• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Yeah they do. Ill just wait and see what the investigation says. There have been some shitty things said about him in the light of this happening so i want to make sure im not dogging him. But CTE in this league is rampant. That also makes people do stupid things.
    It’s certainly possible, even at his age, but him being a QB and only 24 makes me think it wasn’t suicide from CTE depression, but who knows…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Old Gil Brandt looks pretty stupid right about now. Although there may be some truth to it, this shouldn’t be said.

Pete Damilatis
      @PeteDamilatisApr 9, 2022

Here is @Gil_Brandt on NFL radio when asked about Dwayne Haskins.
      “He was a guy that was living to be dead.”
      “It was always something” with Haskins
      “Maybe it he stayed in school a year he wouldn’t do silly things [like] jogging on a highway.”
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

People are being too sensitive over Haskins and I get why... 24 years old is way to young to die in such a manner. He still made very questionable choices and needed a mentor/better people around him. I think he just made a poor judgment call and got the worst possible outcome from it. Prayers and peace to his family.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

My best guess is still that he was driving to the airport when his car broke down. He didn't want to miss his flight. The airport was right there on the other side of the freeway. So he made the decision to run across the freeway and didn't see the dump truck, or something like that. If this is the case, there is also the question if he was carrying baggage when he was hit.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Why would his car break down? I’m sure he wasn’t driving an old beater. And cars today are extremely reliable.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

Latest reports are he ran out of gas.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                Latest reports are he ran out of gas.
                Yeah, I've just read that too...it occurred to me after I wrote above he might've had a breakdown that it was more likely he ran out of gas.

After it was confirmed that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins died this Saturday morning after being hit by a vehicle, the NFL has reacted immediately to honor the pla

Early, unverified reports suggest Dwayne Haskins was driving to the airport to return to Pittsburgh when his car ran out of gas. There is no mention as to why he didn't use his cellphone to call roadside assistance, but he reportedly stepped out of his car to cross the road looking for help.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

That was Jameis Winston and you have the quote slightly wrong.
                  Cool that's kind of why I asked.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

‘Very Disturbing': Man Believes He Saw Dwayne Haskins on I-595 Minutes Before Death

A man says he believes he saw Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins, 24, moments before he was struck and killed by a dump truck while attempting to cross the westbound lanes of I-595 on foot for unknown reasons on Saturday morning.

Stanley says he was on the way home after leaving the airport, and heading towards the off-ramp to I-95 North when he noticed vehicles veering into his lane.

“And what I noticed was a Mack truck, or a big tractor-trailer, with also another vehicle that started moving a little bit to the left,” said Stanley. “I was in the left lane and then there was the right lane. And then I noticed an individual there starting to make their way onto the road."

Stanley says he saw the man's arms raised up a little bit as he appeared to be drifting into the major highway.

“He was about halfway, to a quarter way in the right lane already onto the highway and I was already concerned that somebody was going to strike him right there at that moment," he said.

Stanley says he was so concerned that he dialed 911 and shared a screenshot of his call log with NBC 6 with a call to 911 at 6:31 a.m. — six minutes before FHP says the crash was reported at 6:37 a.m.

Stanley says he did not notice a vehicle along I-595 westbound that may have belonged to Haskins.

“I did not see any vehicle nearby,” said Stanley. “I was more concerned with him because he was already making his way onto the road system."

NBC 6 reporter Ryan Nelson asked Stanley if there were any conclusions he could draw about what the person he believes to be Haskins was attempting to do along I-595.

"I could not,” said Stanley. “That's why it's just very disturbing. I just didn't understand the situation.”

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I was a witness to a pretty bad crash along a freeway in CA some years ago. I pulled off to the side (the opposite side of the freeway from the crash) and left my vehicle to offer assistance. When I got out of my car and started to cross the freeway, I felt like I was in the middle of a huge, open field. Very unnerving. Very vulnerable. The cars were slowing down because of the crash, but it still amazed me how quickly they were getting nearer; my entire perspective on the speed at which those cars were traveling was way off. When I got to the other side, an ambulance had just arrived and the driver tore me a new a-hole for taking the risk of crossing an open freeway and, in retrospect, he was correct. And this was in the middle of the day. If Haskins was attempting to cross a full-speed freeway in the early morning hours, he could have grossly misjudged, as I did, the actual speed of traffic.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                        People are being too sensitive over Haskins and I get why... 24 years old is way to young to die in such a manner. He still made very questionable choices and needed a mentor/better people around him. I think he just made a poor judgment call and got the worst possible outcome from it. Prayers and peace to his family.
                        Not sure what questionable choices had to do with his death. It was an unlucky tragedy, and I don’t understand the victim blaming here.

Comment

Working...
                        X