Ingram this year and is improving while Ingram is in steep decline. Hell, I think there is a pretty good argument to be made that Fackrell outperformed Ingram this year (more sacks, but fewer tackles).

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                  Tyreek Hill
                  Cooper Cupp
                  Jamarr Chase
                  Deebo Samuel

Something in common.
                  I can’t speak on Deebo since I haven’t paid enough attention to him other than that he’s the ultimate gadget guy. Kupp, however, is completely different from Hill and Chase. He fell in the draft because he was slow. But he had good hands and is an elite route runner. Similar to prime KA and Hunter Renfrow.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

short WRs built like a RB, 4 of the 5 best. Much more valuable than Mike Williams so don't overpay.....and oh yeah the Final Four teams each have one.
                    one guy can be defended through scheme..... chiefs have a team full of speed burners..... no slow players on that roster..... speed kills especially if you have a mobile QB who can buy enough time for speed to out run the defenders and get wide open......

the current NFL rules are set up for speedy runners.... and that is why a smart coach like Reid drafted lots of fast guys, and coached them up......

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

We had real...never mind.

I like Treylon Burks. If he really runs in the 4.3s (waiting for the combine), then he has major potential as he is big, strong, and is great at making contested catches--like a faster Mike Williams who is better at running with the ball after the catch (pretty wicked stiff arm in addition to being a load to tackle).

I like Breece Hall as the RB. He is big, is also expected to run in the upper 4.3s (still waiting for the combine), and has some solid moves for a player his size. He also has good hands as a receiver. I would split carries between him and Ekeler, keeping both fresh with Jackson as a reliable #3 RB if either Ekeler or Hall gets hurt.

I would let Rountree and Kelley duke it out for the 4th string RB position, which I would be just as happy to give to someone else if they outplayed those two in training camp.
                      makes sense..... this team needs multiple speed guys to fully take advantage of Herbert's skills.....

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Damn, I didn’t realized he figured it out after the problems he had earlier this year.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

I see writers talking about plays as being made because that is an easy story to tell as it makes players and teams look good.

But I saw trash, trash and more trash on the fields this weekend. Every team that won got there because of huge mistakes from their opponents more so than because they enforced their will on their opponents, without exception. The victors just happened to be the other team on the field when their opponents gave the game away.
                          I hate to praise the Patriots but that is why they have been the class of the NFL for the last 20 years. They eliminated or reduced the number of mistakes they made and basically out--executed the opponents consistently. They didn't have the best roster every season but they had mentally tough players who knew their jobs and did it for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍