• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

OT: WOYM Thread

Just random thoughts. Use this thread to discuss whatever you want outside of politics and religion. Its slow this time of year and i always like one or two of these to sort of bond us together. Make us a stronger community.

Just want to throw out that insomnia sucks. lol
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

First.
    Everyone.
    What's your percentage of body fat ?
    Mine is the same as Drue Tranquill's number.
    Work in progress.
    You don't know ball

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

I'm reading Mario Puzo's The Godfather right now, along with watching Francis Ford Coppola's movie trilogy. The Godfather original movi was released 50 years ago on my 15th birthday. It seemed very real 50 years ago when I was a young teen. And though it is still a very good movie to watch, it seems a bit campy to me now. I also watched the commentary version with Coppola, and all the hassle he went through with the studio, working under constant threat of being fired, and the fact it was actually a very low budget film, to start with, it's amazing it turned out so well. Coppola is an Italian-American, and came from a large tight-knit Italian family, so he was really able to make the movie(s), the first two anyway, about family, which is why the movies are so great. GF I & II both won Best Picture and numerous other Oscars. I've read the book before, but it was at least 30 years ago, maybe 40. I've met Coppola a few times in Napa Valley, where he has a winery and where he lives. The desk of Don Vito Corleone, which I think was used in all three movies, is at his Napa winery. Coppola is a really nice guy, very regular person, not the least bit pretentious or snobby. Just a kid from a middle class Midwest Italian immigrant family who used his talent and his tenacity to make something of himself.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        First.
        Everyone.
        Work in progress.
        My cardiologist in September said my BFP is 23, he wants me to lower it if I can. I'm 65 with a heart condition. I don't want to take cholesterol-lowering meds, so he wants me to get my BFP down to about 20 or below. I see him again in July. I cycle a lot, but I don't know if I'm going to get it down to 20 or below.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

My cardiologist in September said my BFP is 23, he wants me to lower it if I can. I'm 65 with a heart condition. I don't want to take cholesterol-lowering meds, so he wants me to get my BFP down to about 20 or below. I see him again in July. I cycle a lot, but I don't know if I'm going to get it down to 20 or below.
          What about oxidized LDL levels ?
          Major props for the cycling...serious cardio right there.
          Don't overdo the exercising at age 65, brother.
          I do not want the side effects of statin drugs either !
          The goal here is to maintain with moderate exercise, and with natural supplements, sterols, high dose fish oil etc.
          You don't know ball

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

What about oxidized LDL levels ?
            Major props for the cycling...serious cardio right there.
            Don't overdo the exercising at age 65, brother.
            I do not want the side effects of statin drugs either !
            The goal here is to maintain with moderate exercise, and with natural supplements, sterols, high dose fish oil etc.
            I don't know about oxidized LDL, it's not something my cardiologist has ever discussed with me. I effing hate statins and the side effects and I refuse to take them. My cardiologist prescribed Repatha, an injectable cholesterol med, but it's uber expensive and my insurer balked. So I'm going without. My LDL is pretty low so it's not a big concern. I eat a 100 percent plant-based diet - no meat, no dairy, no eggs - and that is one big factor why it is low. And I try to keep my body in reasonably good condition. But the older you get the harder it is to keep the LDL low.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

This is my softball team. Sponsored by a friend who owns a doggy daycare center in Sacramento called Grateful Dog. We play in the inner-city co-ed league in Sacramento. I'm not is this photo. Last year we were the summer and fall season champs. We lost a few players this year - our best woman player is having another baby so she is out this year - and we are currently 1-1 for the spring season. We were rained out last night. I haven't been able to play recently because I'm on a medication that makes me susceptible to internal bleeding so I can't risk taking a hit. I won't be on it for much longer and I look forward to getting back out on the field.

277533903_10159713136026168_3633082195817706477_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=MSbEX4mxU-oAX95KVne&_nc_oc=AQkFn1MZNxFh2K0icoXnjNh8HGU0QKt5wRvF5JFbMkifG8zpxaNGT04VaF-eFVOYjyU&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-1.fna&oh=00_AT_EI

Comment

• SBbound
                Casual fanatic
                • Feb 2019
                • Merced/San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I've met Coppola a few times in Napa Valley, where he has a winery and where he lives. The desk of Don Vito Corleone, which I think was used in all three movies, is at his Napa winery.
                And a very cool mint Tucker! You're right he's a very personable guy.

Comment

• nomad1946
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2017
                  • West Yellowstone, Montana
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

oops
                  Last edited by nomad1946; 04-16-2022, 05:19 PM. Reason: made an error

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

I agree that insomnia sucks. Meditation has helped that at times for me. Not all the time though. The body/brain is very complicated I guess. Or maybe just for me.

My body fat index is high. I'm eating less though and slowly losing weight. Happy with that.

Seems like Covid might be making another push. I want my 4th shot.

I really wanted to go to Ukraine (to fight) when I heard what the Russians we're doing to the civilians there. Fucking bastards. If that's politics I'm sorry. Sad story.

I'm taking Strattera for my psych issues. So far so good. Maybe it's not perfect but it works well enough for me to think better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

First.
                      Everyone.
                      Work in progress.
                      Ive dropped a ton for sure. I was pretty up there im sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍