Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz View Post
    I was 1st Cav 66-67. When I got my orders at Ft Carson the 1st Sargent asked me who I had pissed off.
    1st Cav as well but OIF not Vietnam. ‘09 and my battalion was the last out of country during the pull out in ‘11.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

1st Cav as well but OIF not Vietnam. ‘09 and my battalion was the last out of country during the pull out in ‘11.
      I recall in 1981 and 1982 when I was in the Army (Ft Polk - 588th Combat Engineer Battalion) we had a few middle of the night "alerts" where we had to dress in full battle gear and prepare to ship off. The leadership finally informed us exactly where we'd be going when/if we were deemed ready. They said the Persian Gulf! That was 1981. I guess Reagan wasn't happy with Iran in those days.
      Last edited by Hadl2Alworth; 05-29-2022, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Thank you for your service.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz View Post
          I've been here for 18 years. Grew up in Orange county. Moved out here from Corona to get away from an x-wife. Grew to love it here. Every place in the world has 3 months of some sort of bad weather. Here you have to lay in the pool when it gets bad and there are still places where the girls wear less than that.
          San Diego doesn’t
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

It's really good to see there are a lot of members of TPB who are of the Baby Boomer generation, as I am one. As I stated above I am a few years too young to have served in Vietnam. My father and my grandfather, though both U.S. citizens, served in the armed forces of the British Commonwealth in WWI and WWII, my father being a prisoner of war in Germany for about three years in the 2nd World War. I have never served, but for those have served in the armed forces in any capacity I tip my hat to you and say "thank you."

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Brock Bowers N.M.W.
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

So Cav is calling them Battalions now? As I remember, company, battalion, brigade were referred to as troop, squadron, and regiment, per tradition...I think...it's been 25 plus years for me. 19D Cav Scout....Korea 96', in the 5/17 Cav at Pelham...until we changed to 4/7 Cav halfway thru my tour...Gary Owen!

Came back to Ft. Polk for my last 6 months,(I forget that unit) and was told I was gonna be involuntarily extended 18 months, and shipped to Bosnia. I was ok with it...but married right before I went to basic, at that point my wife and I had been apart more than together after 3 years...she was heartbroken. As luck would have it, though, our squadron was selected as reserve, and left behind to train and support the units going over, so I got to ETS and go home with my wife after 6 months after all...so in the end, I did my service, but never saw combat....for those particular vets, my hat's off to YOU.
              Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
              (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
              23. A. Mitchell WR
              37. K. Jenkins DT
              69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
              110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
              181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
              253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

So Cav is calling them Battalions now? As I remember, company, battalion, brigade were referred to as troop, squadron, and regiment, per tradition...I think...it's been 25 plus years for me. 19D Cav Scout....Korea 96', in the 5/17 Cav at Pelham...until we changed to 4/7 Cav halfway thru my tour...Gary Owen!

Came back to Ft. Polk for my last 6 months,(I forget that unit) and was told I was gonna be involuntarily extended 18 months, and shipped to Bosnia. I was ok with it...but married right before I went to basic, at that point my wife and I had been apart more than together after 3 years...she was heartbroken. As luck would have it, though, our squadron was selected as reserve, and left behind to train and support the units going over, so I got to ETS and go home with my wife after 6 months after all...so in the end, I did my service, but never saw combat....for those particular vets, my hat's off to YOU.
                Depends on the Cav unit, I was part of a heavy brigade (1-12 battalion which was actually reflagged from 2/7 about 3 years before I got there) so Mounted Infantry and Tankers. I was a 68W, combat medic, and did my first trip 6 weeks after finishing training. We were supposed to have 18 months between but that got reduced to 11 months when they moved up the withdrawal. Another year in the desert and then messing around stateside for a few months before I decided 4 years was enough time for me and I got out. If I’m being honest being in Iraq wasn’t much worse than being in Ft. Hood for my tastes.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

I know this thread is for non Chargers football stuff but I couldn't think of anywhere better to post this and I don't want to make a thread just for it. Anyway, I had a dream about the Dolphins vs Chargers game this year. In it the Chargers blocked a field goal attempt by the Dolphins. The Chargers were wearing the all navy colors and the Dolphins were in all white (Miami wears aqua pants with their white jerseys too). LAC is going to wear the navy uniform against the Dolphins for the game in the 2022 season. I had other dreams too, but I'll probably have to come back for them.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Wow... Rich Strike wins the Kentucky Derby.. 80-1!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Wow... Rich Strike wins the Kentucky Derby.. 80-1!
                      Jockey's first KD.
                      The way he maneuvered around jockey in yellow cap, on the rail.
                      Next level ride.
                      Rich Strike wanted a piece of every other horse out there post race.
                      EPIC, B-O !!!
                      You don't know ball

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Both calls of the race didn't notice Rich Strike until he passed the leaders, he was held back until 3/4s and found the right line, he could have been boxed in. The back story is great, not even in the race until the late scratch on Friday, and was available on a claiming race for $30K, winning the $1.86M purse.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

3rd Armored, Frankfurt - 503rd S&T, Drake Edwards Kaserne 65-67. I took Basic at Ft Polk, supply training at Ft Eustis, Va. All considered I had a good job ordering & handing out parts in the motor pool. We were a tactical unit, as was all 3rd Armored and hit the road periodically with our fleet of duece & 1/2s & 5 tons with fuel trailers & flatbeds to support the tanks & artillery on field exercises. Usually in bad weather and ending on dirt roads. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍