• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

As I have mentioned before I moved out of SoCal to the suburbs of Nashville. I have been living in a rental house since Novembe while my house is being built. It will be ready a week from Wednesday, and we can't wait to move in! It is literally right across the street from the house my daughter bought so it will be fantastic to be so close.

One of the many appeals of this area was the lake boating life. I take delivery of my new boat on Tuesday that I will be docking it in a covered wet slip on Old Hickory Lake, which is about 5 miles from my house. Lots of fun will be happening this summer!

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
      I agree that insomnia sucks. Meditation has helped that at times for me. Not all the time though. The body/brain is very complicated I guess. Or maybe just for me.

My body fat index is high. I'm eating less though and slowly losing weight. Happy with that.

Seems like Covid might be making another push. I want my 4th shot.

I really wanted to go to Ukraine (to fight) when I heard what the Russians we're doing to the civilians there. Fucking bastards. If that's politics I'm sorry. Sad story.

I'm taking Strattera for my psych issues. So far so good. Maybe it's not perfect but it works well enough for me to think better.

Im way busier here in Kauai than i ever was at home. lol Just managing homes and the people that thrash them when they rent. I need more balance. Ill be fine. Training like crazy and putting in the miles. But its not quite the mediation i need. I do a lot of that in the sauna and i think i need to spend more time at the Club here. Thats where i do my best meditating.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Ive dropped a ton for sure. I was pretty up there im sure.
        Great work Fleet.
        You look awesome in the new pic.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Great work Fleet.
          You look awesome in the new pic.
          Haha thanks brother. Been nice to have a little time to myself.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

I am leaving SoCal in May, born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, then moved to Tehachapi in Kern county. I took a new position with my company in Birmingham Alabama. I am very excited, can't wait for the new start.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              As I have mentioned before I moved out of SoCal to the suburbs of Nashville. I have been living in a rental house since Novembe while my house is being built. It will be ready a week from Wednesday, and we can't wait to move in! It is literally right across the street from the house my daughter bought so it will be fantastic to be so close.

One of the many appeals of this area was the lake boating life. I take delivery of my new boat on Tuesday that I will be docking it in a covered wet slip on Old Hickory Lake, which is about 5 miles from my house. Lots of fun will be happening this summer!
              Isn't Old Hickory Lake a wide spot on the Cumberland in Nashville where they put a lock across the river? There's a popular mountain biking park near there.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                I am leaving SoCal in May, born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, then moved to Tehachapi in Kern county. I took a new position with my company in Birmingham Alabama. I am very excited, can't wait for the new start.
                I like Birmingham. But they are too reliant on sales tax to fund local government. I think the sales tax rate is 10 percent - the highest or 2nd highest in the nation for a city - and it applies even to groceries, which aren't taxed in most places, including CA.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Isn't Old Hickory Lake a wide spot on the Cumberland in Nashville where they put a lock across the river? There's a popular mountain biking park near there.
                  It is exactly that. Our house will be in Hendersonville, just north of the lake.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

It is exactly that. Our house will be in Hendersonville, just north of the lake.
                    I have a friend who likes that mountain bike park. And I have a cousin in Cincinnati who likes fishing there. Is the fishing really that good? What type of a boat are you going to get?

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

I have family and friends in Bozeman, MT, where I lived for several years in the early '90s. They - my sis especially - want me to move there. But it's become really popular and is really crowded now. Every time I visit, it's like I didn't leave California. Traffic is kind of a mess, they don't have the transportation infrastructure to handle all the recent growth. The highway from Bozeman to Yellowstone is one long line of traffic now.

Plus, I've become spoiled on California winters. I like being able to cycle pretty much year-round, and I live next to the bike trail in Sacramento. I like this aspect. But Sacramento has grown and continues to grow, and I don't know if I want to live in a megalopolis. I've recently retired and am figuring out if I want to grow deeper roots here are if I should spend my golden years seeing more of the world. If I move, it will be most likely be someplace abroad. Or, arrange my life in such a way that I can travel and live in one part of the world or another for several months at a time, then go somewhere else. My young lady friend, who I have and off and on relationship with (she is a bit younger), just spent 4 months in Argentina and Brazil teaching yoga. She's back here now, already planning her next trip. That kind of vagabondish life does have some appeal to me in my retirement years. I have looked at Portugal too. There is a big U.S. expat community there and the living is cheap. It would put me next to Europe and the Mediterranean. I'm still figuring things out. I retired just before the pandemic hit, and that turned everything on its head, making it hard to plan. Then I had an issue with my heart that I wasn't expecting, and I have to figure out if I really can travel extensively abroad, because I may have to always be close to a place that has the facilities to perform complicated heart procedures. So for the moment, I'm enjoying sunny Sacramento riding the bike trail, playing softball and spending time with my young lady friend.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                        East Coast Chargers Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                        • Send PM

14 days until maui trip

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Awesome. Seems when people get older and thinking retirement they all want to leave CA. Id be interested to know what you think of the weather there compared to CA though i do know you cant beat CA weather. But it isnt worth staying for and all the taxes and BS that goes with it.

I left many years ago to NV but end up working in CA way too often. At least i know i'll be leaving lol.

I have a Nephew that lived in Nashville for a while circulating the music scene and thats where he met his now Wife. He did complain about the leaches that attach themselves to you so be careful there.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                          225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

Working...
                          X