• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

If you're anywhere near, I'd highly recommend a visit to Siena, Lucca, San Gimignano, Pisa. The finest gelato and endless Chianti.....have a great time brother.
    Thanks. We’re staying at Montegufoni and will be doing day trips to Cinque Terre, Pisa, Florence and Sienna. And definitely a trip to wine country.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What about oxidized LDL levels ?
      Major props for the cycling...serious cardio right there.
      Don't overdo the exercising at age 65, brother.
      I do not want the side effects of statin drugs either !
      The goal here is to maintain with moderate exercise, and with natural supplements, sterols, high dose fish oil etc.
      Agree on statin drugs...I switched doctors a few months back, and my new doc is really opposed to statins...took me off of it...

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I’ve been on statins for at least 35 years and never had a problem. And now, I never worry about my heart. Something will get me in the end, but it won’t be a heart attack.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
          Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Oregon
          • Retirement
          • Send PM

Oh yeah, slow time of the year... so, this is what I sent to Bosa...

Hey Joey,

Long time Charger fan here. Well, you really did it this time! We were munching on some warm nachos watching you in an interview during training camp. Out of the blue, you mentioned the little donkey and his mopey attitude. He was sitting with us, heard what you said, and has been impossible to live with ever since. So, thanks a lot for that!

He wanted me to tell you something because apparently, it is information that you really, really, need to know:

Eeyore is Bosa’s Number 1 Fan!!!

Eeyore insisted that I take a photo of you two, frame it, and send it so you know how unusually upbeat he feels because the Bosa knows who he is… go figure. I’m supposed to tell you to “watch out for waterfalls” so, please do.

Enjoy the photograph; he says that I caught you guys sharing consciousness! Whatever.

Good luck the rest of the year and in all of your endeavors,

John Gavin

P.S. Oh yes, once again he says,

I am Joey Bosa’s Number 1 Fan!!!

joey2.jpg

Attached Files
          Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Is Ancient Aliens still going on? I used to watch it. But then I realized there's so much nonsense that they tell you on the program.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

I have been watching Cheers re runs. What an amazing show that was. I loved it when it was new and its still funny today.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                And so I’m off as life returns to normal. I’ve had a 2 year hiatus from my favorite hobby, traveling, now it’s time to get moving again.

Im sitting in San Diego airport drinking a Bloody Mary waiting for my flight to Fort Lauderdale. Tomorrow my wife and I board a 14 day cruise to Rome. Then we have a villa rented in Tuscany for 7 days where we are meeting my 4 brothers and 2 sister in laws. Then we have a 10 day cruise to Italy, Greece, Montenegro and Croatia. Then back to San Diego.

Life is good.
                Ah man, I envy you! Before becoming a teacher, I had a gig at a travel agency. Hated the pay but loved the free travel. Love Rome! It may be my favorite city in the world.
                Greece and Croatia are on my bucket list.

One of my favorite travel memories was being in Germany a couple weeks after The Wall came down. Crazy energy!
                Being in Paris for the Euro Cup was another spectacle!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Ah man, I envy you! Before becoming a teacher, I had a gig at a travel agency. Hated the pay but loved the free travel. Love Rome! It may be my favorite city in the world.
                  Greece and Croatia are on my bucket list.

One of my favorite travel memories was being in Germany a couple weeks after The Wall came down. Crazy energy!
                  Being in Paris for the Euro Cup was another spectacle!
                  Aah travel, it’s hard not to appreciate it and remember it all of your days.

I love Rome too. The Pantheon is my favorite building in the world. And I’ve climbed to the cupola at the top of the Vatican twice. Unforgettable. We get to spend two days in Rome at the end of the trip. We’re spending my wife’s 70th birthday there. Yes, this trip is special.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I love Rome too. The Pantheon is my favorite building in the world. And I’ve climbed to the cupola at the top of the Vatican twice. Unforgettable. We get to spend two days in Rome at the end of the trip. We’re spending my wife’s 70th birthday there. Yes, this trip is special.
                    I'm going to England and France in August. In August 1942 there was a savage battle at Dieppe, France. My father was in the battle and was captured by the Germans. This August is the 80th anniversary of the battle, and there is going to be a reunion in Dieppe of the descendants of the allied soldiers who took part in the fighting, mostly Canadian. When my father was captured he was married to an English woman, who was pregnant with his child. His daughter, my half sister, was born a few months later while he was a POW in Germany. She is still living and lives in the south of England, across the Channel from Dieppe. She is going to be 80 years old in February. I am going to spend some time with her in England before taking the ferry across the Channel to Dieppe.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The Pantheon is an architectural marvel! St. Peter's is my personal favorite. I spend hours there looking at the craftsmanship of every little detail. Enjoy, friend!
                      My very first architectural wonder was Dom Kolner in Cologne. My mind was blown... and I've been hooked on Europe's buildings ever since.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm going to England and France in August. In August 1942 there was a savage battle at Dieppe, France. My father was in the battle and was captured by the Germans. This August is the 80th anniversary of the battle, and there is going to be a reunion in Dieppe of the descendants of the allied soldiers who took part in the fighting, mostly Canadian. When my father was captured he was married to an English woman, who was pregnant with his child. His daughter, my half sister, was born a few months later while he was a POW in Germany. She is still living and lives in the south of England, across the Channel from Dieppe. She is going to be 80 years old in February. I am going to spend some time with her in England before taking the ferry across the Channel to Dieppe.
                        The D-Day beaches are amazing! My wife and I went there on our honeymoon... a couple weeks later "Saving Private Ryan" came out. Very cool to watch that movie... having just been there.

The place is an outdoor museum... gunner's nests and bombed out tanks left in their places. Everywhere you go there are WWII cemeteries and large plaques describing the battles that happened there. Have fun!

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The D-Day beaches are amazing! My wife and I went there on our honeymoon... a couple weeks later "Saving Private Ryan" came out. Very cool to watch that movie... having just been there.

The place is an outdoor museum... gunner's nests and bombed out tanks left in their places. Everywhere you go there are WWII cemeteries and large plaques describing the battles that happened there. Have fun!
                          Yes, I forgot to mention that I am planning to tour the D-Day beaches as a part of this trip. I've been to Normandy before, but I didn't have time to do the D-Day beaches. This trip I will do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X