• Send PM

Lombardi Interviewed with Texans for HC

Just read this on my phone from usatoday
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Hmmm...

Sounds like some fans might get their wish.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

It would suck to have Herbert go on his third OC in three seasons. I seriously doubt Lombardi will get hired as a HC, not until he has multiple successful seasons with Herbert and the Bolts are in the playoffs.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I think the interview already occurred.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Houston probably needs to make a splash signing, so unless they can figure a way to capitalize on Lombardi's family name to a degree that no else has, I don't think he has that great a shot. It is pretty rare for coordinators with only a year or two experience (as a coordinator) to jump up to be a HC. Anthony Lynn, Chuck Pagano and Staley have done it, but not sure too many others have.

As I said before in another thread, who would seriously want the Houston job. The roster is pretty well gutted. There is the whole Watson thing. The front office is in pretty serious disarray, with the GM on the headset on Sunday's telling coaches what to do, on top of not having much recent success finding players (some success on this past season).

This says the interview was yesterday (Saturday)

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Houston probably needs to make a splash signing, so unless they can figure a way to capitalize on Lombardi's family name to a degree that no else has, I don't think he has that great a shot. It is pretty rare for coordinators with only a year or two experience (as a coordinator) to jump up to be a HC. Anthony Lynn, Chuck Pagano and Staley have done it, but not sure too many others have.

As I said before in another thread, who would seriously want the Houston job. The roster is pretty well gutted. There is the whole Watson thing. The front office is in pretty serious disarray, with the GM on the headset on Sunday's telling coaches what to do, on top of not having much recent success finding players (some success on this past season).

This says the interview was yesterday (Saturday)
            https://www.houstontexans.com/news/j...d-coach-search
            Agree on the looooong odds for Lombo. Also agree its climbing aboard the Hindenburg just outside of New Jersey.

As to who would want the job - pretty much ANY coach who hadn’t already proven himself to be a winning NFL coach to such a degree he can call his shot. Or a Saban, although he flamed out in NFL (and this year’s Saban 2.0 = Meyer lol). There are only 4 or 5 such jobs available per year, if you get called you answer because you don’t know if its the only call you get in your life. If they offer you take. Jmo.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree on the looooong odds for Lombo. Also agree its climbing aboard the Hindenburg just outside of New Jersey.

As to who would want the job - pretty much ANY coach who hadn’t already proven himself to be a winning NFL coach to such a degree he can call his shot. Or a Saban, although he flamed out in NFL (and this year’s Saban 2.0 = Meyer lol). There are only 4 or 5 such jobs available per year, if you get called you answer because you don’t know if its the only call you get in your life. If they offer you take. Jmo.
              Especially if your making $5 mil per year with three years guaranteed. If they can you so what. You got paid!

:whistlin:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Maybe bring Steichen and Pep back. Make Steichen the OC

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I for one hope he stays. I dont want our golden boy to never fully master an O before another coordinator is brought in. Justin has been AWESOME learning new Os every year for what...the last 6 years? But I wonder how much better he'd be if he just had several years of consistent OC. To get an OC that has no desire to be a HC like that stepchild of Belichick...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Talent needs stability to fully mature and develop. Let's hope for Herbert's sake he gets the stability he needs to be his best self.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      I for one hope he stays. I dont want our golden boy to never fully master an O before another coordinator is brought in. Justin has been AWESOME learning new Os every year for what...the last 6 years? But I wonder how much better he'd be if he just had several years of consistent OC. To get an OC that has no desire to be a HC like that stepchild of Belichick...
                      You mean like a Steichen?

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Except you'd have better odds of surviving the Hindenburg.

Comment

Working...
                        X