• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Glad to have Jackson. He does need yo perform well but given the mack n bosa duo causing rushed throws that bodes well for Jackson getting his opportunities in our D.

Get a stud DL in the middle in the draft is my #1 to really help our secondary out. I want pressure from our front 4 to free up our coverage. Thats when we csn really cause chaos to offensive plans.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      I don't want to see any of this.

If that was the Chargers that would've been a TD!!

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

If that was the Chargers that would've been a TD!!
        I agree. If that was the Chargers, Justin Herbert would have not underthrown the ball like Allen did not that play, Diggs wouldn't hot have had to slow down to wait for the ball and allow JC Jackson to catch up and make the tackle, Herbert would have put it out in front of Diggs, hit him in full stride, and Diggs would have been gone for a house call.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I hope people aren't expecting JC to be a "shut down" Corner. I watched some of the Pats games and he get's beat from time to time. He got some picks but can he keep doing it?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I hope people aren't expecting JC to be a "shut down" Corner. I watched some of the Pats games and he get's beat from time to time. He got some picks but can he keep doing it?
            Personally I don’t think there are shut down corners anymore. The rules and refs favor WR in those matchups way too much for DBs To be able to truly shut down WR, especially the top guys. Ramsey got burned a few times in the SB by Chase as well as that obvious OPI by Tee Higgins against Ramsey for the TD to start the second half. I do think JC will still be a very productive CB for us and hopefully our increased pass rush this year will lead to more turnover opportunities for all the DBs. Definitely not expecting him to hold Davante Adams to no catches this season or anything like that.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Jackson is not Jalen Ramsey (who also gets beat). His salary reflects that. But he is the best CB the Bolts have and is a very good player. And I think the Staley system suits him very well.

If you play CB (and I did a long, long time ago) you will get beat sometimes. If any of us fans think Jackson is not ever going to have someone make a play on him and that when it happens he was a bust signing, we should be ready for disappointment. But he does not get beat play after play, he is very consistent in his technique, he knows where he is supposed to be and is actually there, and he has shown the ability to make plays on the ball repeatedly.

One other thought, and you can hear it in that clip from the announcer, sometimes it looks like the CB got torched because someone else did not properly or could not properly play their assignment. In fact, this happened to the Chargers at each level of the defense a ton of times last season and it is why the results were so poor. Had to drive Staley crazy. That is what makes football the best sport -- truly is a team game.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Great detailed analysis of what Mr. INT brings. Why we are dramatically improved at DB.

You don't know ball

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Great detailed analysis of what Mr. INT brings. Why we are dramatically improved at DB.
                  Nice share! Thanks.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    He's got split-vision. That enables him to both watch the WR and the ball out of the QB's hand simultaneously. Pretty cool.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

He's got split-vision. That enables him to both watch the WR and the ball out of the QB's hand simultaneously. Pretty cool.
                      Yeah pretty cool. If we are watching the same analysis, I think the play was cover 0 also. What a gutsy call by Belicheat.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍