• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I would like to see Ffrench get a chance to return some kicks this coming preseason, his college tape is fantastic. He’s one of those guys that makes everyone look like they’re going in slow motion, dude is hella fast
    So was Reynaldo Nehemiah! I suspect that if Ffrench had the *it* that it takes to be a great kick returner, it would have manifested by now. As depth going into camp, it's great to have some competition at ALL positions, so Ffrench belongs in that regard, but I'd be pretty surprised if he makes the team.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

His experience alone should keep Ffrench on the practice squad another year…Roo, what do you think, you think they draft another WR after this signing?
      Probably after the fifth round.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
        great add! a great returner who can actually play WR and add explosive plays to the offense!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

So was Reynaldo Nehemiah! I suspect that if Ffrench had the *it* that it takes to be a great kick returner, it would have manifested by now. As depth going into camp, it's great to have some competition at ALL positions, so Ffrench belongs in that regard, but I'd be pretty surprised if he makes the team.
          After what our WR coach chris beatty did with mike williams in 2021, he kind of earned my trust a bit. Then I looked into his past and he’s done that before. He did it with Maurice Ffrench at Pitt in 2019. When beatty arrived at Pitt Ffrench was a guy that had flashed on special teams with a couple of kick returns and had 35 receptions in his best season at Pitt. beatty turned him into a guy that broke Larry Fitzgerald’s almost 2 decade record of 92 receptions with 96 catches. And he still went on to return another kick for a TD that year as well. Ffrench is a speed guy with the ability to carry the football out of the backfield at 5’11” 200 plus pounds he’s more physical than a lot of RBs he has legit yards after contact yardage ability, the guy breaks tackles and then has the speed to run away from people too. Beatty brought him here from KC to compete for a STs job but the guy has potential fo be much much more. People keep saying we need a speed option on offense and the chargers had one sitting on the practice squad last year while guys like kelly and roundtree where on the active roster. If Ffrench doesn’t get his shot with the chargers he’ll get it somehwere else. My comp for him is a faster more physicall wes welker type, slot receiver with return skills that can also fill in at RB. The guy is versatile…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Jeepers, c’mon Lombardi, figure out how to use these guys!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

I liked Roberts and he made a pretty significant impact for us.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                I liked Roberts and he made a pretty significant impact for us.
                I wouldn’t be surprised if they still bring roberts back, even after signing carter. The chargers gave carter a 100k signing bonus. Other than that they can way away from the rest no problem. Roberts probably wanted more $ than they are willing to pay a return guy. Having carter on the roster could be a negotiation tactic to get Roberts number down. You spend 100k to save 1.5 mil? IDK, just a theory…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

After what our WR coach chris beatty did with mike williams in 2021, he kind of earned my trust a bit. Then I looked into his past and he’s done that before. He did it with Maurice Ffrench at Pitt in 2019. When beatty arrived at Pitt Ffrench was a guy that had flashed on special teams with a couple of kick returns and had 35 receptions in his best season at Pitt. beatty turned him into a guy that broke Larry Fitzgerald’s almost 2 decade record of 92 receptions with 96 catches. And he still went on to return another kick for a TD that year as well. Ffrench is a speed guy with the ability to carry the football out of the backfield at 5’11” 200 plus pounds he’s more physical than a lot of RBs he has legit yards after contact yardage ability, the guy breaks tackles and then has the speed to run away from people too. Beatty brought him here from KC to compete for a STs job but the guy has potential fo be much much more. People keep saying we need a speed option on offense and the chargers had one sitting on the practice squad last year while guys like kelly and roundtree where on the active roster. If Ffrench doesn’t get his shot with the chargers he’ll get it somehwere else. My comp for him is a faster more physicall wes welker type, slot receiver with return skills that can also fill in at RB. The guy is versatile…
                  I just watched highlights I think he'll definitely contribute as WR and returner.
                  Adds speed and shiftiness.Dont really post anymore but Iam definitely one who wants to see speed with Hurberts arm.He helps a little.(Not a fan of the short game Lombardi brings)

No question he makes the team.
                  I could see 30+ cacthes also could carry it once a game.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Story in the Sacramento State newspaper about DeAndre Carter preparing for the draft in 2015. Sac State is about a mile from me. I never heard of him while he was at Sac State, I don't follow their athletic teams. I think he is the only Sac State alum currently active in the NFL.

Starting Thursday, hundreds of college football prospects will anticipate getting their name called during the 2015 NFL Draft, including former Sacramento State receiver DeAndre Carter. Currently, Carter is projected as a seventh round selection, according to Lance Zierlein and Chad Reuter of NFL.com. “Hopefully I get drafted and hear my name called,” Carter said. “That’ll...

“He’s a principle man. He is very diligent in the way he goes about his business. He’s not a flamboyant party guy [and] he seems to be a much grounded young man in his faith.”

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

I graduated from Sac State in engineering a loooong time back.

Weve had a few NFL players but not many.

im hoping Deandre kicks some major ass Thursday….I think hes got the goods to help fill the slot role and even go deep on a few.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Williams, Palmer, Carter, Ekeler, Everett, that’s some solid receiving talent right there. Kelley and Michel running, McKitty blocking, and then Horvath. Will we miss Slayer? Yes. Do we have the horses to beat KC without him (and Parham)? We do.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2021
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

They should bring up Bandy for this game and a new wrinkle tha KC hasn't seen

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍