• QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

RIP - Dwayne Haskins

He was only 24.

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was killed early Saturday morning in Florida after being struck by a dump truck, authorities said. He was 24 years old.
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Waiting for the details. Apparently it happened in the wee morning hours.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Horrible news.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Tragedy for sure. RIP.

Last edited by AFboltfan; 04-09-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

This really bothered me when I heard about it, this is unbelievably sad
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was killed Saturday morning after being hit by a dump truck on a South Florida highway, authorities said.

Haskins, 24, was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when he "collided with an oncoming dump truck," Florida Highway Patrol said in an accident report. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is unclear why Haskins was walking on the highway, authorities said.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene, FHP spokesperson Lt. Indiana Miranda confirmed to The Associated Press. WPXI-TV, citing DK Pittsburgh Sports, said Haskins was driving to the airport to return to Pittsburgh and stopped his vehicle to get out when he was hit by the dump truck.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nfl-pl...ry?id=83981644

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was killed Saturday morning after being hit by a dump truck on a South Florida highway, authorities said.

Haskins, 24, was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when he "collided with an oncoming dump truck," Florida Highway Patrol said in an accident report. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is unclear why Haskins was walking on the highway, authorities said.
                So sad. But it honestly makes me go to a dark place about this. Like suicide by truck? I mean how does he end up in front of a dump truck on the freeway? How does he not see that?

This isnt an attack on DH....but fear that once again CTE is the culprit. Really hoping this was just an accident....but its odd enough of a situation to make me question it a little bit.

No way am i accusing him of suicide....but i hope they dig into this. Investigate this. Because its way off to me. And i dont want CTE victims to fall through the cracks in this league.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

So sad. But it honestly makes me go to a dark place about this. Like suicide by truck? I mean how does he end up in front of a dump truck on the freeway? How does he not see that?

This isnt an attack on DH....but fear that once again CTE is the culprit. Really hoping this was just an accident....but its odd enough of a situation to make me question it a little bit.

No way am i accusing him of suicide....but i hope they dig into this. Investigate this. Because its way off to me. And i dont want CTE victims to fall through the cracks in this league.
                  Well, it occurred to me to that it might be suicide and I was thinking about the same things. He was recently married I think, and, well, who knows ... we do know that CTE changes the brain function in ways that we who aren't suffering from it can't comprehend. I just read on Google, without a source, that he was driving to the airport to return to Pittsburgh and stopped his car on the fwy and got out when he was struck.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Well, it occurred to me to that it might be suicide and I was thinking about the same things. He was recently married I think, and, well, who knows ... we do know that CTE changes the brain function in ways that we who aren't suffering from it can't comprehend. I just read on Google, without a source, that he was driving to the airport to return to Pittsburgh and stopped his car on the fwy and got out when he was struck.
                    Interesting. Thanks for that little bit of info. Lets see what unfolds.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I heard his car broke down which is why he got out and was walking down the highway.

He was probably driving a crappy rental

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

I heard his car broke down which is why he got out and was walking down the highway.

He was probably driving a crappy rental
                        Hope so. Appreciate the updates.

Comment

Working...
                        X