• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, I saw this too. He can chuck it 50 yds, which is respectable, but that seems to be his limit. He can only dream of launching it 65 yds and hit a sprinting 4.3 WR in stride. I'm not sure Miami is going to get the most out of Tyreek Hill with Tua.
    With Tua they do 45 yard curl pattern. LOL!

:hello:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

that throw to waddle sure looked like 2a put his whole body behind it didnt he? that throw from JH to Guyton was SOOOOO beautiful!

Comment

• kgbpasha
        #болтап
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Nice read. Not sure if it's in this thread but ain't nobody got time for that (looking it up).

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
          Nice read. Not sure if it's in this thread but ain't nobody got time for that (looking it up).

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...vel-in-the-nfl
          Each time I see your avatar, I always wonder if they are natural.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Each time I see your avatar, I always wonder if they are natural.
            Her eye color?:ml:

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Her eye color?:ml:
              I was thinking, "boy she sure has nice hair, must be good conditioner".

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

The Bengals got Joe Burrow's best college WR to pair with him in the NFL. Ja'Marr Chase with Burrow throwing to him at LSU in 2019 had 1,780 yds receiving and scored 20 TDs. His average yds per reception: an insane 21.2. Chase didn't play in 2020, in order to prepare for the 2021 draft. The Bengals drafted him No. 5 overall. Burrow's other WR in LSU's national championship year in 2019: Justin Jefferson, drafted 22nd overall in 2020. Jefferson set a rookie receiving yardage record in 2020, which was broken in 2021 by Chase. These are the WRs Burrow had to work with in his one stellar season in college.

The Dolphins drafted Jaylen Waddle at 6 overall in the 2021 draft, the pick after Chase went of the board. Waddle was one of a trio of mega talented WRs that 'Fins QB Tua Tagovailoa had at his disposal at Alabama. The other two WRs threw to at Alabama were both first rounders drafted in the top half of the first round in 2020: Henry Ruggs (#12) and Jerry Jeudy (#15).

All five of these guys were among the top wide receivers in the nation in college, and all five were first round draft picks in 2020 and 2021.

Both of these QBs were drafted before Herbert in the 2020 draft. They were both considered better prospects, based on their college production, coming from winning programs.

I watched the 2020 Rose Bowl. Herbert scored 3 TDs on the ground and was named MVP. Wisconsin had no answer for Herbert's ability to run and make plays with his legs. But Herbert did nothing to impress me as a passer in that game. When the Chargers drafted him, I thought we were getting another Colin Kaepernick - a guy who could kill defenses with his legs, but, despite having a strong arm, not a very polished passer. I was surprised as heck when Herbert started making big plays WITH HIS ARM from the moment he stepped on the field, in a surprise start. He immediately started making throws that the best QB in franchise history, who had just departed, could never have made. It was shocking. Where did this come from?

But then you look at the receiving targets had at Oregon. Can you name of them? None of his Oregon WRs are in the NFL. A few of his college TEs are in the NFL, all undrafted and on practice squads or buried deep on the depth chart (including Hunter Kampmoyer, who is a Chargers practice squadder).

I know I learned something, and I think NFL scouts did too, when looking at Herbert's success in the NFL. When judging a college QB's passing career, be sure to evaluate who his WRs were, or were not, when evaluating him as a prospective NFL passer. Herbert doesn't have his standout college WR to throw to the NFL, because he had no standout WRs in college, none of them are even in the NFL. Yet he in his sophomore season, Herbert threw for more yards and more TDs than either Burrow or Tua, both of whom have the luxury of throwing to their top 10 draft choice college WRs in the NFL.

Here are Herbert's Rose Bowl highlights. All runs, no throws.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

A lot of college quarterbacks don't have elite wide receivers to throw to. Some do. Does that mean a quarterback is overrated because of an abundance of talent around him? Not necessarily. In Burrow's case, highly unlikely. Does it mean a quarterback who doesn't have much talent around him at the college level will shine once he gets to the NFL and has much more to work with? Not necessarily. In Herbert's case the misuse of his talents by the Oregon coaching staff and the constant turnover at offensive coordinator probably had more to do with him not looking like the true stud he is now.

Peyton Manning had Peerless Price and other NFL talent (left tackle Chad Clifton, who made two Pro Bowls in the NFL) around him at Tennessee. Ryan Leaf had pretty much nothing at Washington State. Leaf was more athletic and had the much stronger arm. Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Leaf, who's turning his life around, is one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

Deshaun Watson had Hunter Renfrow, our very own Mike Williams, and other NFL talent (Wayne Gallman at running back) surrounding him at Clemson. Mitchell Trubisky had pretty much nothing, and the Chicago Bears were fooled by his 30 touchdown passes to just six interceptions in 2016, probably because of the same reasons you posted. "He did that with very little to work with, so let's trade up and take him third overall, instead of sitting where we are and selecting Watson or Patrick Mahomes."

Quarterbacks are either good or not. Burrow and Herbert look like they're going to have great careers. Tua doesn't look like he's going to be a starter much longer than Marcus Mariota was/will.I mention Mariota specifically because he didn't have much to throw to during his time at Oregon, either. Yet, he won a Heisman, got the Ducks to a National Championship Game, was drafted second overall in 2015, and will probably go down as big of a bust as Joey Harrington was.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍