• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Concur with all that is listed.

Another one I'll throw in the ring that has stuck with me was a 2007 regular season game at Tennessee. We were down 14 points in the 4th quarter and just getting physically mauled by them. We staged a comeback including a bunch of 4th downs to take it into OT on a Gates TD catch with just a few seconds left. Then LT went to work in OT and immortalized their poor LB with a stiff arm on a TD run to clinch it.

It wasn't coming back from the 14 points that was a big deal, but just how they flipped a switch and went from getting absolutely beat up to becoming the aggressors and by the end of it, the Titans looked gassed and out of it.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

-- There was a game against the Chiefs when they had Herm Edwards, and we were trailing most of the game. We scored a late TD, kicked an onside kick and recovered it, then went on to score & win in the final seconds. Circa 2008? We weren't very good that year and neither were the Chiefs, that's all I remember.

Edit: found highlights of that last one:

Chargers vs Chiefs 2008 Week 15 - Bing video
      Good memory. I think a loss there would have eliminated us, we then went on to blow out Tampa Bay and Denver in back to back weeks to finish 8-8 and win the AFC West that year LOL.

Norval Turner vs Herm Edwards in that Chiefs game tho....talk about a clash of titans LOL.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Are spectacular games just wins? There have been a lot of good games where the team lost. The game at Lambeau Field in 2015 was good even though we lost to the Packers.

There's many other games I would take over the 2008 game at formerly called Arrowhead Stadium.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
          The Miami playoff comeback in 1995 is up there for me. Memories of Natrone running guys over and Stan's reaction to his TD pass are still burnt into my mind!
          This has to be up there, why is it so often over looked.

This has to be the largest come from behind post season victory in franchise history right? I am going to have to research that.

We were getting worked in the first half until special teams (actually just looked it up and Natrone got stuffed on 4th and 1 at the goal line to set that up, even boss ross played the analytics right lol) set up Reuben Davis for the game changing safety and then we barely scraped together enough of that seasons magic to barely pull this game out. Plus it was at home, had to be one of the wildest home crowds we have ever had.

I didn't check past the Superbowl but there definitely was no 15 point playoff comebacks before that one and I think I would remember any that I saw, against Pitt that year most we were down was 10.
          Last edited by BlazingBolt; 01-28-2022, 04:19 PM.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
            Definitely the first two. All the games on the Bobby Ross run were good. One game that I happened to be at...the 2009 wildcard game against the Peyton Manning Colts...Darren Sproles won it in overtime with a 22 yard scamper. I think John Madden was up in the booth also calling the game with Al Michaels. That game was good.
            The NFL changed the OT rules just because precious Manning lost to the lowly chargers....... loved when Jamal Williams called the OT toss and said to Peyton's face....."heads(or tails I cant remember which).... You Lose!!!"...and manning walked away knowing that winning the toss meant winning the game because neither defense could stop the other's offense at that point in the game..... kind of like the KC/Bills game last weekend.....

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

I cant remember the year, there were 2 games 2 weeks in a row against CIN and i believe DEN, early in Rivers career where he led us to two amazing 17 point come from behind victories of clutch play..... Marty never really let Rivers turn it lose unless we were more than 2 scores down..... so those games we were 3 scores down so marty let the OC and Rivers take over..... since those games would have been lost continuing with martyball..... those showed us what Rivers could do if his coach took the handcuffs off....

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                I cant remember the year, there were 2 games 2 weeks in a row against CIN and i believe DEN, early in Rivers career where he led us to two amazing 17 point come from behind victories of clutch play..... Marty never really let Rivers turn it lose unless we were more than 2 scores down..... so those games we were 3 scores down so marty let the OC and Rivers take over..... since those games would have been lost continuing with martyball..... those showed us what Rivers could do if his coach took the handcuffs off....
                2006, Rivers first year as a starter. Both incredible games.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                  2006 we had back to back comebacks. I think we were down 21 against Cincy and then the next week it was like 17 against Denver. That Denver game was the one where right at the end one of the Denver O-linemen tried to cheap shot Igor Olahansky so he just forearm clubbed the guy on the ground.

I’ll also love the end of the 2008 season where we annihilated Denver to end the Cutler and Shanahan eras in Denver and finish of the 4-8 comeback to make the playoffs.
                  The Bolts were down 28-7 at the half, and 35-7 in the 3rd before stepping on the gas. Best toe tap on the sideline I've ever seen by Keenan McCardle, two TD catches by Manumaleuna, two more from LT.

I haven't ever been able to locate highlights of the comeback in Denver the next week, but I watched it live on the tube and will never forget the exhilaration I felt pulling out the win.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    How the hell did I forget the playoff game against Miami?!? I was at that game. Best game I have ever attended. I was 14 and there with my dad. After Seay caught the go ahead TD pass that stadium was going crazy. Then we almost blew it by letting them get FG attempt. What a game. And we were losing 21-6 at halftime. Definitely one of the greatest Chargers games ever.
                    That was the game where Don Shula drove his golf cart out on to the muddy field during pregame, and left a bunch of tire ruts.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

What makes a game so spectacular ?

1- A playoff win at the last play ?
                      2- An imprevisible win ?
                      3- An OT win ?
                      4- An incredible comeback ?
                      5- A player's memorable performance ?
                      6- Is it possible in a loss ?

It's difficult to make a Top-5, but MIA 81, PIT 94 and IND 09 are unanimous decisions.
                      I try to put that LV 22 in that.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡