• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
    Like a QB who clearly was trying to keep the ball in his hand but loses it because of contact is not a fumble, AKA the tuck rule. It's pretty insane.
    As a marketing person, I'm allowed to say this. People in my profession somewhere along the way have convinced themselves that they are professionals like doctors and lawyers and that their work is a science. Human behavior is far too complex for it to truly be a science. But over the years they have created all of these pseudo-scientific approaches that presume to classify it in a scientific way. MBAs have to justify their jobs. And I'm not immune to any of this!

Similarly over the years as things have presented themselves the NFL has invented these arcane and obtuse standards that have perverted the original intent of the rules, which in turn makes all of us fans more than a little confused, baffled and in some cases pissed about the shifting standards. It is what it is. I also don't understand rule interpretations in basketball anymore. Fouls are totally arbitrary.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
      What really sucks about this is that it's still 5 wins they probably shouldn't have.
      They better hope that defense doesn't falter (and Ware looks like he will miss the next 2 games) as Manning with his 6 TDs, 7 ints and his 77 QB rating aren't going to win any shootouts.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Steve Sarkisian fired. Hope he gets the help he needs. Team should have trounced UW. Notre Dame is usually beat up after play Navy, so USC might have a chance, at least for a quarter.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Hope that Sarkisian gets the help. That's a big monkey to have, and I'm sure having a high pressure job like that, wasn't conducive to getting well.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

Definitely near the top of the list of one of college football's highest pressure coaching jobs. Like you said we can only hope he gets the help he needs. Having the USC job and apparently going through a divorce as well would be tough on anybody. Now the search begins again. I wonder if Ed Orgeron would consider coming back?

Comment

• KarlC
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Am I blind, or is there no week 6 other games thread yet?

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I didn't start one.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                X