• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Jason Verrett = Stud

After that nightmare finish, I need something positive to think about. JV showed he was a STUD on prime time tonight.

That was a damn good receiver he took out of the game. Just need him to stay healthy.
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Totally Agree!

But if your only stud on Defense is an undersized corner what does that say about your D?

Solid - Liguet
    Pro Bowler who has played his last season in San Diego Weddle

So what other impact players do we have on D? Melvin flashes but he doesn't make enough game changing plays

So one stud going forward Verrett

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Hes a beast.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Against no QB and he doesn't like contact. Strictly a cover guy who has issues staying on the field.

Comment

• FiftyFive
          Dean Spanos is a traitor!
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

I wasn't as impressed as you guys are. I was having flashbacks to Cromartie with how Verrett was shying away from contact.

Comment

• Rambler
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • No Cal
            • Civil Research Attorney
            • Send PM

I think I saw a stat near the end of the game that said he was thown at 4 times, for 1 completion of 4 yards or something. I didn't see the safeties giving much help to the corners, so most of the time he was on his own (as was Flowers, and we saw a world of difference between their games today). Verrett wasn't the problem-- other defenders have to step up and play better.

He's a great corner, but he's small and has had injury issues. Right now I'm ok with him trying to stay out on the field for more than 1-2 games without having to sit out again for a few. At some point, though, he (and his teammates) will have to lay out and make the hits that are there.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Verrett is a very talented CB who has trouble staying on the field because he is fragile. He shouldn't have to be a tackling machine if Eric "The Matador" Waddle and Jaleel "gonna be brain damaged before I'm 30" Addai could actually do their jobs.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

He covered the best WR in the game like white on rice. I dont care who the QB was. Hes talented. He needs to stay healthy. Physicality will come. He could be gunshy due to not being 100%. But he threw himself around in college so hes not scared to hit. Was a little mauler in run support at TCU. He will be fine just needs to stay healthy.

Should have had a pick 6 tonight.

Comment

• kets
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Attaochu had plenty of good moments too.

Comment

• Charged up
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
                    I wasn't as impressed as you guys are. I was having flashbacks to Cromartie with how Verrett was shying away from contact.
                    What were you smoking tonight?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by kets View Post
                      Attaochu had plenty of good moments too.
                      Lots of guys had good moments. The problem is that we rarely have great moments and nobody ever makes a play with the game on the line. Case in point - on the 3rd down pass before our last fg, their player (I believe it was Timmons) bats down a pass that would have been a huge gain and we settle for a fg. Not a singel player on our D responded and let a team with a backup QB drive right down the field for the win (after the previous bomb) against us at home. Uttlerly pathetic.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I guess when you're down on your team, you're down on your team. There are about 6 players on the entire roster that I'd keep. Verrett is one of them. Probably the best CB we've EVER had; even injured. If you give a rat's heiny, the other 5 are Rivers, Gates, Liuget, KA, and...uh...

Comment

Working...
                        X