• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

My son asked if he could go ride the e-bike around 9pm last night. he’s 16, i said of course. Mom got freaked —- there are drunks out there, someone could grab you, you could die, literally ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN … I said he’s 16, we’re in a safe milk-toast suburban subdivision, let the kid ride a bike.

therein lies the difference between 2022 paranoid mama bear and now-reformed formerly degenerate 2022 dad. To think of how I ran buck wild as a no good teen for all hours and even days … vs. today’s helicoptered teens … imo, today’s kids aren’t learning the lessons we learned as teens. Which means they’ll learn them in their 20s when it hurts more.

i think its best to get that shit out of your system early
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Im way busier here in Kauai than i ever was at home. lol Just managing homes and the people that thrash them when they rent. I need more balance. Ill be fine. Training like crazy and putting in the miles. But its not quite the mediation i need. I do a lot of that in the sauna and i think i need to spend more time at the Club here. Thats where i do my best meditating.
      Whats up with all those chickens, bro? . Its the chickens that make people crazy. (This is just a working theory as of now, only been to Kauai once - damn what a paradise it is there! - i really should go do more research)
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Im way busier here in Kauai than i ever was at home. lol Just managing homes and the people that thrash them when they rent. I need more balance. Ill be fine. Training like crazy and putting in the miles. But its not quite the mediation i need. I do a lot of that in the sauna and i think i need to spend more time at the Club here. Thats where i do my best meditating.
        Kauai is so beautiful! My sister lives there (Hanalei) but I've only been there once. Hiking the Napali Coast trails was a treat!
        I will have to get back there soon!

BTW... I love the idea of a thread with personal stories.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

As for me, sports (football in particular) and music have been a big part of my life.

I'm the son of a basketball coach... so I was born with a ball in my hand. I played all the major sports growing up (basketball, baseball, and football). Even though I continued playing basketball and baseball into college, football was always the most intriguing for me.

I started playing drums when I was 10... My poor family! I fell in love with the rock classics of the late 60's and early 70's. Most kids picked up the guitar... so I was always in high demand growing up (being one of the few drummers) and got to play along with a number of really good musicians. The joke goes... what do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians...? A drummer. I still play casually and have a group of friends that I play music with most Friday evenings... for fun and a creative outlet.

Love traveling and hiking the wild places!

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from Kauai here in Sun Valley, Idaho. It was in the high 60's here last week, and over the last few days it has been in the teens at night and we have gotten 4-5" of snow. That's spring in the mountains. The ski mountain closes today, but the cross country skiing (my obsession) is still great north of town on the SNRA (Sawtooth National Recreation Area) trails. I'm retired now and spend a lot of time on those trails.
            Some earlier posts were about medical issues. Approaching 72 now, like the majority of men my age, I had BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), or more simply put, an enlarged prostate. It caused the normal things like frequent urination, and having to get up at nights to pee several times. I saw a urologist and ended up having him do a procedure he recommended called a Urolift. It doesn't have any of the scary side-effects you've probably heard about with some of the other urological procedures. It's been five months now and I'm pleased with the results and recommend the procedure to anyone having similar problems. You can check it out online and there are several videos about it on YouTube.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Gooey's gonna be pissed when he finds out that his WOYM title has been stolen. :More Q Please:

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Soooooo.......Nashville........and Birmingham.......you know the Chargers are going to play the Falcons in Atlanta this year........I live in the northern burbs about an hour north......

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  Soooooo.......Nashville........and Birmingham.......you know the Chargers are going to play the Falcons in Atlanta this year........I live in the northern burbs about an hour north......
                  Ah, I didn't know what JoJa meant lol. I was thinking it was pronounced HoHa being how the Hispanic J's round here are pronounced with an H and you're username is LaCosta

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                    I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from Kauai here in Sun Valley, Idaho. It was in the high 60's here last week, and over the last few days it has been in the teens at night and we have gotten 4-5" of snow. That's spring in the mountains. The ski mountain closes today, but the cross country skiing (my obsession) is still great north of town on the SNRA (Sawtooth National Recreation Area) trails. I'm retired now and spend a lot of time on those trails.
                    Some earlier posts were about medical issues. Approaching 72 now, like the majority of men my age, I had BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), or more simply put, an enlarged prostate. It caused the normal things like frequent urination, and having to get up at nights to pee several times. I saw a urologist and ended up having him do a procedure he recommended called a Urolift. It doesn't have any of the scary side-effects you've probably heard about with some of the other urological procedures. It's been five months now and I'm pleased with the results and recommend the procedure to anyone having similar problems. You can check it out online and there are several videos about it on YouTube.
                    I love Sun Valley. I want to come out there to xc ski with you. All of my skiing these days are limited to xc. There are some trails in the Sierra Nevada in the Tahoe region east of me in Sac that I get to occasionally, but I go there less frequently every year. I don't have a 4x4 anymore, it's always crowded, and the snow isn't that great. I have a sis outside of Bozeman, MT in the Yellowstone region, and I usually fly out there with my skis for some xc once a winter. That is great you are still out there on the trails with you skis at your age. I applaud you.:youaretheman:

Thanks for the tip re urolift. I'll ask my doctor about it.

Comment

• SBbound
                      Casual fanatic
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Merced/San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                      We'll be attending that one and my wife is very excited about seeing that area especially Savannah. We'll spend a week to 10 days exploring.

We're into cycling just not as hardcore as a bunch of you, 5-13 miles daily on the Mission bay/beach boardwalk when in San Diego. Excited that our local ski resort, Dodge Ridge is going to offer mountain biking this summer. I've never done it, it'll be interesting taking a bike on a chairlift.

Oh, attending the Indy 500 next month, excited for that too. I've wanted to see the Indy 500 since childhood.

Last edited by SBbound; 04-17-2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Whats up with all those chickens, bro? . Its the chickens that make people crazy. (This is just a working theory as of now, only been to Kauai once - damn what a paradise it is there! - i really should go do more research)
                        That was all Iniki. lol

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Kauai is so beautiful! My sister lives there (Hanalei) but I've only been there once. Hiking the Napali Coast trails was a treat!
                          I will have to get back there soon!

BTW... I love the idea of a thread with personal stories.
                          Hanalei is amazing. Havnt been in a while though just because the traffic there and back is brutal. Really dangerous also. Just had a 4 car pile up 2 days ago with fatalities. Crosses all up and down that route. Usually tourists who have zero patience causing these.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍