TT Cannot Sleep On The Offense!

Burrow
    Watson
    Jackson
    Wilson
    Herbert
    Mahomes
    Allen

Who am I missing? Superstar QB's... Getting to the AFCCG will be a dog fight!

We need more offensive weapons! TT get us a compliment back to Ekeler

I also don't think our current crop of TE's are the answer... Parham is decent but he's no Waller or Kelce.

• Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
    Burrow
    Watson
    Jackson
    Wilson
    Herbert
    Mahomes
    Allen

I also don't think our current crop of TE's are the answer... Parham is decent but he's no Waller or Kelce.
    I’m sure he won’t. Getting someone like Cordelle Patterson would kill two birds with one stone. Or the draft.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The way free agency is going it looks like we will see WR and TE and or RB in the draft. Skill player that can contribute and grow with a young QB. OT may be in play to hard to tell.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Been preaching this since like a year ago lol. Go git ‘em, TT!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I am sure Telesco is not done. He didn't rework Mack's contract to free up space for nothing. The Chargers still have about $25 mil left to spend in free agency.

I really like our WR corps through #4, one of the best if not the best 4-deep group in the league. I'm sure they will draft at least one WR, maybe multiple, with all those day 3 picks.

I wonder if for TE they are looking close to home at UCLA TE Greg Dulcich. From what I have read, Dulcich, 6-4, 250, physically and in all aspects of the game, each year in college. He reminds me a bit of Geo Kittle. They'd probably have to spend the 4th round pick to get him though. He might be there in the 4th round, but I kind of doubt it. Another TE prospect that is intriguing and seems to be under the radar is Nevada's Cole Turner, 6-6, 250 lbs. He can probably be had with a Day 3 pick. Don't forget, Telesco drafted a TE in the 3rd round last year - McKitty. He may surprise us.

I am sure they have a plan for an RB to compliment Ekeler. There are some decent options available in FA. Telesco's record drafting RBs recently is abysmal.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Burrow
            Watson
            Jackson
            Wilson
            Herbert
            Mahomes
            Allen

Waller didn't emerge until 2019, and he's been in the league since 2015. Kelce didn't get good until after a couple of years, and he's been in the league since 2013. Parham has proven that he can be a threat on the offense. He's still very young. His injury is a concern, so I see why we want to do something with TE unit just in case. Notwithstanding, Parham has shown the team can count on him. He could get better, and I like what we have in him. It would be nice to get Stephen Anderson back. He can get in on the passing game too if the coaches need him to. Anderson can play fullback, his versatility is good to have. He's good in both blocking and receiving. The team drafted Mckitty. He needs more playing time for us to judge him better. Mckitty is likely the Cook replacement. The team has weaknesses on the roster with many of the position groups. But TE is not one of them. If the team doesn't manage to get Anderson back, then they should find his replacement.

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            The way free agency is going it looks like we will see WR and TE and or RB in the draft. Skill player that can contribute and grow with a young QB. OT may be in play to hard to tell.
            The RB, WR, and TE positions aren't hard to fill and find players to make contributions. This organization doesn't have problems finding players at these positions. RT, backup OC, and maybe RG are a bigger issue right now

That isn't to disregard the ball positions. The offense could use a speed guy at wideout.

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I am sure Telesco is not done. He didn't rework Mack's contract to free up space for nothing. The Chargers still have about $25 mil left to spend in free agency.

I really like our WR corps through #4, one of the best if not the best 4-deep group in the league. I'm sure they will draft at least one WR, maybe multiple, with all those day 3 picks.

I wonder if for TE they are looking close to home at UCLA TE Greg Dulcich. From what I have read, Dulcich, 6-4, 250, physically and in all aspects of the game, each year in college. He reminds me a bit of Geo Kittle. They'd probably have to spend the 4th round pick to get him though. He might be there in the 4th round, but I kind of doubt it. Another TE prospect that is intriguing and seems to be under the radar is Nevada's Cole Turner, 6-6, 250 lbs. He can probably be had with a Day 3 pick. Don't forget, Telesco drafted a TE in the 3rd round last year - McKitty. He may surprise us.

I am sure they have a plan for an RB to compliment Ekeler. There are some decent options available in FA. Telesco's record drafting RBs recently is abysmal.
              That's alot more cheddar than I've been hearing about, I thought we had like 12 to 13 million left? Is that 25mil number factoring in the draft? Is that after Mack's restructure?

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

That's alot more cheddar than I've been hearing about, I thought we had like 12 to 13 million left? Is that 25mil number factoring in the draft? Is that after Mack's restructure?

Comment

• AFboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2018
                  • Balboa Park bench
                  • Medical Simulation
                  • Send PM

Well I guess the true number is somewhere likely in between... This tweet is a few hours newer though.

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/st...m0x6lEz7p0r1Uw

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

We certainly need a short yardage back to compliment Ek. As much as the game has changed and I love watching Herbie sling that rock, we just can't keep asking him to throw 50x/game. Teams will start rushing 2 and dropping 9.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m sure he won’t. Getting someone like Cordelle Patterson would kill two birds with one stone. Or the draft.
                      I'll pass on adding a 31 year old RB. We need young fast talented players not over the hill role players.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I'll pass on adding a 31 year old RB. We need young fast talented players not over the hill role players.
                        I'm not so much worried about his age. He hasn't really ever been a full time back so he hasn't taken a lot of hits, but to me, he's pretty much the same as Ek. I'd rather have an up the gut back.

Comment

Working...
                        X